Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which three of these four should be part of the Clean DX set?

• Total voters
Paraphrased comment from the FB group: “I can’t believe people were so dumb to think the announced price of $950 was what we were actually going to be paying.” Oof. People are going to town there attacking anyone expressing their frustrations with the pricing.

Which is pretty stupid on their part if they do not plan to do a Catwoman themselves.
Joost selling Catwoman could increase the demand for their Batman Returns 2.0 figure
Hot Toys is as bitter as they come when it comes to these things. They showed a teaser for the Batmobile and Vulture the same week Joost was throwing his up for PO, only to never put their version up. They just did it so that people wouldn't PO Joost's version out of fear that HT will put up theirs. It's a **** move on their part.

I can see them doing the same thing for Catwoman. A new teaser after 12 years, only to never do anything about it.

wpcQhpg.jpeg
a44rbRh.jpeg

The more I think about this, the more I'm inclined to pass. I'm just not seeing the value here. :( From the photos we've seen, the suit still has that pixelated look to it, too (is that just a placeholder image for the material?). If I'm paying such a premium for a bare-bones figure, that figure's bones better be unclockable.

But, I want to emphasize this again: the Hell Here sign not being offered with the standard, clean figure is what's absolutely killing it. If that were included with just the basic clean sculpt, I wouldn't even hesitate. Batman Returns is my favorite Batman movie. More than that, it's one of my favorites of all time. I'm beyond bummed.

We will we get more Michelle Catwoman figures now, just watch. Jazz have pulled the trigger and it will cause a ripple effect, that always happens. And while i'm sure we may get some VERY good ones.......maybe even more affordable, Joost can at least be very proud of that snarl sculpt on the BD DX. Good luck topping that from any other release coming down the line.

Also, i wouldn't be too upset about what extras come with these releases just yet. As Joost said, if these sell like crazy they will have more money to add more. Whether or not he does is another story, and i know we can only judge upon face value of what is being sold right now.............but this figure is a LOOONG way from release and there may be a lot of tweaks/additions to what we get over the next year. Maybe.

We will we get more Michelle Catwoman figures now, just watch. Jazz have pulled the trigger and it will cause a ripple effect, that always happens. And while i'm sure we may get some VERY good ones.......maybe even more affordable, Joost can at least be very proud of that snarl sculpt on the BD DX. Good luck topping that from any other release coming down the line.

Also, i wouldn't be too upset about what extras come with these releases just yet. As Joost said, if these sell like crazy they will have more money to add more. Whether or not he does is another story, and i know we can only judge upon face value of what is being sold right now.............but this figure is a LOOONG way from release and there may be a lot of tweaks/additions to what we get over the next year. Maybe.
I'm aware of all that, but the uncertainty of it is what gives me pause. I think so many are going to be priced out of this that those "extras" aren't going to materialize due to the "lack of interest."

Which is pretty stupid on their part if they do not plan to do a Catwoman themselves.
Joost selling Catwoman could increase the demand for their Batman Returns 2.0 figure
Sideshow spent at least $25,000 developing a social media app that completely sucks and then stopped going to San Diego Comic Con because they can't really afford it anymore, but instead claimed that they're trying to be more accessible to everybody by doing their own thing and streaming from Thousand Oaks. So they painted themselves into a corner where they're doubling down on their existing and dwindling customer base instead of working to appeal to them and attracting new ones.
They make stupid decisions all the time.

I'm aware of all that, but the uncertainty of it is what gives me pause. I think so many are going to be priced out of this that those "extras" aren't going to materialize due to the "lack of interest."
This hobby has done nothing but go up in price over the last few years, and it ain’t stopping people from buying.
For every person priced out there’s 5 more who can afford it.
These will sell well.

My only concern regarding price is the indication this gives for Penguin... a rooted figure, much more complex outfit, and also a new body. No way there will be a Basic Penguin for $315 unless he's wearing only his sewer onesey. The Mayor, with working umbrella, will be closer to Catwoman's clean DX price.

Sideshow spent at least $25,000 developing a social media app that completely sucks and then stopped going to San Diego Comic Con because they can't really afford it anymore, but instead claimed that they're trying to be more accessible to everybody by doing their own thing and streaming from Thousand Oaks. So they painted themselves into a corner where they're doubling down on their existing and dwindling customer base instead of working to appeal to them and attracting new ones.
They make stupid decisions all the time.
For me, the stupidest decision they made was offering only carrier service to ship international (Fedex, DHL). Just to ship to Canada, this adds taxes, plus another 20$ plus brokerage fees. Add in the shipping cost of at least 35-40$ per figure, just the shipping ends up being over 30% of the price of the figure itself.

They use to offer USPS/EMS which was a lot cheaper and in most cases would avoid duties & taxes.
BBTS did the same thing a few years ago and I stopped ordering from them as well. Cheaper to get things shipped from Asia than from the same continent !

Last edited:
If HT was going to do something, I feel like we would have gotten at least a tease prior to this Jazzinc preorder. As they clearly have the resources to quickly throw an outfit together. Or create a basic silhouette of a Catwoman figure.

So I get the impression they really have no interest. Just like they never made a Kravitz Catwoman either.

JND is already doing a 1/3rd Michelle, i'm sure they will scale that down to a 1/6th eventually. Though it's not going to be affordable.

As much as I love it, I'm leaning toward a pass. I know it's a while off, but this is beyond the price cut-off for me. I had a feeling the rolling eyes were going to do it. Great figure, though!

If HT was going to do something, I feel like we would have gotten at least a tease prior to this Jazzinc preorder. As they clearly have the resources to quickly throw an outfit together. Or create a basic silhouette of a Catwoman figure.

So I get the impression they really have no interest. Just like they never made a Kravitz Catwoman either.
They've had 12 years to do it after announcing Catwoman, Penguin, and Batman for winter of 2012. In that time, they've only seen fit to make Batman-twice.

Back