JURASSIC PARK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[Shipped] - Jurassic Park Dioramas (Item #81181FLEX) - 1 x $249.99
================
SHIP DETAILS:
Shipped via FDX G Ground on 2008-10-28 00:00:00: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
================

My last flexpay payment was charged today, 10/29. Just checked my bank statement.

Again, :horror:horror:horror That's fantastic luck! Got my processing e-mail, so I hope I can expect mine relatively soon as well!

Sadly, watching the video for Dinosauria, the dialogue seemed be like a nail in the coffin for the JP line, like this new line is what they always wanted to do and the JP piece was like a way to test the waters to see if folks were interested in dino pieces. Sucks, the new stuff looks cool and all, but I was hoping to see more pieces of Stan Winston's awesome dinos.

Sadly, watching the video for Dinosauria, the dialogue seemed be like a nail in the coffin for the JP line, like this new line is what they always wanted to do and the JP piece was like a way to test the waters to see if folks were interested in dino pieces. Sucks, the new stuff looks cool and all, but I was hoping to see more pieces of Stan Winston's awesome dinos.
Couldn't agree more. JP is just iconic to me, I still remember seeing it in theatres when I was only 7. For me, I'm not just buying any pieces out there, I'm only buying certain products that are from movies I'm very passionate about. T-800 PF, the Jaws marquette, this JP diorama, etc.

I can 100% promise I will not be buying any pieces from this Dinosaur line. Yes, they have a great design and look good, but movies are my passion.

I'm confused. Why would they acquire the JP license only to make one piece for it? I was hopeful for elaborate dios like a recreation of the fence and jeep scene. I say, give the license to Hot Toys and maybe we will see articulated dinos.

Why could we not get some better dios or dinos at that?

Why not maquettes? I'm seriously such a big fan that I would buy PF of some of the human characters. The first JP is more than just a movie to me.

Why could we not get some better dios or dinos at that?

Why not maquettes? I'm seriously such a big fan that I would buy PF of some of the human characters. The first JP is more than just a movie to me.

totally true!
JP sets the bar and the dino's are awesome...
sideshow- please continue the JP line and a new product soon !!!!!!!!

I'm confused. Why would they acquire the JP license only to make one piece for it? I was hopeful for elaborate dios like a recreation of the fence and jeep scene. I say, give the license to Hot Toys and maybe we will see articulated dinos.

Well, based on the Dinosauria video they made, it sounds like Sideshow started with JP because they weren't sure if it would be JP or just dinos that catch people's interest. When the JP piece succeeded as well as it did for them, they figured ok, we've always wanted to do our own line here, looks like folks are interested in dino pieces, let's take a shot that the support the JP piece got was for the dinos and do our thing where we have total control. If the reaction led them to feel it was as much JP as dinos behind the support for the piece, they'd probably continue the JP line, but sounds like they think their line will do just as well and naturally prefer not to have a license holder to answer to and cater to and just make the pieces they want, how they want. As a company and artists, it's the best move for them, but as JP fans, it sucks for us because we'll probably not get a line of high end collectibles from the film(s) we love.

Really? Not what I got from it. From what I gathered, they had long been mulling over whether or not to do a dinosaur line of their own, and regardless of whether or not customers purchased the first dio because of dinosaurs or because of the movie, they had paleoartists already on board to help them create their own pieces with their own "character" dinos; doing their own line gives them a freedom to build an original story around the dinosaur(s) and the individual piece, but they concede the popularity of the film and of the JP dio's success. They just decided that either way, whether due to the film or the dinos, that there was a marketability for dinosaurs and that this was the time to break through, if they were going to do it.

If anything, the video made me optimistic about the future of the JP line, and reversed my fear that it had been left for dead. With Dinosauria, they have artistic freedom to depict scenes or statues involving any number of different dinosaurs, many not seen in the JP films; but with the JP line they have the opportunity to depict classic and dramatic scenes from the popular movies. Given their history with SWS, I'm skeptical that they'd drop that now. Just seems like they are trying to maximize their gains in the paleo area of the market.

Well, the only way I see JP continuing in addition to the Dinosauria line is if the JP dios get more JP specific with things like the Rex attacking the jungle attacker, or Dilo attacking Nedry. If they make dios of specific, memorable moments from JP involving human-dino interaction and not just dino-dino interaction, it could still sell, but if you had dino-dino running alongside the Dinosauria line, it'd create competition.

Well, the only way I see JP continuing in addition to the Dinosauria line is if the JP dios get more JP specific with things like the Rex attacking the jungle attacker, or Dilo attacking Nedry. If they make dios of specific, memorable moments from JP involving human-dino interaction and not just dino-dino interaction, it could still sell, but if you had dino-dino running alongside the Dinosauria line, it'd create competition.

EXACTLY! The JP line has to depict the classic scenes which make the films memorable. It can't just be dinosaurs or dinosaur/dinosaur interaction... we can just as easily leave that to the Dinosauria line. If we have gritty interaction and paleo-specific portrayals in the Dinosauria line, we can have SWS designs and scene specific depictions in the JP line! I think we agree there's a potential future for both at SS.

It can be done, I'd say if we don't see a new JP piece previewed on or by Toy Fair 2009 though, that it's over.

It can be done, I'd say if we don't see a new JP piece previewed on or by Toy Fair 2009 though, that it's over.

I'd say you're right. It can be done, and I hope they're going in the direction we mentioned. My spirits are high.

I'm plan for the worst, enjoy the best. For me the line is now dead, if they contradict me, woohoo, if they prove me right, then I've made my peace with it.

I'm plan for the worst, enjoy the best. For me the line is now dead, if they contradict me, woohoo, if they prove me right, then I've made my peace with it.

I'm the same way, it's what makes me so frustratingly-well-prepared, as any of my friends, and all of my enemies I'm sure will vociferously attest. :monkey1

I'm taking a similar approach, but I'm not going to dismiss it as dead, just to keep that possibility since we haven't heard any official announcement to that effect. The Dinosauria video has bolstered my hope.

You'll never see a cancellation announcement. For some reason, when companies move on from a line, they just move on, rarely do you see a cancellation notice, and the few times I've seen companies do it, it usually causes more problems than just moving on.

But we wouldn't see them feigning to support a line in a video announcement when it's purely disingenuine and they have no desire to continue it. If they didn't spend the video lauding the JP line, and if they just flat out didn't mention it, I too would be resigned to believe that it's over. After hearing what the artisans had to say, though, I think I was perhaps mistaken for prematurely thinking it done with.

Back