JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to understand why some of you, whom pretty much can afford or have bought better looking customs, are still obsessing over this? I can understand if it's somebody that will never go or can't afford the custom route is looking forward to this. You can probably just commission somebody to get all the details as perfect as possible because even this won't reach that level and it's already costly.

I'm trying to understand why some of you, whom pretty much can afford or have bought better looking customs, are still obsessing over this? I can understand if it's somebody that will never go or can't afford the custom route is looking forward to this. You can probably just commission somebody to get all the details as perfect as possible because even this won't reach that level and it's already costly.
Even custom artists aren’t getting the details accurately but seem to want to charge us as if they have (Aries). An accurate Ledger Joker was never going to be a one stop shop, some things a custom artist can provide, others are on you in order to get it where it needs to be.

Even custom artists aren’t getting the details accurately but seem to want to charge us as if they have (Aries). An accurate Ledger Joker was never going to be a one stop shop, some things a custom artist can provide, others are on you in order to get it where it needs to be.

I understand that you have to get bits and pieces from different artists but what does this do more accurately or better than the rest of the customized pieces available? It can't be the likeness.

I understand that you have to get bits and pieces from different artists but what does this do more accurately or better than the rest of the customized pieces available? It can't be the likeness.
I like bits and pieces, even though I do not like the InArt Ledger, there are parts from that release that I do genuinely like and am using for my custom. I believe the InArt shirt pattern and color are superior to others out there, this JND coat does things the others haven’t, but still also not completely getting it right. My current custom Joker consists of parts from multiple suits and artists along with all of the things I’ve customized myself. I’m constantly switching one piece with another more accurate piece when parts become available.

IMG_2642.jpeg

i collect joker. i buy customs to build my own and want to own licensed products of ledger in 6th scale even if they're garbage so I can compare them. but I buy this for the gimmicky eyes since it intrigues me

i collect joker. i buy customs to build my own and want to own licensed products of ledger in 6th scale even if they're garbage so I can compare them. but I buy this for the gimmicky eyes since it intrigues me
Yep, just a character thing. We like his portrayal enough to build a master custom, but also grab the licensed releases as they come along. There’s people who love Vader enough to source a custom genuine leather suit, know all of the details, yet still feel like they’d want to own all of the poor attempts from Hot Toys, it’s because of the possibility of having access to more parts that may make your project more accurate as well as fomo on your favorite character. Do all of this knowing it’s just going to piss them off when they see how inaccurate it is in hand. There’s no rhyme or reason.

Makeup looks way too washed out. Guess one of the problems of applying the paint to silicon.
I don't think that's it since at least life size silicone busts can have strong and crisp paint like the Queen Phoenix Joker, maybe it's a scale thing but I think it's more to do with their style

That photo looks great, only nitpick is the hair does seem a little too green. I like what InArt did where they added subtle washes of brown in it. Apart from that, if the production figure looks like that, I'm quite satisfied.

Looks great there. Probably the best the sculpt has ever looked.

Still don't quite get what we're looking at though. Is that a randomly photoshopped phone camera shot of the prototype placed onto another photo? A cry for help from a worker at their production factory? These random "leak" like photos we get from JND are so bizarre.

Last edited:
I agree, so far I’m very pleased with my Type A order. Excited to have it in hands next year.

I’m not sure what we are looking at either, I found it on Instagram. I’m guessing these are production pieces and the photos are taken by workers.

The full picture lol
IMG_5743.jpeg

I agree, so far I’m very pleased with my Type A order. Excited to have it in hands next year.

I’m not sure what we are looking at either, I found it on Instagram. I’m guessing these are production pieces and the photos are taken by workers.

The full picture lol
View attachment 713734
this picture is making me think that maybe its the hair that I have a problem with on this sculpt. This is the best it has looked to me.

Back