Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE JOKER

View attachment 731568

Sad Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

Not sure what that watermark, "bunda" means. Probably , "b****" in some other language.

bunda is Portuguese word that translates to "behind ", "butt", or "backside" in English.

Arthur waking up the next morning looking for a cigarette.

View attachment 731573

morgan freeman GIF

My go-to example of this effect is Wonder Woman '84
That movie was so terrible it retroactively murdered my enjoyment of the second one.
Which is precisely why I never go into sequels for movies I genuinely enjoyed anymore without waiting a good long time to see what the reception is.
And if the buzz is bad enough I then have to spoil the movie for myself by checking the plot to see if its as bad as I fear.
It kind of says a lot about modern Hollywood that I feel the need to protect myself from their output this way :ROFLMAO:
So I've not seen this movie and I will NEVER see this movie.

I'm just glad I watch them on my little laptop and I don't have a huge memory of them lol

I saw matrix4 on my laptop and never went to theater. thank God

these bad movies gave me a phobia of movie theater visits.

that's why I always also check reviews first if I ever go to a theater. never again. they will never betray me again.

I have not seen this movie. First one was alright.

From what I am reading in this thread and other reviews, this is the cinematic equivalent of inviting the city to a parade, promising a bunch of free money, and gassing the audience to death?

Making and releasing this movie is the most "Joker" thing you can do, short of actually harming the audience.

But joke's on the filmmakers, since no one showed up to the parade.

10/10, 5 stars, no notes.

yes

this is literally the joker trolling the audience.

Lady Gaga Dc GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Last edited:
Well lads, I've bought some extra rags, got a whisky, and gonna help this film get to 37.8 million and 10 quid by watching it again right now.

I hope this double dip makes more cents than my first watch.

Well, I'll get to the rest of them eventually also, it's a lot of people, Nick, cut me some slack!
Haha definitely, after all everyone is just having a bit of a laugh, albeit a much needed one after what we saw, how else to accept the unchangeable.

I’ll forever clown Phillips for his disrespect towards a dead man who has a daughter
that can view these things though.

If the director you’re trying to copy says no, respect that. Don’t go behind their back and do it anyway after they’ve left the studio, that makes Phillips the biggest clown of all.

I genuinely doubt it was something as little as just not wanting his character being mimicked, Nolan clearly cares about Ledger.

maybe this movie will teach some men to protect women. look at how angry everyone is at the treatment of joker,

look at how angry everyone is at the treatment of joker,
Oh I don’t care about
the treatment of Arthur Fleck, never did.

I don’t want to sit and watch his miserable life for four and a half hours either, does that say something about me? No, it’s a film.

However, the emotions that film throws onto people are very real, emotions I don’t want constantly on repeat just to get through your questionable film.

I care about the name Joker, the IP he’s tarnished. That’s what I’m upset about.

Now Phillips is saying it wasn’t about responding to toxic fans

Ok then wtf were you doing then dude? Seriously did you just say want to make a crap movie? Because if this is your attempt at making a good film and a good continuation then you are probably the worst director ever

maybe this movie will teach some men to protect women. look at how angry everyone is at the treatment of joker,
I’m not angry lol. I just don’t like when studios or directors take beloved characters and crap on them because they have something to say or don’t like the character they are adapting.

Lots of people like villains like the joker and respect women. Liking a fictional villain doesn’t make you a bad person. Hell if that were the case then all horror fans would be absolutely crazy and go around in mask stalking people lol

I’m not angry lol. I just don’t like when studios or directors take beloved characters and crap on them because they have something to say or don’t like the character they are adapting.

Lots of people like villains like the joker and respect women. Liking a fictional villain doesn’t make you a bad person. Hell if that were the case then all horror fans would be absolutely crazy and go around in mask stalking people lol

is not about being a bad person. it's apathy. a lot of people don't care about stuff

It’s going to be a good long time before
we ever see Joker featured in a film title,
or have his own movie again.

Hell Reeves is probably rewriting
his script now, axing Joker from the plot.
The Joker character is now publicly tied to
box office poison. Not a soul remembers Leto now!

My go-to example of this effect is Wonder Woman '84

Oh yes, that's right, that's a perfect example. WW84 was horrendous. Unwatchable. So bad, no one even remembers to add it to "worst sequels" list anymore. Also, made by the "brilliant director who brought you the first one"...

Maybe Joker will end the same in a couple years.

Wow I totally forgot about WW84 as well. Took me 2-3 sittings to finish it on HBO Max. Just brutal. And then there was the fun Aquaman and the supposedly horrendous sequel (that I still haven't seen and don't plan to anytime soon) by the original director as well. What is it with DC and directors destroying their legacies with the very first sequel to well received films?

It’s going to be a good long time before
we ever see Joker featured in a film title,
or have his own movie again.

Hell Reeves is probably rewriting
his script now, axing Joker from the plot.
The Joker character is now publicly tied to
box office poison. Not a soul remembers Leto now!
I'd be completely fine with Joker being ignored for at least 10 years in all forms of media. There's not a lot left to work with anymore.

Making a sequel to a billion-dollar movie, whether it’s “Aquaman” or “Joker,” is considered a smart bet. But with its outsize budget, which included $20 million upfront for Phoenix, $20 million for Phillips and $12 million for Gaga, the film needed to make at least $450 million theatrically to break even.

Insiders say the duo’s glaring absence for a film that is based on one of the biggest draws in the DC canon underscores a dysfunctional dynamic that played out behind the scenes on the ill-fated Warner Bros. musical. Todd Phillips “wanted nothing to do with DC” during the making of the film, says one agent familiar with the director’s unique carve-out, which allowed him to bypass any oversight from the brand’s gatekeepers. Although Gunn has publicly supported the film on social media, Phillips has distanced himself from DC. As the animated title-card sequence unspooled inside the iconic Hollywood cinema in the opening minutes, it became apparent that Phillips had just given DC the middle finger. There was no DC Studios logo.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/...mbs-what-went-wrong-todd-phillips-1236170946/

Yeah I'm not buying any of that nonsense from that article. Absolutely none of it. It was clearly written as a deflection for the studios.

I don't pretend to know the truth because I obviously don't. But I know BS when I see it. The article is so blatenly obvious in what it's attempting to do that it's almost insulting.

Back