Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ledger died before the film released, yet the Nolan brothers didn’t panic and change the story before it was viewed.

They didn’t say oh that’s a Joker type because they could no longer use Ledger in Rises. No, they said this is our story and if we’re to have a sequel it won’t feature Joker at all, not even a mention, all out of respect for the actor and character in their story.

You see Phillips never cared about the Joker character, hence why his version is so vastly different in a negative way and suffers from it.

Phillips only cared about making a low flying Taxi Driver esque character study because his films were never artistic enough like his peers and those before him.

So in a way, I suppose it is the fans fault for trusting in his vision. He told us years ago that the film he wanted to make couldn’t get made easily without the IP carrying the weight for him.

Someone who comes to the table with intentions like that, never cared about us or The Joker character. It doesn’t make you mad that he uses us, then goes on to mock us for liking a character far out of Phillips’ depth.

All this praise to him yet the backbone here is Phoenix. If your story is so genius, let’s see it perform without the IP and caliber of actor leading it along. Joker fans made your film a billion dollars, not your quote on quote genius.

The first film couldn’t even stand on its own story and script wise, even in its attempt at camouflaging those copy and paste elements with a larger than life character and actor at the helm.
Don't be sad, I know you will
But don't give up until
True love will find you in the end

DIY Joker?
Joker-2-Trailer-Breakdown-2024-Musical-Drama-Film.jpg

lol I was watching old clips of joker 2019. The movie and the second are night and day. The way he carries himself and how it’s shot is just a million times better. The stair scene conveyed more emotion than any of those stupid musicals lol.

Don't be sad, I know you will
But don't give up until
True love will find you in the end

Where was this song in the movie? I didn't hear it on the bootleg as I skimmed it.

I absolutely love Daniel Johnston. I was lucky enough to see him play in a little dive bar back in 1999 or so. Got his autograph.

Well technically it does matter when a 300 million dollar movie bombs because fans like ironwez didn’t go.
This movie was destined to bomb and be torn apart the moment it was announced. A sequel we didn’t need, and on top of that they announce that it’s a musical.

They set out from the beginning to make something that wasn’t what the fans wanted/expected.

We can complain about it all we want, but according the end of the movie Arthur was never Joker, we can’t change that. :lol

I’d much rather them cut that scene where he admits there never was a Joker, does some Joker thing in the courtroom instead, courtroom bomb blows up, Joker gets up and walks out of the rubble, cut to black.

But we didn’t get that because “There never was a Joker”.

Is this even worth seeing for the lulz, and Brendan Gleeson?:lol

Kinda considering seeing it next weekend, even though all the spoilers I’ve read are terrible.

I needed to watch it to join the conversation and to see what the fuzz was about,
but I wish I never saw it. it's a gross movie to watch. it's boring. and the musicals are extremely annoying. it's too long.
BUT
Joaquin Phoenix does an amazing job. lady gagu does really excellent outside of the singing.
the court scenes are good
I say yeah, if you don't care about the problems yeah.

it's just trying to insult you so much. by the way they treat Arthur. they remove all the good things he had.

lol I was watching old clips of joker 2019. The movie and the second are night and day. The way he carries himself and how it’s shot is just a million times better. The stair scene conveyed more emotion than any of those stupid musicals lol.

I guess that joker shooting a beloved night show host on live tv couldn't go unpunished.

you could not have this character go unpunished.
deniro was innocent. he was an innocent victim
I don't care how rude he was or how old. or how annoying.

deniro didn't deserve that. that scene needed to have consequences and punishment.
Todd Phillips put himself in a corner because he made that scene to shock audiences

but people in today's era weren't shocked.
they were happy.
people cheered or laugh at the deniro scene.

Where was this song in the movie? I didn't hear it on the bootleg as I skimmed it.

I absolutely love Daniel Johnston. I was lucky enough to see him play in a little dive bar back in 1999 or so. Got his autograph.
no it wasn't because they cut like 60% of her scenes

but people in today's era weren't shocked.
they were happy.
people cheered or laugh at the deniro scene.
I don’t know what kind of theater you’re going to, but I profoundly remember gasps/jump scare noises and then a theater quieter than I’ve ever heard.

No one in my two showings laughed or clapped at that scene.

Last edited:
I don’t know what kind of theater you’re going to Jye, but I profoundly remember gasps/jump scare noises and then a theater quieter than I’ve ever heard.

No one in my two showings laughed or clapped at that scene.
I'm talking about all the memes and the YouTube comments and all the stuff that came from it.
"you get what you freaking deserve" became a world wide meme
if something bad happened to a rich person then people would post that meme. they were laughing.

that scene and that phrase became the popular reaction meme for when something happened to the rich elite.

I'm talking about all the memes and the YouTube comments and all the stuff that came from it.
"you get what you freaking deserve" became a world wide meme
if something bad happened to a rich person then people would post that meme. they were laughing.

that scene and that phrase became the popular reaction meme for when something happened to the rich elite.
Yeah, social media took off with it. But in the context of the film it came from people were not clapping and laughing. :lol

After the proper movie, during the closing credits. These are literally the last words of Arthur we hear.

and this movie is a reaction to that. this movie is the punishment for liking those memes.
Maybe? I’d say this movie is punishment for fans of the first film, and sets out to do the whole “don’t worship figures/people who fundamentally shouldn’t be worshipped”. Which is a valid point, just not one you should make as a musical or with a beloved villain.

The film deserves to flop, but I wouldn’t say Todd Phillips made it to backtrack memes. :lol

Maybe? I’d say this movie is punishment for fans of the first film, and sets out to do the whole “don’t worship figures/people who fundamentally shouldn’t be worshipped”. Which is a valid point, just not one you should make as a musical or with a beloved villain.

The film deserves to flop, but I wouldn’t say Todd Phillips made it to backtrack memes. :lol

it's not the first time. a similar problem happened with clockwork orange.
exact same problem.

This movie was destined to bomb and be torn apart the moment it was announced. A sequel we didn’t need, and on top of that they announce that it’s a musical.

They set out from the beginning to make something that wasn’t what the fans wanted/expected.

We can complain about it all we want, but according the end of the movie Arthur was never Joker, we can’t change that. :lol
Did you like the movie zach?

I remember Marvel did that clone saga in the 90s and implied our Spiderman was the fake spiderman all along, and fans hated it and revolted.

This Fake Joker is the same. Gave us that incredible performance in 2019, and then this garbage that unalieved any more Joker movies...and did more hard than good

People will lose their jobs because of this. Selling toys and movie merch should have been the priority.

Would have loved to see a more fun loving Joker like yeah because you now want to sell merch...

Joker could have started becoming zany like the comics or BTAS but nope, they chose the WORST idea and went "that's it, let's go with that."

Nah I do t like the “never was gonna be the real joker “ crap. So we are just wasting our time with one random guy and the real joker copied his entire look and flow and isn’t really original to begin with? That’s joker? A copy cat fraud? He stole an idea from a mentally ill comedian guy?

I was fine with a different take cause the movie made it clear most of the things he witnessed wasn’t real so all the stuff in the movie could be a fake origin like the real joker. I don’t need the joker to
Act like every other joker. Infact every joker in media acts different from the other. So wasting our time following some guy who’s not even the joker for like 4 hrs is silly to me.

Then it wasn’t a damn joker movie. We should have just followed the dude who stabbed Arthur.

That’s just a silly theory made up from dudes who didn’t like the portrayal. I’m sorry but it’s so dumb and the fact that he actually did that is lazy as hell.
I’m ok with ignoring this poorly conceived series completely cause it’s all stupid :lol

Back