Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue / SD Toys - 1/6 Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The announcement states:
Oops...you're right. Sorry.
Honestly, KP produces figures pretty quickly. It took just 12 months for Bela Lugosi and Nosferatu to ship after they were officially announced. 14 months for Lee's Dracula and Cushing's Van Helsing. If they show the protos for all three this fall, it's possible we can get them by Q4 2025. months
14 months for Lee and Cushing ? Do you have them available where you live ? It seems they are still on pre-order. And they were announced in december 2022.
Also, the 12 months for Bela is good but it was for only one figure. Not 3.

Ok it's still better than Hot Toys^^ It's not that slow but I'm also worried because they announced a lot of figures recently. Toshiro Mifune, Phantom of the Opera, Chuck Norris, 2 Hammer figures and now3 others. I find it hard to believe they will all be available next year.

Oops...you're right. Sorry.

14 months for Lee and Cushing ? Do you have them available where you live ? It seems they are still on pre-order. And they were announced in december 2022.
Also, the 12 months for Bela is good but it was for only one figure. Not 3.

Ok it's still better than Hot Toys^^ It's not that slow but I'm also worried because they announced a lot of figures recently. Toshiro Mifune, Phantom of the Opera, Chuck Norris, 2 Hammer figures and now3 others. I find it hard to believe they will all be available next year.
They were teased in December 2022, but they weren't put up for preorder until April 2023. I suppose I should have clarified that. They were officially released in June and have started shipping (just got my notice from Sideshow a few days ago).
And I feel ya. KP has a lot of figures coming! But I think it's possible for them to release all those figures next year. They seem to be increasing the size and scope of their operation. I can even see Chuck Norris releasing this year.

They were teased in December 2022, but they weren't put up for preorder until April 2023. I suppose I should have clarified that. They were officially released in June and have started shipping (just got my notice from Sideshow a few days ago).
And I feel ya. KP has a lot of figures coming! But I think it's possible for them to release all those figures next year. They seem to be increasing the size and scope of their operation. I can even see Chuck Norris releasing this year.
Ok I didn't know the Hammer figures just released. I'm not that interested in them because I made customs with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing Hot Toys figures. Not really accurate to the Hammer movies because they're older but still...I'm happy with them and it's hard for me to pull the trigger when I already have figures with great likeness to the actors.
20240713_095247.jpg

(****** photo, sorry)

But I definitely want a Frankenstein and a Bride figure, they are the 2 I'm the most looking for. And Bela, but I will buy it now, I can still find it below 260€ in my country.

I don't think I'm going to be tempted, though it'll be interesting to see what they produce.

Didn't go for the Lugosi Dracula, Hammer series or the other classic horror characters.

Still waiting for more of their western characters (American rather than Spaghetti). John Wayne's Hondo was teased last October , but since then they've been more preoccupied with horror.

I don't think I'm going to be tempted, though it'll be interesting to see what they produce.

Didn't go for the Lugosi Dracula, Hammer series or the other classic horror characters.

Still waiting for more of their western characters (American rather than Spaghetti). John Wayne's Hondo was teased last October , but since then they've been more preoccupied with horror.
For me it's great. I'm a horror fan, and also an italian western fan. And a Kurosawa fan (Toshiro Mifune is for me)
I'm looking for something different from American icons of cinema. There are already tons of them in figure form. It's great to have something else. Old movies, and not only american ones, I say yes !
I have nothing against american cinema, don't take it the wrong way (Universal monsters are American movies^^), but until now, it was very difficult to find anything else.
Enterbay and other less known companies did some asian cinema figures, and it's great. But italian cinema is really a new thing in figure format. I would love to have a Barbara Steele figure from Black Sunday.

For me it's great. I'm a horror fan, and also an italian western fan. And a Kurosawa fan (Toshiro Mifune is for me)
I'm looking for something different from American icons of cinema. There are already tons of them in figure form. It's great to have something else. Old movies, and not only american ones, I say yes !
I have nothing against american cinema, don't take it the wrong way (Universal monsters are American movies^^), but until now, it was very difficult to find anything else.
Enterbay and other less known companies did some asian cinema figures, and it's great. But italian cinema is really a new thing in figure format. I would love to have a Barbara Steele figure from Black Sunday.

With spaghettis the only ones I rate are the five by Sergio Leone. When KP made Bud Spencer and then Terence Hill, while they looked good I couldn't bring myself to get them as I hate the Trinity films and didn't want to be constantly reminded of them. :monkey3

John Wayne isn't even a favourite actor any more. While he's iconic, watching his films now it's hard to look beyond the ham and cheese. (Clint Eastwood is the top for me. The difference to Wayne is practically chalk and cheese).

With the horror figures there was a time when I would've lapped all these up. I love the atmosphere of the '30s and '40s movies, but figure wise they just haven't been calling to me.

I've been thinking about the new announcement, and ways in which any characters could fit into the collection by association with unrelated figures. The Mummy would be the easiest in that regard, being a near ageless archetype. A Karloff Frankenstein's Monster is the next likely candidate, in order to have one definitive (for now) example in 1/6.

Of all the Universal Horror monsters, I've always found the Creature from the Black Lagoon to be the creepiest. However, he's probably the hardest to reproduce in 1/6 while maintaining both aesthetics and longevity. Mondo's version didn't appeal visually, while it's jointed plastic construction would've provided the longevity.

With spaghettis the only ones I rate are the five by Sergio Leone. When KP made Bud Spencer and then Terence Hill, while they looked good I couldn't bring myself to get them as I hate the Trinity films and didn't want to be constantly reminded of them. :monkey3

John Wayne isn't even a favourite actor any more. While he's iconic, watching his films now it's hard to look beyond the ham and cheese. (Clint Eastwood is the top for me. The difference to Wayne is practically chalk and cheese).

With the horror figures there was a time when I would've lapped all these up. I love the atmosphere of the '30s and '40s movies, but figure wise they just haven't been calling to me.

I've been thinking about the new announcement, and ways in which any characters could fit into the collection by association with unrelated figures. The Mummy would be the easiest in that regard, being a near ageless archetype. A Karloff Frankenstein's Monster is the next likely candidate, in order to have one definitive (for now) example in 1/6.

Of all the Universal Horror monsters, I've always found the Creature from the Black Lagoon to be the creepiest. However, he's probably the hardest to reproduce in 1/6 while maintaining both aesthetics and longevity. Mondo's version didn't appeal visually, while it's jointed plastic construction would've provided the longevity.
I am not really interested in Terence Hill and Bud Spencer either, but I think it's a step in the good direction to make more obscure figures like these.
Yes it would be great to have Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Eli Wallach figures (better than the Redman ones)
Maybe also Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson from Once upon a time in the west.

For Universal Monsters, I found the Mondo good enough visually, but too expensive for what it is.

And I LOVE the iconic look of the Bride of Frankenstein. I mostly want her and Karloff Frankenstein.

I am surprised there is still interest in these monsters.

Getting these in such quality is amazing.

But it is going to be a very long wait I am afraid.

I am surprised there is still interest in these monsters.

Getting these in such quality is amazing.

But it is going to be a very long wait I am afraid.
I'm afraid of that too. Because of too many figures announced.
But they also work in collab with SD Toys. Maybe it will be quicker.
Not to the detriment of quality I hope.

I still hesitate to buy Bela's Dracula 😅
I don't think I will have the space for more than 3 figures.
Frankentstein and the Bride are the 2 most important. But I don't know which one to choose for the 3rd.
Not the Mummy

Phantom or Dracula ?🤔
Life is tough sometimes.

I vote for Dracula! 🧛‍♂️
It's hard. Phantom and Dracula are both cool looking.

The first Mummy movie from 1932 is one of my favorite Universal monsters movie. But I don't really think the monster itself is that interesting visually. He doesn't even look like that most of the time in the movie. I think I would be more interested in an Ardath Bey figure, with this cool stare :
1_cFVuEz4diYowmxl7sTYHfA.jpg

I would love "silverscreen editions" with black & white figures, like Sideshow did in the early 2000s.
Neca did that also and I think it works great.
But it's probably too much to ask. Maybe it wouldn't sell as well.

Will they be at SDCC to show anything ofLondon After Midnight for sure to be shown.

Looking forward to seeing these figures!
Think they are going to be tough on the wallets lol.

Also Wolfman and Creature in Wave 2 according to KP
That is really odd. I guess my rumor mill/whisperer guys got it wrong. From what I was told, Wolfman was coming sooner rather than later. Every other time, for years now, they have been on the nose with the info they share about monster stuff. For everything there is a first time, I suppose.

That is really odd. I guess my rumor mill/whisperer guys got it wrong. From what I was told, Wolfman was coming sooner rather than later. Every other time, for years now, they have been on the nose with the info they share about monster stuff. For everything there is a first time, I suppose.
Oh right. Maybe your rumor guy is right but on FB they said Wolfman in wave 2.

While they are the most classic, wish some quality co. could also step outside the Universal Monsters box, maybe more borderline horror/fantasy:

Conrad Veidt as Gwynplaine aka "The Man Who Laughs" (template for the Joker.
7kw363.gif

Lon Cheney as: The Unknown aka "Alonzo the Armless"
7kvzxr.gif

01407-unknown-two-thumbs.gif

(90 yo spoiler): ....with removable arms!:horror

Calagari's: Cesare the Somnabulist
8jdpkt.gif

8wwnp4.gif

Robot Maria/Futura & Rotwang
8wwo55.gif

8johxa.gif

Last edited:
Could be things changed when they were able to acquire the Universal license? Having the full access to the Universal license may allow them to include more accessories like the cane and poster artwork and maybe even certain reference materials from Universal? It’s not uncommon for companies to shuffle projects around as opportunities open up.

OK I pulled the trigger for Dracula.

Now let's wait for 4 years before I can put another universal monster next to him 😅

Back