Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Devito, surely. '22 "penguin" isn't even worthy of the name. Good acting. Terrible representation of the character imo.

Much like that lame ass Riddler.

Bias, as usual on my part.
That's actually how I feel about 22 Catwoman.

Hathaway's as well.

Pfeiffer's is far and beyond more captivating..

-

I never cared for any iteration of the Penguin.

The Zodiac spin on the 22 Riddler though is the most interesting the character's ever been in my opinion. But the execution wasn't all ace.

One of Penguin’s head options should have blood on his mouth. It would be epic. There was controversy by parents on that scene which killed the Burton-verses, I think. Something to do with McDonald’s toys or something to it.

"mmmhmm...
Just the ***** I've been looking for.."

Screenshot_20240827-191326_Chrome-01.jpeg

I can imagine parents in 92 taking their kids to see a Batman movie, only to be left so horrified...

It's hilarious.

However, the film does benefit from Burton's over indulgence in most other aspects, and it only adds to my appreciation for the film.

Last edited:
Hey! so we tried the split on the boots, made a prototype of it but it looked really bad actually

Fair enough 👍

In my mind, having her heels laying flat on the ground without any ankle articulation, probably entails a lot of constraint with what you can do for her stance. But for what it's worth, I think that going seamless is the right choice.

This is the right compromise.

When you say the 4 portraits we chose does not represent well the essence of her character - which expression would you suggest for her?

Here, I was under the impression that the neutral expression didn't make the cut (leaving only the selection of 3 that was pictured).

-

Now.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but since you asked..

I would argue that the human eye is far more emotive and revealing than any facial expression.

Yes it's not nearly as true for an action figure, but even still, leaving out the rolling eye system leaves you with very limited options... Therefore your selection of (ultimately) any 3 static sculpts, and how you choose to paint their eyes, will be very critical. But no matter the outcome (and how great) it's inevitable that sacrifices will be made, and you'll be leaving so much on the table for a character with so much range.

-

For the sake of compromise, I would leave out the tongue expression.

However, I maintain that the best approach for a sixth scale Catwoman is a sculpt with rolling eyes, and the following interchangeable mouth expressions:

Neutral
(Sass / Stoicism / Intensity)

Smiling Open & Closed
(Playful / Confident / Sinister)

Gritted teeth
(Ferocity)

1724096188201-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20240827-200625_Facebook-03.jpeg

Last edited:
Fair enough 👍

In my mind, having her heels laying flat on the ground without any ankle articulation, probably entails a lot of constraint with what you can do for her stance. But for what it's worth, I think that going seamless is the right choice.

This is the right compromise.

Here, I was under the impression that the neutral expression didn't make the cut (leaving only the selection of 3 that was pictured).

-

Now.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but since you asked..

I would argue that the human eye is far more emotive and revealing than any facial expression.

Yes it's not nearly as true for an action figure, but even still, leaving out the rolling eye system leaves you with very limited options... Therefore your selection of (ultimately) any 3 static sculpts, and how you choose to paint their eyes, will be very critical. But no matter the outcome (and how great) it's inevitable that sacrifices will be made, and you'll be leaving so much on the table for a character with so much range.

-

For the sake of compromise, I would leave out the tongue expression.

However, I maintain that the best approach for a sixth scale Catwoman is a sculpt with rolling eyes, and the following interchangeable mouth expressions:

Neutral
(Sass / Stoicism / Intensity)

Smiling Open & Closed
(Playful / Confident / Sinister)

Gritted teeth
(Ferocity)

View attachment 722569
View attachment 722573
Rolling Ryes and interchangeable mouth expressions would be EPIC 🤯🤯🤯🤯

"mmmhmm...
I re-watched this over the weekend. Everyone is so horny in this movie.

Catwomans licking everything, she's forgetting to wear her underwear to school, she's rubbing herself on furniture, Penguins "looking for *****" wanting to "fill voids", Bruce is drooling at Selina in every frame. It's wild.

"mmmhmm...

View attachment 722562

I can imagine parents in 92 taking their kids to see a Batman movie, only to be left so horrified...

It's hilarious.

However, the film does benefit from Burton's over indulgence in most other aspects, and it only adds to my appreciation for the film.
All of Devito’s Penguin scenes have always been my favorites. I like the part where he was “sniffing” Catwoman’s foot. Lmao

I re-watched this over the weekend. Everyone is so horny in this movie.

Catwomans licking everything, she's forgetting to wear her underwear to school, she's rubbing herself on furniture, Penguins "looking for *****" wanting to "fill voids", Bruce is drooling at Selina in every frame. It's wild.
So that's why I was so horny in 1992.

View attachment 722725
Why they didn't experiment with this idea is mind boggling.
My guess is they'd rather work in an area where they're comfortable. Doing something like this on their first go must be daunting.

However, Joost doesn't strike me as the type to run from a challenge. He's made some wild contributions to the hobby. Maybe it's a lapse in judgement. Maybe they should have led with something less ambitious..

But I hold firmly to the belief that this will hurt the product. And it might push them into a corner if another company decides to capitalize.

My fear is the darkness as a backdrop... against a basically black figure. From a distance, it will be very hard to see Catwoman.
It is kinda unfortunate that the Hell Here will essentially be wasted as a visual addition to the base as she'll be standing in front of it.

Back