Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s a scene where he actually begs her to be with him.

The Power of the P...?

No. Simply the true impotence of the male psyche (in the current regime's view)

Dad = bad

Mommy = good

Two Dads = even better
I loved that show My Two Dads. Used to see re-runs.

Now a days, My Two Dads is gonna be something COMPLETELY different.

Plus it's sounding more and more like it may ruin the character so much you'll never want to watch the original again, and I don't want to take that chance.
That’s how I feel and I don’t really see that changing, can’t undo what’s been done, as finite as can be.

Had he been able to use that time wisely and develop the other half of the character’s personality, we could be looking at a completely different ball game. Phoenix is no slouch, but alas, wasn’t meant to be.

Hollywood is like McDonalds, you want the nuggets, but when you get the nuggets they weren’t as good as the first time you tried them many years ago. Maybe a new recipe, or they are kind of cold, maybe the sauce you dip them in is no longer available.

You spot the Big Mac, and have never tried it, maybe you should try it, but then you wouldn’t have room for those nuggets… maybe it will be as good as the first time your had them, finally…. and you choose the nuggets AGAIN over a Big Mac, then you, as a customer, complain that no one wants to Make Big Macs because no one buys them even though you always go for the nuggets too. How dare people buy nuggets when there’s a Big Mac available??? How come these people never give the Big Mac a chance, and why did they stop making them??

But in reality you just want the nuggets, but the same taste and flavor as that first batch.

Also, the film won’t ruin the origin as it never was the origin in the first place, according to the ending.

It’s not going to ruin the origin, or the first film, it didn’t for me.
Ce6Ryh9.jpeg

It really makes me want to cancel the Joker figure I ordered from Hot toys.

What they did was so awful, it ruined the original.

When Hollywood has to cherry pick actors based on their race, sexuality, gender, religion, political beliefs, in order to market a movie to their desired audience, or more accurately, market an idea to the youth, via cool young actors that seem harmless,
we know the time of film has passed,
bring on tel-a-vision.

I canceled mine, try to get your NRD back if you do. This is one instance I advocate asking for it back with your foot down.

The character in this film is not what we ordered, the guy was raped and shanked to death, who would’ve thought that back when we ordered this. I’m not saying they have to do anything, but don’t let them cancel your order until you get an ambassador that will return your NRD, they exist.

Last edited:
Working in the school system and being a man, I see why and how males attatch themselves.

The typically analyze a character and decide if they are good or bad. It's never the movie/book telling them who is good or bad.
It's what are this characters actions, why is he the way he is. What hardship did he go through that kind of makes males gravitate towards fiction/non-fictional characters.

People smarter than me talk about differences between men/female writers.
Men can imagine what a character would do by analyzing them, while females tend to change the characters into themselves/their traits.

Men liking the Joker was only natural after seeing how he was treated, what he lost and how he overcame his hardships, good or bad.
yup. Kinda like Berserk. i think when it comes to men they struggle through the hardships and being seen as strong. So they attach themselves to like a strong character that has been through hell and is treated wrong but still pushes through.

I think Men and woman gravitate to Joker and Halrey because of the inner Shadow theory in which people just have a dark side in them they are afraid to explore and that once someone gives into there darker self people find it interesting cause they are breaking from "Societal norms" and are free.
Joker 2019 was literally about just being free and he felt bogged down by the world around him and he couldn't be at his full poteintail becuase of how he was so he let his inner dark side free and gave into his dark persona becuase he didn;t want to play by the rules anymore.

There is nothing wrong with liking a character like that. It's a villain. You know it's a fantasy. you know it's not real life. Again. A GOOD majority of people know the joker is a bad person and would never want someone like him in real life but we love the who "free yourself and become the best version of you" thing they were going for.

It shouldn;t always be viewed as negative.
But of course this idiot literally thought people were out liking the joker when people just genuiely just did what all nerds do when they like a character. Dress up and have profile pics of him, but toys and stuff. OOOOO scary.

im trying to put myself in the shoes of someone like Phillips or Alan Moore and creating these despicable nasty characters and thinking people would despise them, only to have people adore them

that happens with characters like Freddy Kruger too,
or with Jason Voorhees
the creator of Friday the 13th DESPISES Jason Voorhees because he thinks he's stupid.
he hated Jason so much, they made JASON GOES TO hELL THE FINAL FRIDAY
another case of the creator needing to destroy his creation.
it's weird right? Like if I made a character and I made him to be hated and people like him. I would be baffled and put off but I wouldn't just out right destroy the character. How on earth does that help you?

Now if I made a Nazi/pedo/racist/rapist and lots of people gravitated towards that I would probably just drop the project. But I don't see anything wrong about making a character that's just a bad dude who kinda kills people in a fictional setting. You pretty much make him to be destroyed or beaten by the good guys.

Like if I made a character and I made him to be hated and people like him. I would be baffled and put off but I wouldn't just out right destroy the character. How on earth does that help you?
Ask Carpenter that question.

He has no idea why Michael stuck, he just did. Now he cannot escape the creation he made when to him, he was just hired for work fresh out of college, broke.

To an extent, I get where the guy is coming from.
He’s old as dirt and has to put up with fresh faced 16 year olds constantly asking him about the character, every time they make a new film, that’s a fresh pair of eyes ready to annoy him to his core.

Now there’s some sort of tv show in development, because people can’t get enough, so they’d rather get something mediocre than nothing at all. Even though that mediocre something is tearing down the character they seem to care a great deal about.

Sorry for shifting the thread to Halloween, there’s just a lot of similarities between the two in regards to how a main character was handled.

Last edited:
yup. Kinda like Berserk. i think when it comes to men they struggle through the hardships and being seen as strong. So they attach themselves to like a strong character that has been through hell and is treated wrong but still pushes through.

I think Men and woman gravitate to Joker and Halrey because of the inner Shadow theory in which people just have a dark side in them they are afraid to explore and that once someone gives into there darker self people find it interesting cause they are breaking from "Societal norms" and are free.
Joker 2019 was literally about just being free and he felt bogged down by the world around him and he couldn't be at his full poteintail becuase of how he was so he let his inner dark side free and gave into his dark persona becuase he didn;t want to play by the rules anymore.

There is nothing wrong with liking a character like that. It's a villain. You know it's a fantasy. you know it's not real life. Again. A GOOD majority of people know the joker is a bad person and would never want someone like him in real life but we love the who "free yourself and become the best version of you" thing they were going for.

It shouldn;t always be viewed as negative.
But of course this idiot literally thought people were out liking the joker when people just genuiely just did what all nerds do when they like a character. Dress up and have profile pics of him, but toys and stuff. OOOOO scary.
Just because you like a character, agree with his motivations, see his struggles, root for him, doesn't mean you are that person.

So many of these people in power are there to destroy your soul. Joker can be about a man who rises out of his struggles, to become king of the city or could be simply a crazy man.

To many men found hope in the Joker so those in charge of us didn't like that men liked him.

Imagine society telling you as a man you are worthless....it's good to see someone even like the Joker, as terrible as he is, finds a way to overcome all his struggles.

Joker in a way the movie 2019, sort of inspirational as a man.

It's hard for a woman, those are the MSM journalists, to understand how hard it is to be a man. He must earn it all.

Someone like Harley doesn't really earn. Like most women they are given things(Dates, wedding rings, scholarships, money, ect...) Perhaps both the Joker and Harley simply represents both male and female stories, except they chose the path of villainy.

If Star Wars was released today, no one would be allowed to like Darth Vader.

Ask Carpenter that question.

He has no idea why Michael stuck, he just did. Now he cannot escape the creation he made when to him, he was just hired for work fresh out of college, broke.

To an extent, I get where the guy is coming from.
He’s old as dirt and has to put up with fresh faced 16 year olds constantly asking him about the character, every time they make a new film, that’s a fresh pair of eyes ready to annoy him to his core.

Now there’s some sort of tv show in development, because people can’t get enough, so they’d rather get something mediocre than nothing at all. Even though that mediocre something is tearing down the character they seem to care a great deal about.

Sorry for shifting the thread to Halloween, there’s just a lot of similarities between the two in regards to how a main character was handled.
Idk. as a creator myself. i would love if people loved something I made. good or bad. I guess it could get annoying being asked the same thing each generation.

Maybe once you make something so good and people just won't leave you alone about it then maybe thats why they start to hate it. Like Lucas, carpenter and so many others.

I guess you stick with this thing for so long you want to move on but you can;t cause whatever you do your lead back to that damn thing you made.

But **** Todd Phillips he didn;t make the Joker just used the name and decided to **** on it when he didn;t want to make a second film. And **** WB for letting that happen.

They made Harley a girl with daddy’s money obsessed with the popularity at Joker’s feet,
she wasn’t even into him like the comics, just liked that he had a name, for good or bad.

Carpenter never cared about his creation though, once the film wrapped, his interests began to lie elsewhere.

The crew only had three weeks to shoot, with $300k and no set clothing or vehicles at their disposal other than what they owned personally.

So no one had time to develop a fondness for the character, they just had a deadline to meet. Carpenter asked for his name above the title, because his favorite director did and he wanted to make a name for himself had any of it become a success, not because he believed in it.

Last edited:
Back