Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JazzInc Dioramas said:
Inigo Gil has worked on the design some more. Added textures and a couple of cats. No fur yet.

ESBO-449756479-866746988810111-5036304119076146248-n.jpg

ESBO-449449687-866746978810112-982629492986231294-n.jpg

That’s out of scale.
Her apartment window is actually massive.
The cat in the foreground throws off perspective, the cats closest to the glass show the scale of it better.

IMG_2138.gif

IMG_2139.gif

IMG_2134.jpeg

Last edited:
So will there be furniture painted in that window? A cardboard photo piece that slides in? Will the light-up feature ruin the illusion? Will the curtains be real so the light can show through? Batteries or USB? More voting...?

Questions, questions...

That’s out of scale.
Her apartment window is actually massive.
The cat in the foreground throws off perspective, the cats closest to the glass show the scale of it better.

View attachment 711417
View attachment 711418
View attachment 711414
Yeah, so what? They're proposing using it as a backdrop (and people want it to fit in a Detolf!) so of course it's not to scale with the window in the movie. And perspective gets thrown out the (proverbial) window when its position relative to the subject (aka Catwoman) is inverted. Sheeesh, someone needs to get a little perspective lol...

I just want a normal sized base that will fit on a detolf with my Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker and have it not look like crap. This ain't it, but I hope folks will be happy with it.

Yeah, so what? They're proposing using it as a backdrop (and people want it to fit in a Detolf!) so of course it's not to scale with the window in the movie. And perspective gets thrown out the (proverbial) window when its position relative to the subject (aka Catwoman) is inverted. Sheeesh, someone needs to get a little perspective lol...
Ok so accuracy only matters on certain things got it, so from your view, there’s no need for Joost to make the 89’ Batmobile 43 inches right?

Ok so accuracy only matters on certain things got it, so from your view, there’s no need for Joost to make the 89’ Batmobile 43 inches right?

I think the point there is it's just a backdrop. For me, that is very irrelevant and shouldn't even be receiving that much effort as compared to the main item. Maybe just have that simplified even further. Just make a USB powered neon light Hello There/ Hell Here that can hanged at the back of the display case.

OR....and hear me out, Joost listened to the feedback from his Facebook group and is attempting to incorporate the popular "Hell here" theme on a deluxe backdrop sized not to overwhelm the figure. He's planning on selling Catwoman figures after all, not Catwoman dioramas. If you're going to not order this figure because of the size of that window that's your prerogative, but I wouldn't expect many to follow your lead.

OR....and hear me out, Joost listened to the feedback from his Facebook group and is attempting to incorporate the popular "Hell here" theme on a deluxe backdrop sized not to overwhelm the figure. He's planning on selling Catwoman figures after all, not Catwoman dioramas. If you're going to not order this figure because of the size of that window that's your prerogative, but I wouldn't expect many to follow your lead.
I’d prefer he go with a classy less is more base personally. What I’m saying is if you’re going to go all out with electronics why not then also make it to scale and feature a reflective surface to mimic a glass window. We’re talking about JazzInc here, you know, the guy who’s known for his larger than life dioramas and need for accuracy. Go back and look over what we’re actually getting from him with the 89’ Batmobile, it’s truly incredible, I’d prefer this get that treatment is all.

I’d prefer he go with a classy less is more base personally. What I’m saying is if you’re going to go all out with electronics why not then also make it to scale and feature a reflective surface to mimic a glass window. We’re talking about JazzInc here, you know, the guy who’s known for his larger than life dioramas and need for accuracy. Go back and look over what we’re actually getting from him with the 89’ Batmobile, it’s truly incredible, I’d prefer this get that treatment is all.
I won't deny that would you've described sounds very nice indeed and well within Jazzinc's capabilities, but it seems unrealistic once the $300 price limit is factored in. I think we need to clearly differentiate between ideal world and real world when we banter about this project. That will result in less misunderstandings and squabbling over things that are really beyond our control/influence at this point.

I won't deny that would you've described sounds very nice indeed and well within Jazzinc's capabilities, but it seems unrealistic once the $300 price limit is factored in. I think we need to clearly differentiate between ideal world and real world when we banter about this project. That will result in less misunderstandings and squabbling over things that are really beyond our control/influence at this point.
That’s why I think while the current base is a cool idea, it’s just too big to make sense and will eat a big portion of the budget for this set. Most diorama bases from other companies look silly because they’re often out of scale with the figure associated with them, giving a toy look instead of a collectible.

In fairness, I think when you consider that it’s a backdrop, the argument could be made that you’re just able to use perspective to compensate for physical scale as a sort of optical illusion (I.e. by being made smaller, it just appears further in the background than it physically is).

Is the battle damage figure also to get a base or do they share this one? Will that base be as extravagant as this one plans to be?

I think the point there is it's just a backdrop. For me, that is very irrelevant and shouldn't even be receiving that much effort as compared to the main item. Maybe just have that simplified even further. Just make a USB powered neon light Hello There/ Hell Here that can hanged at the back of the display case.
I’d buy that for a dollar!
That’s all I really need as a fun nod to a very memorable moment.

A great Catwoman figure standing atop a slice of a rooftop- not much bigger than a standard base- with the HELL HERE sign behind here.
Job done.

Back