Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and you can recreate the famous scene!

zD4Hxdk.jpeg
Joker: Ménage à trois

I have no Artisan Joker money set aside. ;)

I might get T-1000.... I might get T-800 BD.

I don't think I'd get plain old Arnold in biker gear. Just boring, no pizzazz.
The two of them look really good together though. The details of the BD T-800 is definitely an attention grabber.

IMG_4739.jpeg

IMG_4737.jpeg

I think this thread (and the internet as a whole) is reacting a bit. Did you really expect that a 70 year old Joker popping up and fighting a 28 year old batman in this universe? Phillips obviously did the Leo point after last time around and gave everyone the finger. Doesn’t matter if you asked for it or not, he set out to make a point. This is not your grandpa’s “Joker”.

It’s worse, doesn’t fit and is its own thing.

But don’t be surprised it’s not what you hoped.

Everyone was expecting something that wasn’t even there in the first place. If you’re just realizing this then blame yourself…

Heath Ledger’s Joker origin story of course. Did we see the ending?! /s

people are kidding themselves if they really expect batman to show up in this universe. it was never meant to be and will never be. the movie was meant to subvert expectations and I liked it for that reason

the hate is unjust. this movie is meant for people who understood and interpreted the original movie properly, people who interpreted it differently were almost intended to hate this movie. this was never meant to be a piece to sway people to understand arthur as a character, its too late

Everyone was expecting something that wasn’t even there in the first place. If you’re just realizing this then blame yourself…

Heath Ledger’s Joker origin story of course. Did we see the ending?! /s

people are kidding themselves if they really expect batman to show up in this universe. it was never meant to be and will never be. the movie was meant to subvert expectations and I liked it for that reason

the hate is unjust. this movie is meant for people who understood and interpreted the original movie properly, people who interpreted it differently were almost intended to hate this movie. this was never meant to be a piece to sway people to understand arthur as a character, its too late

but you gotta admit. the musical scenes are awful and unnecessary.

We now live in a world where The Joker has been raped.

What's truly shocking is that somehow WB approved it. Just 5 years ago Todd Phillips talked about how it took him a year to convince WB to greenlight the first film due to concerns over merchandise sales, "Does he realize we sell Joker pajamas at Target?", but I guess that billion dollars changed their minds to the point they now gave Phillips too much creative control.

This movie is not layered like the first, this movie is just shallow poop.

Would you like an example?

Harley’s manipulation of Arthur, you know the main plot of the movie.

On paper, oh man that sure sounds like a deep dive character study into human psychosis and behavioral sciences, that is so artistic!

It meant jack ****!

It had zero impact on Arthur’s trajectory.

It didn’t benefit Arthur.

It didn’t benefit Harley.

It didn’t benefit us the audiences.

Just like with the rest of the movie it was pointless.

Arthur ended up right where he started.

Harley ended up right where she started, she walked in empty handed and left empty handed.

But I digest.

I find the theories in this video interesting if they are true. If Todd Phillips didn't really want to make a second Joker,
and that he suffered pressure from the WB, or he doesn't want Arthur to be considered like a hero.
A bit like Lana Wachowski for "Matrix ressurestions" we understand the film better :

Todd Phillips speaks through Arthur : "I don't want to be the joker anymore" = I no longer want to make a joker film, my time is done with DC.

Lady Gaga's character represents a part of the fans or the WB who want a criminal genius Joker: I love you if you are the Joker, Arthur is not interesting "it's ok baby let's give the people what they want".

Back