InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, make the pinhead even smaller. Does no one else notice this?!?

View attachment 731298
View attachment 731299

Yeah - now you've pointed it out I can see it.
Also - now I can see a bigger version of the photo with the council robes.... those are not even remotely accurate.
Wrong material, wrong colour, wrong shape, wrong cut, no detailing, no clasp - disgraceful effort on the robe by Inart.

Yeah - now you've pointed it out I can see it.
Also - now I can see a bigger version of the photo with the council robes.... those are not even remotely accurate.
Wrong material, wrong colour, wrong shape, wrong cut, no detailing, no clasp - disgraceful effort on the robe by Inart.
The audacity of including that woeful cloak at the expense of the Mirkwood gear.

IMG_6543.jpeg

Reading about more QC problems with some of the Harry Potter figures, I think I need to resign myself to passing on this. I keep trying to convince myself to order this, but I just can't do it. I don't understand how InArt's quality control is still so bad on figures so expensive.

I'm betting that like a lot of companies that get hot quickly ... they're having a LOT of growing pains right now. The real test will be to see how they adjust to the tidal wave of popularity they're experiencing right now. Will they manage to stand up on the surfboard and ride it, or will they get overwhelmed and flounder.

Only time is going to tell.

It's Art and Commerce. And I'm hoping they can do both. Being able to make great figures is one thing, but running a business is something else. I wish them all the luck!

The velvet cloak is a joke at this level -- the clear lack of research is something a 3rd party does to fill out the extras but they only charge $200

I really want InArt's Legolas... but I'm having trouble committing to a purchase because of the "what you get for the price". This is a huge drop off in quality along with a huge increase in price... on an already expensive 1/6th line.

If they come out and inform us that they plan to correct the errors and make things better, then I'd take one more risk with them. But the fact that they've said nothing concerns me. Not sure I want to support that behavior and uncertainty.

I wouldn't be worried yet. They fixed things on Aragorn and some of the others, minus Pennywise and Superman. I'm sure they'll add the Murkwood bow (hopefully not an exclusive for their direct website) and fix the cloak. Idk if they'll add an aditional accessorie later.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be worried yet. They fixed things on Aragorn and some of the others, minus Pennywise and Superman. I'm sure they'll add the Murkwood bow (hopefully not an exclusive for their direct website) and fix the cloak. Idk if they'll add an aditional accessorie later.
I wouldn’t count on that. They only showed a prototype of Legolas just days before he went up for preorder. I have a feeling they knew people would complain about the cloak and the missing bow. He looks fantastic, but $550 bucks for a figure that comes with two knifes and a bow is ridiculous.

They were given a ton of reference to improve Superman’s suit, but they didn’t use any of it. I think the days of InArt endlessly optimizing their releases are over. This community will nitpick on the smallest things, so I honestly can’t blame them.

I wouldn’t count on that. They only showed a prototype of Legolas just days before he went up for preorder. I have a feeling they knew people would complain about the cloak and the missing bow. He looks fantastic, but $550 bucks for a figure that comes with two knifes and a bow is ridiculous.

They were given a ton of reference to improve Superman’s suit, but they didn’t use any of it. I think the days of InArt endlessly optimizing their releases are over. This community will nitpick on the smallest things, so I honestly can’t blame them.
Yup, as unfortunate as that is. All other social media platforms are all filled with toxic nitpicking as well.
As a business, they'll have to go with the majority, similar to how Hot Toys does it.

Otherwise, as the old saying goes, The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

Honestly, I just don't love banking on the "They'll fix it later" strategy, anyway. Promo pics exist for a reason; they're there to advertise what you can reasonably expect to receive. That's the only concrete information we really have when making preorders, so that's gonna be what I use to decide. I'm not putting down money on ifs and maybes.

Honestly, I just don't love banking on the "They'll fix it later" strategy, anyway. Promo pics exist for a reason; they're there to advertise what you can reasonably expect to receive. That's the only concrete information we really have when making preorders, so that's gonna be what I use to decide. I'm not putting down money on ifs and maybes.
He'll sell out anyway tho because of FOMO; people seeing Middle Earth 1/6 for the first time; partners whose other partner just loves Middle Earth and Legolas (like when people paid ridiculous prices for WB's Middle Earth "collector set" which were discs everyone already owned with a little bookcase and some prints).

Paradoxically less-knowing people will see the price tag as a sign this really IS "Premium" so for some it's actually a selling point. Then there's folks well off enough to buy whatever they want just because.

InArt has learned that Hot Toys’ strategy of “ignore the plebeians, unless it tanks sales” works best.

There’s a very good reason that Hot Toys and other collectibles companies have very minimal to no interaction with the community.

He'll sell out anyway tho because of FOMO; people seeing Middle Earth 1/6 for the first time; partners whose other partner just loves Middle Earth and Legolas (like when people paid ridiculous prices for WB's Middle Earth "collector set" which were discs everyone already owned with a little bookcase and some prints).

Paradoxically less-knowing people will see the price tag as a sign this really IS "Premium" so for some it's actually a selling point. Then there's folks well off enough to buy whatever they want just because.
Oh, absolutely. I'm under no illusions that this won't sell out. Just pointing out a troubling trend where all discussion of flaws in InArt prototypes gets handwaved with, "They'll fix it." And yeah, maybe they will; they have before. But maybe they won't; they also haven't before. At a certain point, I'm not interested in discussing hypothetical changes. This is the figure they advertised. If it improves between now and the final release, great! But I'm not just gonna blindly count on that, personally.

Back