Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Dredd TV series with Karl Urban would be better than a sequel. There's a lot more they can do with a series and the budget for a show is far less than a film. Also, Urban is no stranger to tv shows. The petition should be for a series, not another film.

No, **** these tv shows. I'm sick of them.

I wanna see another great film for Dredd that expands on what we saw in the first one. There's nothing like the theater experience with that 2 hour to 3 hour format. Dredd on the big screen was pure bliss. Film sequel or GTFO.

The only show that I've seen recently that transcended the television screen and felt cinematic was Breaking Bad and even then it didn't have that theater experience.

The theater experience is like an orgasm...temporary. The film will end up on TV anyway, when people buy the bluray :lol...so instead of a 2 hour experience, you get 12 hours on HBO or some other good channel. It's less expensive and less risky for the studio...that's if they have the TV rights.

No, two more films, just as Garland intended. Explore the city and Dredd more, than outside the city.

The theater experience is like an orgasm...temporary. The film will end up on TV anyway, when people buy the bluray :lol...so instead of a 2 hour experience, you get 12 hours on HBO or some other good channel. It's less expensive and less risky.

TV show on HBO? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. A Dredd TV show would probably be on WB and have some other pretty boy as Dredd in the academy who never wears a helmet so his mousse doesn't mess up his hair and revolve around his love/hate relationship with his ex-gf, MaMa.

Only watched this once, must give it another go, as I recall it was pretty good. Definite potential for a sequel exploring the world more.

There's only a couple of networks I would trust with Dredd. HBO, Starz, and Showtime. They wouldn't skimp out on what made dredd it was and they also wouldn't impose ******** guidelines like was pointed out above with him walking around without a helmet. You just know any major network would have him waltzing around without a helmet 75% of the episode minimum.

That being said, I personally am happy with the movie(s). At least we know they'll be great and not turned into **** for a tv show.

A Dredd TV series with Karl Urban would be better than a sequel. There's a lot more they can do with a series and the budget for a show is far less than a film. Also, Urban is no stranger to tv shows. The petition should be for a series, not another film.

Nah, I'd rather see a Dredd in all the bloody glory than something neutered for a TV14 rating. :nono

Nah, I'd rather see a Dredd in all the bloody glory than something neutered for a TV14 rating. :nono

Have you seen Game of Thrones? :lol

uanT9rU.gif

MiPetCV.gif

pIAErgs.gif

Has anyone seen Almost Human? It almost caught my eye but not enough to end up watching it.

I thought it was a great show. The issue a lot of people had was that FOX aired some of the eps out of order so to us, the dynamic of the characters was completely off. Regardless, I enjoyed it.

I thought Dredd was a good movie and a sequel where he isn't stuck in one location for the entire duration of the film would probably be better.

Almost Human was pretty good. It was one of those shows that I just knew FOX was going to cancel though. To be honest, I'm surprised they let keep going the whole season. I wish it would have gotten picked up by another company to keep it going.

Back