Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not convinced rolling eyes are the be all and end all of figurines like so many of you seem to think.

They are doing 2 version of her, so i imagine the mouth plates for the regular version with static eyes will match accordingly [relaxed mouth plate, smirk mouth plate]. The battle damage may have a more distressed look in her eyes with more expressive mouth plates [angry mouth plate, pout mouth plate ect].

They will all work fine if painted well.

I'd rather they focus on getting the costume fitted correctly, a strong likeness and good paint apps on the face tbh.
I also hope they go elegant and clean with the base like InArt do, some snow with a name plate at the front, or a sewer floor with name plate ect.
I find Hot Toys round bases with movie logos on them look very dated and lazy nowadays.

Last edited:
Do Hot Toys and Inart use machine painting for their eyeballs? I guess they don't really share trade secrets. But imo it's a bit hard to go back to static eyes for $300 figures. Makes even more sense to have it when there's various mouth expressions. Different people are going to have different preferences to the eye position they want to leave their figures in anyway.

hot toys batman 89 mms692-15.jpg

hot toys batman modern 348970573_3561649537404946_4667055538134298091_n.jpg

hot toys wolverine eyes high res.png

So many people were against moving eyes... now, it's a requirement.

I wonder when hair will get that type of following?
I mean, the day all 1/6 figures get rooted hair, will be the day I am no longer collecting them anymore. Just don't care for it much.

So many people were against moving eyes... now, it's a requirement.

I wonder when hair will get that type of following?
I don’t see that happening considering good rooted hair comes at a premium of hundreds of dollars more and is limited in production due to the time and labor involved.

Hot Toys seems to have figured out how to make rolling eyes a standard feature when it used to be reserved for higher-priced DX releases; now, even their least expensive new releases with head sculpts include them.

Movable eyes is great if done well, but may be one hell of a production challenge the first time out. Not impossible obviously, and one could presumably use existing figures for reverse engineering to a degree, but getting it right on the factory floor may be another story.

As @Wor-Gar has pointed out, a subtle upwards look on the eyes -- if static -- would likely beat the thousand-yard stare somewhat.

I don’t see that happening considering good rooted hair comes at a premium of hundreds of dollars more and is limited in production due to the time and labor involved.

Hot Toys seems to have figured out how to make rolling eyes a standard feature when it used to be reserved for higher-priced DX releases; now, even their least expensive new releases with head sculpts include them.

So yeah, why can't that happen with hair?

Big reason why I've been saying these other mouth expressions just aren't gonna work too well. Her eyes are so dead looking staring blankly into the abyss.

Being able to position them looking more up and to the left/right would help a ton. With how it is, you're not gonna be able to even position the sculpt to look in any other direction than straight forward.
what about if they were painted to be slightly looking up? would that be better?

Do Hot Toys and Inart use machine painting for their eyeballs? I guess they don't really share trade secrets. But imo it's a bit hard to go back to static eyes for $300 figures. Makes even more sense to have it when there's various mouth expressions. Different people are going to have different preferences to the eye position they want to leave their figures in anyway.

View attachment 708660
View attachment 708661
View attachment 708683
the thing is prototypes of moveable eyes always look way better than the end product (just check out HT's Padme porduction)

what about if they were painted to be slightly looking up? would that be better?

That would definitely look better, but it would still be nice to see movable eyes explored as an option. Especially with her thick dark eyeshadow I think they’d look good, similar to how Hot Toys’ best figures with PERS in the old days were Ledger Joker and Jack Sparrow - mostly because their dark eye makeup helped sell the effect.

the thing is prototypes of moveable eyes always look way better than the end product (just check out HT's Padme porduction)

Padme's whole sculpt / paint work looks off to me, I think her eyes also weren't that convincing in the 2022 prototype

The latest Tom NWH Spiderman release looks just as good as their prototype though. :D

proto
512452-IMG-5251.png

release
512825-20240525-011023.jpg

proto
440280-42BA655B-0994-4BA7-AE09-A2D693271198.jpeg

release
512428-441518047-851345443696136-4284144038187773425-n.jpg

Inart's Aragorn final eyes look great too next to the proto.

517047-inart-aragorn-comp.png

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1322352114480752/user/100064244520853

Jazzinc is doing a poll on facebook now between moveable eyes or getting 2 or 3 extra headsculpts.

"OK, while still in development of the catwoman, the moving eyes question keeps coming up. I did not calculate for that when aiming at a maximum of $300.
The cost of moving eyes will be the same as two or maybe even three separate sculpts. So what do you prefer? Having two or three separate sculpts in the box will allow to also change up the expression around the eyes, whereas moving eyes will give more options with posing the eyes."

Current the extra 2-3 headsculpt is winning by 75%

Back