Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bingo, the old poor friend with rich private school buddies. Embarrassed by what they might think, might say, might do.

Phillips isn’t stupid, he knows he’s known for this and Hangover. Therefore he doesn’t have leverage over the room, regardless of the first films success.
im trying to put myself in the shoes of someone like Phillips or Alan Moore and creating these despicable nasty characters and thinking people would despise them, only to have people adore them

that happens with characters like Freddy Kruger too,
or with Jason Voorhees
the creator of Friday the 13th DESPISES Jason Voorhees because he thinks he's stupid.
he hated Jason so much, they made JASON GOES TO hELL THE FINAL FRIDAY
another case of the creator needing to destroy his creation.

Could you imagine the headlines if a Joker movie treated Harley like the Animated Series? Of course not because it wouldn’t happen. Gaga calls the shots in Folie à Deux.

Yes that was my point regarding rich private school friends, he’ll never be on an eye to eye level with these people. It’s a miracle they let him have the first one, which was only due to the DCEU wrapping up and they needed something in the limelight to tide them over while they get their eggs in order.
I saw clips of it, and that's the same feeling I got. She was calling the shots. Joker was her sidekick. He danced for her amusement, not the other way around.

And Hannibal Lecter. Why do people love him? He's a frickin' cannibal!

People have been glorifying 'monsters' forever. They make Dracula sexy. We want to be Pirates... literally kids dress up like cutthroats and gangsters.

This is NOT new. But there is a group that shall not be named that thinks it can do away with it all in a generation. :nono

Yeah he even came out admitting they deliberately ripped off Halloween 1978
with their POV killer in 1980.

Still had the gall to fight over the rights in court, these people never cared about any “fan”.

I saw clips of it, and that's the same feeling I got. She was calling the shots. Joker was her sidekick. He danced for her amusement, not the other way around.
There’s a scene where he actually begs her to be with him.

The Power of the P...?

No. Simply the true impotence of the male psyche (in the current regime's view)

Dad = bad

Mommy = good

Two Dads = even better
It’s crazy. I have no issues with someone being gay, but at this rate half of these people can’t actually be gay? It’s a trend, sometimes I feel like people just want to be as complex as possible.

Back in the day, gay characters were used to add a bit of difference to the cast and how they’d interact on screen.

Now, they plop them in to sell tickets.

And Hannibal Lecter. Why do people love him? He's a frickin' cannibal!

People have been glorifying 'monsters' forever. They make Dracula sexy. We want to be Pirates... literally kids dress up like cutthroats and gangsters.

This is NOT new. But there is a group that shall not be named that thinks it can do away with it all in a generation. :nono
the problem with this joker is that it became a poor vs rich, right vs left thing.
it kind of became this political thing from the looks of it. it's too close to reality and it probably frightened people in Hollywood

There’s a scene where he actually begs her to be with him.
The Power of the P...?

No. Simply the true impotence of the male psyche (in the current regime's view)
1728174112914.png

One of my favorites. Todd should have taken inspiration from this….

Imagine the film opening with Jonny Frost as the main the protagonist, conspiring with Joker fanatics to break him out of Arkham/The courtroom, driving him around Gotham… seeing the city’s underbellly and meeting a benzo’d out Gaga Quinn….

Um no idea what's going on in this thread now, but yeah I decided to pass on this. As even the few people who enjoyed the movie (like Batman Statue Collector) say it's a very dreary and mentally exhausting movie to watch.... and I'm just not in the mood for that tonight. Lol

Plus it's sounding more and more like it may ruin the character so much you'll never want to watch the original again, and I don't want to take that chance.

Um no idea what's going on in this thread now, but yeah I decided to pass on this. As even the few people who enjoyed the movie (like Batman Statue Collector) say it's a very dreary and mentally exhausting movie to watch.... and I'm just not in the mood for that tonight. Lol

Plus it's sounding more and more like it may ruin the character so much you'll never want to watch the original again, and I don't want to take that chance.

Hollywood is like McDonalds, you want the nuggets, but when you get the nuggets they weren’t as good as the first time you tried them many years ago. Maybe a new recipe, or they are kind of cold, maybe the sauce you dip them in is no longer available.

You spot the Big Mac, and have never tried it, maybe you should try it, but then you wouldn’t have room for those nuggets… maybe it will be as good as the first time your had them, finally…. and you choose the nuggets AGAIN over a Big Mac, then you, as a customer, complain that no one wants to Make Big Macs because no one buys them even though you always go for the nuggets too. How dare people buy nuggets when there’s a Big Mac available??? How come these people never give the Big Mac a chance, and why did they stop making them??

But in reality you just want the nuggets, but the same taste and flavor as that first batch.

Also, the film won’t ruin the origin as it never was the origin in the first place, according to the ending.

It’s not going to ruin the origin, or the first film, it didn’t for me.

Back