Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Devito, surely. '22 "penguin" isn't even worthy of the name. Good acting. Terrible representation of the character imo.

Much like that lame ass Riddler.

Bias, as usual on my part.

Joost mentioned both ‘22 Catwoman and Penguin are in the pipeline, and so far there hasn’t been any real confirmation on a DeVito Penguin happening IIRC. Hopefully this is that.

Joost mentioned both ‘22 Catwoman and Penguin are in the pipeline, and so far there hasn’t been any real confirmation on a DeVito Penguin happening IIRC. Hopefully this is that.
Exactly how many characters from how many different films has he proposed to be in the pipeline?

Exactly how many characters has he proposed to be in the pipeline?

As far as I can remember:

Pfeiffer Catwoman
BTAS Batman
Uma Thurman Ivy
Clooney Batman (cancelled?)
O’Donnell Robin (cancelled?)
Silverstone Batgirl
‘89 Batman?
Begins Batman?
‘66 Batman
‘66 Robin

Joost, if you’re reading this, I realize you have the license, but please don’t keep me from my Mars Toys Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face, Gorshin Riddler, and Burgess Meredith Penguin. :lol

Pfeiffer Catwoman
BTAS Batman
Uma Thurman Ivy
Silverstone Batgirl
‘89 Batman?
Begins Batman?
‘66 Batman
‘66 Robin

Joost, if you’re reading this, I realize you have the license, but please don’t keep me from my Mars Toys Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face, Gorshin Riddler, and Burgess Meredith Penguin. :lol
Jesus christ. He hasn't even released the first figure for preorder yet. Huh.

Pfeiffer Catwoman
BTAS Batman
Uma Thurman Ivy
Silverstone Batgirl
‘89 Batman?
Begins Batman?
‘66 Batman
‘66 Robin

Jesus christ. He hasn't even released the first figure for preorder yet. Huh.

Ahhhhh, the Mars Toys effect.

If he's working on Penguin that means Cats is in production.

Correct? My assumption, anyway. I stopped keeping up with this thread.
Imagine if every figure Mars Toys made renders of meant the previously teased ones were in production.
I might actually have that goddamn Gus in hand!

Catwoman sculpts seem to be signed off now so may as well have the sculptor make a head start on the next reveal.
Penguin could be another two figure set with the mayoral attire and his dishevelled finale look. Although that may be a higher risk since the Eternal figure is fairly adequate.
The costume and head being included could be enough for most but I’m sure we’ll have plenty of time to argue over that in the future.

One of Penguin’s head options should have blood on his mouth. It would be epic. There was controversy by parents on that scene which killed the Burton-verses, I think. Something to do with McDonald’s toys or something to it.

One of Penguin’s head options should have blood on his mouth. It would be epic. There was controversy by parents on that scene which killed the Burton-verses, I think. Something to do with McDonald’s toys or something to it.

I recall that it was Burton himself who killed the “Burton-verse.” He does not like to do sequels and only agreed to do Returns because he was intrigued by the villains in that story. Look at how long it took for him to return to the Beetlejuice world. (Dunno what motivated him to do that sequel. Probably just money.)

Penguin will be a difficult one for me. Would feel wrong to have a Returns display without him but even today I find it difficult to watch the Penguins scenes. I feel nothing but pity for him.

A standard version will probably suffice for me.

Hopefully sales are strong enough on both Catwoman and Penguin to convince Joost to make a Max Shrek figure.

Returns Batman and Catwoman will do for me. Penguin was repulsive to look at on screen, I’d imagine the figure will be too.
He also didn’t accomplish anything and just soaked up screen time if I’m being honest.

Returns Batman and Catwoman will do for me. Penguin was repulsive to look at on screen, I’d imagine the figure will be too.
He also didn’t accomplish anything and just soaked up screen time if I’m being honest.

What? The movie told the story of his entire lifespan! Sure, we also see Selina’s transformation but Bruce is not much more than an observer here. Bruce ends the film the way he began: unchanged and alone.

Knowing Burton’s preferences for offbeat characters, I’d bet that in his mind this movie is all about Penguin. He probably decided to add in Catwoman just to give Batman something to do. ( He needed Batman in the story to get studio financing.)

Of course I could be wrong.

But what I do know is that any critical discussion of “Batman Returns” that fails to include Penguin will be critically flawed. It’s _his_ movie, not Batman’s. Don’t be fooled by the title. That’s what the marketing people wanted.

Oh dear.

Brace yourselves, I'm about to complain.
And tell me if my critique is unfair.

I obviously can't expect Jazz to make their figure in accordance to my own vision of how it should be. That's not for me or anyone else to dictate. I can only provide suggestions the same as everybody, and there will always be a difference in opinion depending on preference, and priority. *But it can also boil down to common sense

Personally, I've been passionate and excited at the prospect that we're finally getting a 1/6 scale Pfeiffer Catwoman, and by Jazzinc no less.

Certainly, I'm open to a lot of compromise.

I can understand the decision to exclude wrist articulation, as my favor leans towards realism, and they've rectified that with a slew of good hand gesturing options.

For that same reason, in keeping with the realism, I can understand not having ankle articulation either (as much as it hurts the dynamic potential for the character) *Although, having an additional split pair of boots could still be an option worth exploring

I can also overlook the seamless body which will hinder posing and articulation (Considering it could simply come down to the nature of the character's design) *Although, I'd encourage them to explore every alternative before they commit to this option

Hell
o There...

I was even beginning to make peace with the fact that we're not getting the rolling eye system, which as I detailed in my posts before, is a sorely detrimental choice for this figure. *or a delicate statue is it?

The latest casualty of this creative lapse in judgement appears to be the neutral sculpt, which they may have done away with completely by the looks of things. The one sculpt that should be a staple of this release.

You must be joking.

If your aim is to capture the essence of this character in only 3 static (and expensive) headsculpts, the chosen selection falls extremely short of that I think.

And I would hope that you'd revert back to your original plan and offer a standard package with a single sculpt, because getting this at an affordable price with the smiling expression, seems to be the only remaining viable option for me.

Otherwise, speaking for myself alone, this is not looking very promising.

I'm happy for those of you who are excited (truly).

But this is becoming a really hard sell for me.

And mind you, that if it sells, Howard won't miss his chance to get a slice of the pie, being the opportunistic vulture that he is.

In its current state, Hot Toys can blow this figure out of relevance with one announcement if they tried, let alone any higher end company that is willing to take a stab (JND).
Hey! so we tried the split on the boots, made a prototype of it but it looked really bad actually - if they were a pair of boots without laces I think it could be possible to hide the seam in a fold but because of the laces, breaking it apart in two just made it look very toy-like (if you know what I mean) - when you say the 4 portraits we chose does not represent well the essence of her character - which expression would you suggest for her? (no lie - I've made around 10-12 expressions for this character so far already lol)

we are developing our own, it's the only way to create the proper proportions for her!
That’s great news Sean.
Personally prefer seamless heels and gloved forearms, realism every time.

It’s also a smart move to just swap the metal claws from hand to hand. If you’re paying attention to what you’re doing, you could never place the wrong one on the wrong finger when swapping them, but I know people will anyways so perhaps a little one sheet or something with indicators.

Can you have the painter make the sclera underneath the iris show on these sculpts? It helps sell her likeness. Also, can you all look into a whip with real materials perhaps?

What? The movie told the story of his entire lifespan! Sure, we also see Selina’s transformation but Bruce is not much more than an observer here. Bruce ends the film the way he began: unchanged and alone.

Knowing Burton’s preferences for offbeat characters, I’d bet that in his mind this movie is all about Penguin. He probably decided to add in Catwoman just to give Batman something to do. ( He needed Batman in the story to get studio financing.)

Of course I could be wrong.

But what I do know is that any critical discussion of “Batman Returns” that fails to include Penguin will be critically flawed. It’s _his_ movie, not Batman’s. Don’t be fooled by the title. That’s what the marketing people wanted.
I think Burton really wanted something with Catwoman but obviously couldn’t make a movie with only her. Needed a grotesque villain to follow up Nicholson’s Joker, a half and half antagonist wouldn’t cut it alone. Devito’s character brought the wow factor, for better or worse.

The ending with Bruce picking up the stray cat in the alley. Bruce is searching for a love interest between the two films, it’s the holidays and he’s alone. I believe that is where Burton’s focus was on. Penguin just added action, other than the opening scene, we don’t know anything about him. The movie actually has a lot of focus pinpointed at her, she tried to expose her boss, gets thrown out a window and awakens to a psychotic break. I’d argue Penguin is more of the side character in this.

Hey! so we tried the split on the boots, made a prototype of it but it looked really bad actually - if they were a pair of boots without laces I think it could be possible to hide the seam in a fold but because of the laces, breaking it apart in two just made it look very toy-like (if you know what I mean) - when you say the 4 portraits we chose does not represent well the essence of her character - which expression would you suggest for her? (no lie - I've made around 10-12 expressions for this character so far already lol)

Could you do what Hot Toys did and make the seamless boot bendable at the ankle joint?

at 18:00 min timestamp

You’d have to be careful with the stability of it, she does have on heels and will be on a magnetic base, we don’t want another InArt Joker base / lack of flat foot issue here.

Back