JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this picture is making me think that maybe its the hair that I have a problem with on this sculpt. This is the best it has looked to me.
I could be the case. Or, it could be like many JND products that look better when photographed by regular ppl vs JND's own photography. A good handful of JND products tend to look better in reviews and collector photos than they do by JND from what I've seen.
Is this figure already sold out?
It is on their official website. You'd have to try to find it elsewhere.

Spec Fiction still have them for PO:
Type A:
https://www.specfictionshop.com/pro...gure-kojun-works?_pos=21&_sid=8854a2ef4&_ss=r

Type B:
https://www.specfictionshop.com/pro...gure-kojun-works?_pos=19&_sid=8854a2ef4&_ss=r

Thanks for the heads up, it's crazy to think tbf Inart Arthur fleck 4 pack is still cheaper than option B JND.

I suppose it really comes down to what a collector wants. I've been tempted but £823 + shipping for the single version is crazy.

Thanks for the heads up, it's crazy to think tbf Inart Arthur fleck 4 pack is still cheaper than option B JND.

I suppose it really comes down to what a collector wants. I've been tempted but £823 + shipping for the single version is crazy.
Now thinking about it, that does sound pretty crazy.

I agree, so far I’m very pleased with my Type A order. Excited to have it in hands next year.

I’m not sure what we are looking at either, I found it on Instagram. I’m guessing these are production pieces and the photos are taken by workers.

The full picture lol
View attachment 713734
At first I didn’t believe them to be production pieces because the paint being used is the same paint custom artists use, myself included. Then I remembered JNDs promise is the surpass the prototype in production, and all of their other work isn’t done in random factories like other companies, but in house due to the silicone, eyes, teeth. We’re in good hands.

Quick how people are changing their tune about this.

Still not as crazy as Aries new price for their 2.0 clothing set though :lol
Indeed. :ROFLMAO: Her logic makes no sense. Just because someone sold their work for a lot of money doesn’t mean you can when the quality is not even there.

She’s so full of herself and her “amazing” suit.

At first I didn’t believe them to be production pieces because the paint being used is the same paint custom artists use, myself included. Then I remembered JNDs promise is the surpass the prototype in production, and all of their other work isn’t done in random factories like other companies, but in house due to the silicone, eyes, teeth. We’re in good hands.

Quick how people are changing their tune about this.
Most of their statues were very close or better than the prototypes.

And it’s definitely interesting that people now suddenly think this looks good, but when this came out there was a lot of backlash.
I guess people finally woke up and realized InArt’s Joker was a joke. JND’s sculpt is by far superior.

And it’s definitely interesting that people now suddenly think this looks good, but when this came out there was a lot of backlash.
I guess people finally woke up and realized InArt’s Joker was a joke. JND’s sculpt is by far superior.
Seriously if this is what we’re getting, no other company will ever give us a Ledger this good. Take a look at the Artisan sculpt now.

It looks good yeah but doesn't mean people woke up and started kissing JND's feet though. 😂

Just remember for a figure with a subpar sculpt and 1 good sculpt you could get 2 dioramas, 4 figures 3 of which are rooted. 🤔
Kinda feel that JND should of added more for the price... No denying it's a cool piece though.

I think it really boils down to how much you love the character and how much your willing to spend right?

1000040172.png
1000040174.png

The initial photos made this look not great imo. Kinda how I feel about most of JND's stuff. That second head is still bad. Regardless of how this ends up looking at release I'm still not interested in the silicone gimmick at this scale with the price it commands. The other upcoming 1/6 JND stuff that is more traditional materials at this scale is more my speed.

The initial photos made this look not great imo. Kinda how I feel about most of JND's stuff. That second head is still bad. Regardless of how this ends up looking at release I'm still not interested in the silicone gimmick at this scale with the price it commands. The other upcoming 1/6 JND stuff that is more traditional materials at this scale is more my speed.
Agreed. Honestly that factory "leak" photo is the best the sculpt has ever looked. The announcement photos and the photos we saw of it at their studio made it look rather awkward. Overly textured skin, to a fault, where it looks too dry and chalky. That phone photo helps blur these super sharp details, allowing the likeness to come through, which looks great.

487244-CU-12-14-23-2-.jpg
ox5xkBd.png

This comparison basically guarantees this is indeed a production piece which is insane. I don’t see the point of us getting pics of a completely different unhaired prototype this late in, and collectors have said they’ve delivered product earlier than scheduled. I mean how else do you create this articulated skeleton with paint apps that mimic custom work? No factory is doing that and they’re not based in HK.

Last edited:
Seriously if this is what we’re getting, no other company will ever give us a Ledger this good. Take a look at the Artisan sculpt now.
Yup. Hot Toys completely f*cked everyone that pre ordered the normal Artisan Joker.

Oh yes I agree, the other sculpt isn’t great. They should’ve used better reference for that.
I mostly bought this Joker because it’s my favorite character and I wanna see what this looks like in hand. The eye system is really cool, it will make posing a lot easier.
However I don’t plan to buy more figures from JND unless the character is right.

Back