Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose three Catwoman headsculpts to include in the DX version figure

• Total voters
Can see some improvements that could be made to get closer in likeness but it's already at a really good place if the sculpt gets chosen. It can only improve from here with Sean being a perfectionist.

View attachment 723991

thanks buddy - so you are basically right, just a couple of frames later that we based this sculpt on (mouth a little more closed in more of a subtle disgust mixed with attitude)
1.jpg
2.jpg

Nobody's pointed to the fact that, if the neutral sculpt gets cut, that would leave the "meow" sculpt as the only clean sculpt in the pack. The others have the brow stitch undone, which technically won't match as accurately to the clean body, because at that point in the film, there's a little damage done to the suit as well.

Scrap all 4 sculpts. Repackage them into one clean sculpt with all 4 expressions, and rolling eyes.

If that's off the table, then try keeping all 4 if preorder sales are good. Give the tongue out sculpt the eyes looking to the side, and adjust the neutral sculpt and paint work to make it look a little more intense.

Nobody's pointed to the fact that, if the neutral sculpt gets cut, that would leave the "meow" sculpt as the only clean sculpt in the pack. The others have the brow stitch undone, which technically won't match as accurately to the clean body, because at that point in the film, there's a little damage done to the suit as well.

Scrap all 4 sculpts. Repackage them into one clean sculpt with all 4 expressions, and rolling eyes.

If that's off the table, then try keeping all 4 if preorder sales are good. Give the tongue out sculpt the eyes looking to the side, and adjust the neutral sculpt and paint work to make it look a little more intense.
Also I think it’s unfair to NOT include the stoic neutral head in the deluxe if the standard version has the neutral head.

If they HAVE to use only 3, then I’d take out the 👅 head, even though I like that one, too.

Plus, if the painter painted the eyes to look up a little more on the neutral one, then everyone would’ve wanted it.

in what way? and for which head?
I’d say all of them, her eyes were dialed in.

If you can make it to where it really looks like she’s looking at something or someone with intent that would help. I think all of the sculpts should have the irises placed above the lower eyelids. The eyes all lack ferocity currently.

Also I think it’s unfair to NOT include the stoic neutral head in the deluxe if the standard version has the neutral head.

If they HAVE to use only 3, then I’d take out the 👅 head, even though I like that one, too.

Plus, if the painter painted the eyes to look up a little more on the neutral one, then everyone would’ve wanted it.
Right now, all 4 sculpts lack intensity. Even the gritted teeth version. I'm getting a slight "vanilla Hot Toys" effect.

The neutral sculpt could be the one to change that.

Looks like Nick and I are on the same page about the eyes @sdabbs

She looks like she's in a good mood. But through the majority of the film, she looked weary and agitated, even when she wasn't intense.

I'm not seeing that essence in any of the clean sculpts, even if they do capture the likeness.

Last edited:
Perhaps make the pupils a touch smaller with less contrast around the edge of the iris.

IMG_4330.jpeg

IMG_4331.jpeg

Nobody's pointed to the fact that, if the neutral sculpt gets cut, that would leave the "meow" sculpt as the only clean sculpt in the pack.

It’s not really a huge difference. Her hair isn’t spilling out of her mask with faded/runny makeup or anything - she’s still composed with vibrant makeup.

And the “meow” sculpt genuinely looks like the best sculpt of Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in 1/6 scale - possibly in any scale.

This is still a huge win - I’ll take it any day over Eternal Toys’ weird attempt, or SuperDuck’s from years ago.

It's funny how I got hostility when I suggested that the tongue-out sculpt was just there to sexualize her :rolleyes:

Oh god, can we get over this nonsense...

a98903360890e29ab0fdb33a43e622db.gif

Let's not pretend the character herself isn't sexualized in the film. She's in heat, she licks herself, she's dressed like a dominatrix. Catwoman has always been a femme fatale, Burton plays into that very heavily with Returns, almost to parody levels [on purpose]. She's sexy, who cares.

Also, the tongue out isn't some random made up sculpt, it's a direct reference from a scene in the film.

If you don't like it, simply don't use the sculpt. You're always going to get those few horny posters here making troll posts about stuff like this, its really not that deep or serious.

Tongue out sculpt is too weird for me.
But then I'm gay so maybe I just dont see the appeal in it many of your fine folks do! :ROFLMAO:

Neutral looks dead.

Teeth clench and slight smirk are PUUUUUURFECT @sdabbs

May I request you pass on the idea to Jazzinc/Joost of making the dioramas a separate purchase from the figure.
That way folks, like myself, who want the diorama can get it - but folks who want the multiple heads version of the figure but no diorama are not forced to get the diorama as well.
Thus keeping the deluxe multi-headed package costs a little lower, and therefore making it more likely that folks who were just gonna get the standard package upgrade to the multi-head package instead.
And likewise people who want just the standard figure + the diorama are not forced to buy multiple head sculpts they might not use.
Everyone wins because everyone can get what they want without being "made" to get things they dont want just to get the pieces they do.

Last edited:
Back