JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That type B sculpt is trash tbh it looks like he's going for a 💩 while standing.

The 1st sculpt is a winner though just personal opinion. Just wish they'd gone with a different expression even a laughing head would of been cool.

Oh man. Looking better than the proto. Hope it ends up that way. I preordered version A. That laughing sculpt did not look good for me, but hoping I don't regret not getting it. A mob scene smile would have been great.

Yup. Hot Toys completely f*cked everyone that pre ordered the normal Artisan Joker.
How so? Genuinely curious what you mean. Are you saying this b/c it's not a special one time use sculpt anymore with the reveal of the convention exclusive?

Oh, Hot Toys is not done with reuse on this head. Look for another Joker with the same head by Christmas.
For sure. I don't think anyone is disputing that, especially with the reveal of the TDK Imposter version con exclusive. I was more curious as to the how HT screwed everyone who ordered the original DX33 Artisan 🤔

People aren't changing their tune about the figure. It's the tune of the figure that's changed with these recent pictures.

Let's wait and see.
I said from the beginning that JNDs goal was to aim higher than their own prototype and got laughed out of the room, now that they seem to actually be keeping that promise there’s been a change in tune.

I think those people really wanted an exclusive headsculpt for that one version of Joker. I get that.

No one likes reuse.
Well a one time use by Hot Toys is different than watering it down with every Ledger they decide to give us. Imagine being on that run, paying $300 for the sculpt then another $750 for paint + hair, then being practically permanently stuck with it because there’ll be a cheap $400 version of it everyone can get instead.
And how will it work if people get their HT sculpt redone and decide to sell it, could they theoretically get the same out of it as the original?

This updated photo makes me want to see the tooth sculpt more, as it’ll probably look a bit better than previously.

I think those people really wanted an exclusive headsculpt for that one version of Joker. I get that.

No one likes reuse.
True, no one likes reuse, but it's HT - it's going to happen a lot of the time with their products. There's no guarantee with HT that a given sculpt won't get reused. Hair and paint apps may change but the base sculpt will probably remain the same. If anyone thought it wouldn't get reused and disappointed that it did, I feel that's more on them. Just like many are expecting the newer Anakin sculpt to get reused for a DarkSide version down the line. I'm pretty sure when/if they finally do a real 2.0 to any of the modern Cap figures, the same headsculpt (at least helmeted headsculpt) will get reused across all of them. Heck, even Hono's Brown suit Wolverine got a reused headsculpt already.
I said from the beginning that JNDs goal was to aim higher than their own prototype and got laughed out of the room, now that they seem to actually be keeping that promise there’s been a change in tune.
Yup, I've been saying the same as well but no one likes to hear it. I get it though-it's not a smart business practice to say "hold on-this is just the prototype, the final product will be better" and expecting your customers to order on blind faith that they'll actually come through. The prices being what they are definitely make it difficult to just believe that they really can't take good photos of their own products. But, I've seen enough in-hand pics of their pieces along with my own experience with one of their statues to see that JND's own photos really don't do their products justice. With the big productions they put on with each reveal, you'd think they'd be able to hire someone who knows how to photograph their stuff better.

Last edited:
It’s nice to have some renewed enthusiasm and confidence in this figure.
I’m taking the gamble with set A almost entirely to experience the gimmicks of silicone and magnetic glass eyes, and to just see a JND piece in person.

I haven’t been pouring over the solicitation photos or eagerly planning my display, but now I’m quite keen to see more of this and looking forward to the release- not the paying part but getting the figure should be an experience.

Their prices are still wildly high so, from now on, I will only opt for JND if it’s a character I truly adore and where there’s little likelihood InArt will make them- maybe an Indy or Terminator.
HT have all but dropped out of the realm of things I GAF about.

I just hope I don't feel compelled to buy the Artisan OR the JND.
Wish I could say the same but they’ve got me for both. You’d think I’d cancel the Artisan and just stick it out with JND Type B, although I could sell the Artisan if I really don’t like it to help pay off some of the JND.

Well a one time use by Hot Toys is different than watering it down with every Ledger they decide to give us. Imagine being on that run, paying $300 for the sculpt then another $750 for paint + hair, then being practically permanently stuck with it because there’ll be a cheap $400 version of it everyone can get instead.
And how will it work if people get their HT sculpt redone and decide to sell it, could they theoretically get the same out of it as the original?

This updated photo makes me want to see the tooth sculpt more, as it’ll probably look a bit better than previously.
But, isn't the fault not really with HT, but with the artist who let HT buy their sculpt? Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understood the chain of events was that it a "limited" custom made sculpt; but HT ends up buying it from said artists to use with the DX32/33 Artisan figure? Couldn't the artist who created the sculpt just said no instead of looking at the dollar signs? If that's the case, no one should be mad at HT for that, but more at the original artist IMO.

Or, did HT recast and modify the sculpt without the original artist being aware?

IMO, it's no different than when ppl paid X amount for the Kato TDK Joker clothing run that eventually became the prototype to the DX11 clothes. Sure, they didn't come out to Kato standards, but Kato made big money off that. Once, from the customers who commissioned the run and then again from HT for buying the prototype.

I’m taking the gamble with set A almost entirely to experience the gimmicks of silicone and magnetic glass eyes, and to just see a JND piece in person.
Wish I could say the same but they’ve got me for both. You’d think I’d cancel the Artisan and just stick it out with JND Type B, although I could sell the Artisan if I really don’t like it to help pay off some of the JND.

If I felt for the Joker as I do Indiana Jones (Raiders only), I would totally have a PO on both Artisan and JND. I love Ledger's Joker but I gambled on the InArt double-pack and I'm sticking with it (for now).

Yes, I'll likely replace the heads at some point... already tempted by that "sleepy" head.

Back