Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that so? My bad, then. I saw "Facebook" (and a long URL) on the links and I assumed those were direct links. And I thought it was a pity to eventually lose the process we're witnessing. : )

When I was a mod I tried to get the word out that links were bound to break after a short while, so it was best practise to upload them. It was a pity that so many threads had broken first posts - masses of promo images all gone. As a mod I tried to repair the ones I discovered by uploading at least one overall image of the product.

When downloading I usually give them a simple name so I know what order to re-upload them in. Hovering over the last three images shows c1, c2 and c3.

Re-posting these for posterity, since images that are posted as direct links to Facebook will stop showing in a couple of months or fewer. : )

Man, do I love the "meow" sculpt.

Michelle-esborra-8440137468197083332-n.jpg

Michelle-esborra-6181667257617215713-n.jpg

Michelle-esborra-6911693341257180780-n.jpg
Michelle Pfeiffer Meow GIF by Max

Just because you personally don’t plan on using it doesn’t mean it’s a “waste of a sculpt”. The reason it’s even included is because a good chunk of folks requested it.:dunno
I agree! I was surprised that the tongue out one looked so good in the paint, I think we'll see how it looks on the body though when we photograph it to see if it works in different positions
This is more of a nitpick, but I think the mask is too flush / squished on to her face. Could flare a little on her cheeks, and around her eyes, for an added sense of realism and accuracy.
it really depends on the scene, even the height of the mask changes from scene to scene! Sometimes it is tighter to her face, sometimes sticks out from her cheeks (I've made all versions trust me)
The slight smile and the gritted teeth are the best out of the four. The neutral is probably the weakness since her expression is so bland.

The tongue out sculpt really only works with her eyes looking to the side. Looks odd just having her facing straight forward with her tongue sticking out like she’s at the doctor.
I resculpted the neutral one and Viola is painting now, I feel it will be stronger this time around. As for the tongue out - I think you maybe right, that or her eyes actually being closed?
The likeness to Michelle on all those sculpts is incredible. This is shaping up to be better than I ever dared dream.

The smirk and toothy expression are my favourites so far. As long as those two are part of the deluxe I'm more than satisfied.

My only issue with the tongue out sculpt is the eyes not really fitting the expression. Can't find the words to express what I mean but it just doesn't feel like they match up.
thank you so much! Me and Viola agree with you in regards to the eyes, they will be fixed for main production (if tongue out is chosen as the main sculpt)
I think the tongue out sculpt is the obvious choice to eliminate.

What are you going to do? Have her hold an ice cream cone?

You'll get very little out of it.
I'm hoping we can pose her licking her arm like in the movie, we'll see how flexible the suit is on top of that body though...
Eliminate the voting process.

Show us what you would like to offer, then if we complain or have a different idea in mind, we can voice it and wait for an answer.

Work on those complaints over the course of the project, putting everything to a vote is nonsensical, at that point are you even releasing your product? Don’t be a people pleaser, just put out damn good product and we’ll shut up.
if only people would shut up lol, I like the customer feedback personally - because there are ideas out there that are presented that we had not considered - that end up being amazing! take the 'meow' head for example, I would never have thought this would be a good idea for a head sculpt but it's actually one of my favourites now!

I don't know..

I don't feel firmly drawn to any of the clean sculpts actually. They're all just fine, but none looks like a heavy hitter to me.

There are things that work well here and there..

I like the eyes on the tongue out sculpt, and wish I could match that with a different expression, and push it further even. That's one example.

I'm sure the neutral sculpt will be voted out, given how bland it is in execution.

It's a lot of promising work, but the whole thing feels handicapped.

-

I'm more impressed with the battle damaged selection. Easier to capture the character more faithfully (with 3 static sculpts) when it's a scene specific figure. That one seems the stronger of the two, although it's the less important representation.
really sorry to hear that! for you - what clean sculpts expressions would you have preferred? or is it more of a case that you feel we did not nail the sculpts that we chose?

Hey @sdabbs , is there a chance that if this reaches enough preorders that all four heads could end up being included? Or possibly have whichever one doesn’t “win” the vote sold separately, alongside the unmasked head that was mentioned briefly?

I agree! I was surprised that the tongue out one looked so good in the paint, I think we'll see how it looks on the body though when we photograph it to see if it works in different positions

it really depends on the scene, even the height of the mask changes from scene to scene! Sometimes it is tighter to her face, sometimes sticks out from her cheeks (I've made all versions trust me)

I resculpted the neutral one and Viola is painting now, I feel it will be stronger this time around. As for the tongue out - I think you maybe right, that or her eyes actually being closed?

thank you so much! Me and Viola agree with you in regards to the eyes, they will be fixed for main production (if tongue out is chosen as the main sculpt)

I'm hoping we can pose her licking her arm like in the movie, we'll see how flexible the suit is on top of that body though...

if only people would shut up lol, I like the customer feedback personally - because there are ideas out there that are presented that we had not considered - that end up being amazing! take the 'meow' head for example, I would never have thought this would be a good idea for a head sculpt but it's actually one of my favourites now!

Curious to see your new neutral sculpt, and hopefully with the eyes slightly looking up!

catwoman returns michelle 092ff43d1eee31a52bf373708ab84eb1.jpg
jazzinc catwoman neutral Untitled.png

really sorry to hear that! for you - what clean sculpts expressions would you have preferred? or is it more of a case that you feel we did not nail the sculpts that we chose?
@sdabbs I feel the opposite I think the likeness is top notch on the 3 shown scupts props to you 👏🏻. The neutral one however isn’t really convincing and a few people here already agreed on that. If the other 3 sculpts can make it to production like this it will definitely be the ultimate Catwoman.

Man, this is shaping up to be an incredible release. So much talent collaborating to give us what Hot Toys had every opportunity to do for decades.

Neutral is currently the weakest but painting the eyes looking upwards will add a whole new expressive dimension to it.
All I know for certain is that whichever head doesn’t make the cut will be a huge loss for us all.

The tongue out is truly a surprise for how good it looks painted. Eyes open probably beats closed - and a slightly raised, with a slight side/stare might be the way to go.

Now I await the promo shots and will need to see the smirk head used for this pose using the diorama.
1725479242604.jpeg

Surely the heads from each version not selected can just be put into the double figure set as an exclusive?

This would be an awesome incentive to buy the double pack - could just ship them separate in a small box or something.

@JazzInc any chance of something like that? A lot of people here are terrified of what the facebook poll will decide. It would be awesome to have some way to get all four heads here.

It's a shame any of the heads have to be cut. Would love to see the tongue out sculpt with the adjusted eyes.

Certainly nothing wrong with the likeness on the neutral sculpt. It's just she's so expressive in the movie the other sculpts resonate more.

Back