Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought they would attempt to replicate a neon sign a little more realistically than that, like 3D tubes? I don’t know, not blown away but it’s hard for dioramas to wow me enough to own.

Ok, they’re winning me over on the dio.
The light appears quite weak and the lack of any interior details or image is hopefully just because it’s unfinished. Overall pretty sweet- but the nameplate absolutely has to change.
1724972613162.png

Just Catwoman would suffice but if Batman Returns has to be there for some contractual obligation, it should all be in smaller font than the character name.

I want the three headsculpts, no need for the dio. Hopefully, that's an option.

1724975968816.png

Damn - that is pretty nice so far, needs a few little adjustments but yeah that is something I am very interested in
Quite interesting.
This does evoke Batman Returns to me.
Yeah. I particularly like the bits of snow on the top and on the gargoyles.
Yeah the snow, and distinctly-Gotham inclusion of the gargoyles, the dark and smog stained stone and the little neon pop of colour really do evoke the movie nicely.
Honestly looks a lot better than I was imagining already.

My fear is the darkness as a backdrop... against a basically black figure. From a distance, it will be very hard to see Catwoman.
Wonder if an image of the room in there would look okay. Have it be a bit blurred to fake the camera depth of field. Leave the image tinted pink so it gives the illusion that the sign is lighting it up.

aNDX6LH.png

Had the exact same fear and the exact same solution, the pitch blackness isn't screen accurrate, but the pink light and wall colours are accurate to the scene and movie and will give Selina something to pop against.
Love the photo of the apartment angle - it will give a bit more visual interest, some depth to the image and once again will help highlight Selina's silhouette.

Wait, I can't remember. Will the standard include the base? I'm in for the deluxe for the extra sculpts. The base is going straight to Ebay. I have no room for it.

I don't do large Dios.

Ok, they’re winning me over on the dio.
The light appears quite weak and the lack of any interior details or image is hopefully just because it’s unfinished. Overall pretty sweet- but the nameplate absolutely has to change.
View attachment 723001

Just Catwoman would suffice but if Batman Returns has to be there for some contractual obligation, it should all be in smaller font than the character name.
Joost said the name plate is being Tweaked. I assume that means both "Batman" and "Returns" will be the same size, and "Catwoman" will be larger, but we'll see.
I hope the nameplate is magnetic/removeable. Never seen the point of them.
Joost said on Facebook that it is.

So there are 4 heads per figure now or one has been cut from the battle damaged set?

I think the sculpt on the left is the one from the centre of the below image but looks to have less of an underbite, a reshaped mouth, and wider, more desperate eyes. Looks like a winner.
1725014414298.png

I wouldn't mind replacing the right-side head with a closed mouth bd look. It's not perticularly distinctive so three completely different expressions sounds like a smart choice (if we're not getting 4 heads now;) Neutral, Despairing, Enraged.

Quite interesting.
This does evoke Batman Returns to me.

Yeah, it does.

The nameplate is removable too. I’d be curious to see Returns Batman in the middle of it, alongside Penguin and Catwoman. That’ll be nice.

Wait, I can't remember. Will the standard include the base? I'm in for the deluxe for the extra sculpts. The base is going straight to Ebay. I have no room for it.

I don't do large Dios.

The standard figures will include smaller stands. We haven’t seen what they look like yet though.

So there are 4 heads per figure now or one has been cut from the battle damaged set?

I think the sculpt on the left is the one from the centre of the below image but looks to have less of an underbite, a reshaped mouth, and wider, more desperate eyes. Looks like a winner.
View attachment 723049

I wouldn't mind replacing the right-side head with a closed mouth bd look. It's not perticularly distinctive so three completely different expressions sounds like a smart choice (if we're not getting 4 heads now;) Neutral, Despairing, Enraged.

They’re going to show us four completed heads for each version, but we can only keep three, depending on which one gets the lowest votes in a poll they’ll have coming up in the JazzInc facebook group.

Joost Assink

Admin
Group expert

14m

we have also sent the final heads for the battle damaged alternatives to Viola for paint. Now also a closed mouth option for battle damaged catwoman

View attachment 723045
oh no....
The 3 battle damaged heads were perfect as they were...
I wanted the 3 of them, and i was gonna take at least a battle damaged pack without hesitation...
But I don't want a closed mouth for this set...it doesn't fit at all..
So now if one of the 3 is scrapped for a closed mouth, i don't know what i will do anymore...
For the clean i'am already worried that we'll get the unusable tongue out sculpt..
And now this..
And it will all depend on the results of the votes on facebook?

If down the line the support allows to have 4 sculpt per figure, so it will be great..
otherwise it' will be frustrating..

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s a frustrating situation. They’ll show off four fully-painted, completed head sculpts, then take one away, even though we’ll be paying around $500 for one of these.

@JazzInc What’s going to happen to the heads that “lose”? Are those gone forever, or could they be thrown in if there’s enough sales, or even sold separately later? The facebook group has shown a few times now that they’re awful at making decisions.

Now I'm worried that the Facebook people are somehow going to get the snarling head eliminated. I wouldn't put it past them...
Which snarling head? The battle damaged one? I doubt it. I do think the "meow" head is getting eliminated, though. Those facebook polls seem to be bombed by people making bad decisions on purpose.

Back