Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ledger died before the film released, yet the Nolan brothers didn’t panic and change the story before it was viewed.

They didn’t say oh that’s a Joker type because they could no longer use Ledger in Rises. No, they said this is our story and if we’re to have a sequel it won’t feature Joker at all, not even a mention, all out of respect for the actor and character in their story.

You see Phillips never cared about the Joker character, hence why his version is so vastly different in a negative way and suffers from it.

Phillips only cared about making a low flying Taxi Driver esque character study because his films were never artistic enough like his peers and those before him.

So in a way, I suppose it is the fans fault for trusting in his vision. He told us years ago that the film he wanted to make couldn’t get made easily without the IP carrying the weight for him.

Someone who comes to the table with intentions like that, never cared about us or The Joker character. It doesn’t make you mad that he uses us, then goes on to mock us for liking a character far out of Phillips’ depth.

All this praise to him yet the backbone here is Phoenix. If your story is so genius, let’s see it perform without the IP and caliber of actor leading it along. Joker fans made your film a billion dollars, not your quote on quote genius.

The first film couldn’t even stand on its own story and script wise, even in its attempt at camouflaging those copy and paste elements with a larger than life character and actor at the helm.
Don't be sad, I know you will
But don't give up until
True love will find you in the end

DIY Joker?
Joker-2-Trailer-Breakdown-2024-Musical-Drama-Film.jpg

lol I was watching old clips of joker 2019. The movie and the second are night and day. The way he carries himself and how it’s shot is just a million times better. The stair scene conveyed more emotion than any of those stupid musicals lol.

Back