Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tongue out sculpt is too weird for me.
But then I'm gay so maybe I just dont see the appeal in it many of your fine folks do! :ROFLMAO:
I'm sure you can ... err .. .figure it out LOL.

I've had the conversation about this character already -- she's obviously inherently sexualized but remains somewhat nuanced. The tongue sculpt is from a scene that's more grotesque than anything else.

As a heteronormative male, do I find the character sexy? Of course I do. I know plenty of straight women that do, too, for that matter. But that doesn't mean I'm getting all hot and bothered by a doll. There's nothing inherently wrong with sexualized characters, it's part of life.

Context and narrative shading are important, and Selina as portrayed in the film is complicated (for a comic book character) and multi-dimensional. It's not as if Batman isn't sexualized in his sleek, black rubber get-up with the hyper-masculine traits built into it, as well -- but we don't hear much about that for some reason, because Catwoman is the low-hanging fruit with her vamping about.

The tongue sculpt turned out way better than I thought it would, but I stand by it being more 'carnival freak' than 'sexy times'. At any rate, I would cut it if I had to choose, but truth is I want them all, it's such strong work across the board, as shown.

I think it’s weird that people think she’s sexualized. I don’t think of her that way at all. I don’t find her sexy, but I find her iconic. I grew up looking at this as my quintessential Catwoman. Maybe I’m the weird one.

It's funny how I got hostility when I suggested that the tongue-out sculpt was just there to sexualize her :rolleyes:
Well you also demeaned and shamed everyone who even considered that head sculpt to be a valid or just plain fun option with a blanket verdict of being guaranteed sex-pest creeps so I’d say that earned the majority of the scorn you rightly received.

It’s totally fair to say ‘I PERSONALLY don’t feel comfortable displaying overtly sexualised figures in my display.’ I’d even agree with that- but kink shaming in 2024… get with the programme, boomer.

For a near 10-year member with under 100 posts he's spending an awful lot of time in the sexy Catwoman thread.

shame-game-of-thrones.gif

I think it’s weird that people think she’s sexualized. I don’t think of her that way at all. I don’t find her sexy, but I find her iconic. I grew up looking at this as my quintessential Catwoman. Maybe I’m the weird one.
Not weird. My point is that she's more than one thing.

Just to clarify, i don’t think she’s only used in a sexual way in the film. The character has many layers and even the sexualised aspects of her serve a purpose within her arch. But there are also moments of playful sexuality with her that Burton and Michelle have fun with, and i don’t think its is a bad thing to use that when creating merchandise of her, it’s still part of the character.
To criticise Jazzinc for being gross with the tongue sculpt is unfair when they have also created many other sculpts that capture the essence of the characters personality. Whether people like it or not, the tongue out sculpt captures her too.

I'm sure you can ... err .. .figure it out LOL.

I've had the conversation about this character already -- she's obviously inherently sexualized but remains somewhat nuanced. The tongue sculpt is from a scene that's more grotesque than anything else.

As a heteronormative male, do I find the character sexy? Of course I do. I know plenty of straight women that do, too, for that matter. But that doesn't mean I'm getting all hot and bothered by a doll. There's nothing inherently wrong with sexualized characters, it's part of life.

Context and narrative shading are important, and Selina as portrayed in the film is complicated (for a comic book character) and multi-dimensional. It's not as if Batman isn't sexualized in his sleek, black rubber get-up with the hyper-masculine traits built into it, as well -- but we don't hear much about that for some reason, because Catwoman is the low-hanging fruit with her vamping about.

The tongue sculpt turned out way better than I thought it would, but I stand by it being more 'carnival freak' than 'sexy times'. At any rate, I would cut it if I had to choose, but truth is I want them all, it's such strong work across the board, as shown.

Totally agree. Selina Kyle began as a mousy, overlooked secretary—single, in her 30s, and living with her cats, without any real prospects for advancement. Her near-death experience became a turning point, an event that redefined her identity and unleashed her inner power. She embraced the duality of her new persona: a mix of feline instincts and unapologetic femininity.

The act of licking plays into both aspects of this transformation. On one hand, it's a nod to her cat-like behavior, instinctually cleaning herself in a way that reflects her alignment with her new 'cat' persona. But it’s not just about mimicry. When she uses her tongue, especially in that iconic moment with Batman, it's a display of sexual empowerment—a bold, provocative action that goes beyond a simple kiss. It’s a way for her to reclaim her identity as a more confident, sexually assertive woman.

A head sculpt of her with her tongue out works because it captures this layered complexity. Whether you pose the figure to highlight the 'cleaning' aspect or the playful, seductive side, it allows fans to explore both dimensions of Catwoman’s character—her feline instincts and her empowered sexuality. The gesture serves as a reminder that her transformation wasn’t just about adopting cat-like traits; it was about embracing her full range of power, sensuality, and independence.

Nobody's pointed to the fact that, if the neutral sculpt gets cut, that would leave the "meow" sculpt as the only clean sculpt in the pack. The others have the brow stitch undone, which technically won't match as accurately to the clean body, because at that point in the film, there's a little damage done to the suit as well.

Scrap all 4 sculpts. Repackage them into one clean sculpt with all 4 expressions, and rolling eyes.

If that's off the table, then try keeping all 4 if preorder sales are good. Give the tongue out sculpt the eyes looking to the side, and adjust the neutral sculpt and paint work to make it look a little more intense.
we are still looking into this as a possibility

Totally agree. Selina Kyle began as a mousy, overlooked secretary—single, in her 30s, and living with her cats, without any real prospects for advancement. Her near-death experience became a turning point, an event that redefined her identity and unleashed her inner power. She embraced the duality of her new persona: a mix of feline instincts and unapologetic femininity.

The act of licking plays into both aspects of this transformation. On one hand, it's a nod to her cat-like behavior, instinctually cleaning herself in a way that reflects her alignment with her new 'cat' persona. But it’s not just about mimicry. When she uses her tongue, especially in that iconic moment with Batman, it's a display of sexual empowerment—a bold, provocative action that goes beyond a simple kiss. It’s a way for her to reclaim her identity as a more confident, sexually assertive woman.

A head sculpt of her with her tongue out works because it captures this layered complexity. Whether you pose the figure to highlight the 'cleaning' aspect or the playful, seductive side, it allows fans to explore both dimensions of Catwoman’s character—her feline instincts and her empowered sexuality. The gesture serves as a reminder that her transformation wasn’t just about adopting cat-like traits; it was about embracing her full range of power, sensuality, and independence.
I like how the base of her costume was this one leather outfit she had in her closet, that she was never confident actually wearing.

She'd only ever fantasized about being that kind of woman.. and much of what comes out in her Catwoman side had been buried and suppressed in her psyche for a long time. It wasn't just a transformation. In part, it was also liberation. The scene of her trashing her house is her breaking down those walls (Timid old Selena). Sort of like a butterfly emerging from its coccoon.

I love the contrast between these two scenes:

Last edited:
I saw this posted by Michelle Pfeiffer on her instagram, it's her original script for the movie. What I found interesting is that in the description of the apartment 'Hello There' was originally written 'Hello Selina' - I guess part of the creative process was thinknig of this idea while writing the script of her breaking the hello there sign!
1725613167454.png

Indeed. And just so we know what we're talking about I think it's worth posting the scene in question. I have it on file right here.....

Spoiler Spoiler:

-edit- oh ****, not that one, sorry. Hold on....

Indeed. And just so we know what we're talking about I think it's worth posting the scene in question. I have it on file right here.....

Spoiler Spoiler:

-edit- oh ****, not that one, sorry. Hold on....
Haha, damn these societal double standards!
That's clearly just a socially awkward, repressed man- also single in his 30s- trying to explore and express his sexuality- with a (presumed) heavily sedated or dissociative patient he's charged with protecting and treating...

OK, maybe I see your point.

I really want this.

I think it's the only sculpt I'd be willing to pay a grand for, (outside of Ledger) If executed to perfection.

FB_IMG_1725629304135.jpg

If this does happen somewhere down the line, I would hope it will be possible to expose a part of the neck somehow. I wouldn't want a Hot Toys Spider-man situation.

Screenshot_20240822-141741_Chrome-01.jpeg

Back