Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough. Well, I don't believe there was any deep rooted issue with the green light and creation of this film. It's a sequel to a popular movie. It bombed. End of story.

Variety is running defense for WB, that much is painfully obvious. To the point of absolute absurdity, if you look at all the mental gymnastics the author goes through to convince the world that Todd is the Devil and essentially forced WB hand or had them bent over a barrel. Hilariously implausible imo.

It's timing is also impeccable..

There's no conspiracy here. The movie just didn't need to be made and everyone associated with it are to blame.
I never once said Todd was capable of making WB bend to his wishes, in fact, I went out of my way to state the opposite.

He’s not that guy!

I'd rather drink terp
Nick, I can't wait until JND 1/6 Joker comes out because we gonna be liking each other's posts like no bodies business, it's gonna be us against the world, especially Di Fabio, but for now, right at this moment, you're my mortal enemy.
That settles it. There's only one thing to do.

Gentleman.

PILLOW FIGHT

Nick, I can't wait until JND 1/6 Joker comes out because we gonna be liking each other's posts like no bodies business, it's gonna be us against the world, especially Di Fabio, but for now, right at this moment, you're my mortal enemy.
Di Fabio is sitting in time out, along with Phillips, on his ranch, talking about Joker 2.

I agree -- musicals are a form of spite. I also think cartoons are too.

Crows, imagine with me for one second, where an artistic person has an idea that they love, and they hope other people love it too...

Imagine...

Imagine all the people.

Now please welcome Gal Gadot:

a musical about the joker? yes spite.

intense-pillow-fight-8xdjnu93kbz8s1tr.gif

The guy cutting his own face at the end was kind of stupid. It doesn't make him Joker, and he's not Ledger's Joker either. He probably got raped too, so who cares. Lame character in a lame movie.
There is some doubt perhaps that it is the "real Joker" or just a crazy patient from Arkham, it would be crazy if it was the same person who killed Bruce Wayne's parents in the first film, but since there won't be a third film we'll never know.
Maybe there just isn't a real Joker in Phillips' universe.

Maybe this guy is supposed to be an angry DC fan or Phillips himself killing his toy.

I think Harley Quinn should definitely have been the new Joker, when you see the cut scenes, and they changed their minds during filming. Maybe an ego battle with Phoenix.

That’s the problem!

Harley was more Joker than Joker.
She cucked him while he was crying out
his undying love for her, so she started singing
and walked away, that’s pimp!

I hate it, make your own characters up Todd.

Why wasn’t he so emotional over the apartment neighbor during the last film?

The message in this is clearly that any girl can catch Arthur in their web and do as they please, showing how pathetic and helpless Arthur is, why else make the guy a 10 second man? Why make him so clingy in this? Why make her so masculine?

It's so crazy to see which sequels turn out well and which fall flat.

Top Gun 2? Blade Runner 2? Beetlejuice 2? Three sequels that no one wanted that ended up being either super high quality, a box office success, or both.

But then you get these "sure thing" follow-ups like Joker that are total garbage. So strange.
I can't wait to see how Gladiator 2 will do at the box office...but sometimes the studios are too confident like for the last Indiana Jones with his crazy budget.

I believe that now studios prefer to make films with average budgets like "Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes" which cost 165 millions.

The first film was meh to me. Read all the spoilers here and feedback.

As somebody put it earlier, the movie does parallel what's happening right now. Arthur's fans in the movies are disappointed he didn't become the Joker they thought him to be and it's the same with the fans of the first film. Real life imitates art as they say. Maybe Phillips is a genius. Maybe him and Phoenix concocted this thesis that the real world fans will have the same reaction as how they wrote it. And y'all proved him right. Arthur got raped in the movie and the raping continues with the memes, jokes, AI images, etc. Y'all are the cops because you were spited by Todd. Y'all are also the unknown Joker at the end because you defined what Joker should be. 🤣

I say this jokingly but hey, who knows?

all-part-of-the-plan-joker.gif

He was pathetic in the first film too. What’s all this hubbub? Guess I’m now finding out, but you mean to tell me there were people who connected and related to him to a great extent..? To the point where some are enraged that they continued to portray him as the pathetic person he is in the second film? While it’s unfortunate to see, the character was always a sick individual, he should’ve never been idolized or glorified.

Last edited:
Back