Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue / SD Toys - 1/6 Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What color do you think they will make Frankenstein's monster ?
Because the green skin used in makeup at the time was a choice to play on the restrictions of black and white. It was to distinguish the monster from the rest of the cast by giving him a skin color captured as a ghostly white on film.

While it makes sense to make green figures for The creature of the black lagoon, it somehow doesn't make as much sense to release a green colored version of Frankenstein's monster.
It kind of works because green can look like a zombi-ish color but just imagine if he was yellow, or orange 😅 It wasn't intended to be seen like that.

That first image of the cg renders are in color, Frankie just looks monochrome because he's colored grey (you can see the red in his head wound). Personally I hope that's indicative of what color the figure will be, I'd even prefer the whole line be done in black and white. I've always been in the camp of preferring figures match the color that's on screen rather than the color of the actual props, but for these old pre-color films, a muted color scheme is often acceptable, too, and I wouldn't want Dracula to be the only one in color, so I'd accept a very pale yellow-green.

But I'd definitely prefer a color closer to Neca's than Mezco's.

It's getting the most attention out of all the new lands coming, which is a shock to Universal, given the How to Train a Dragon and Nintendo world on the list (not to mention a new Harry Potter area.
Definitely the "Land" I'm most interested in, if it's actually themed after the Classic Universe Monsters.
With Universal leaning hard into the new Dark Universe world theme park, the monsters will have new life breathed into them.

I went to the preview and it does look like they have modified the old look and updated the monster a bit......
"modified the old look and updated the monster a bit......"
How have they been modified "updated"? I'm almost afraid to ask?

I'm sure these "designers" can't help inserting their crapy trend ideas onto these classics characters. :horror
Are they now in ripped t-shirts, on roller-blades?
Turned into a emo-goth band? DEI'd, Gender-flipped non-binary?
Made all romantic; sexy scars, pretty-werwolves, and twilight sparkly-vampires?
I dread to think about what they deem needs to be "updated" aka: how they have ruined them?:lol

Last edited:
With Universal leaning hard into the new Dark Universe world theme park, the monsters will have new life breathed into them.

It's getting the most attention out of all the new lands coming, which is a shock to Universal, given the How to Train a Dragon and Nintendo world on the list (not to mention a new Harry Potter area.

I went to the preview and it does look like they have modified the old look and updated the monster a bit......

Never a good thing, especially for the Creature. But it's obvious they have by the outlines.

Who know if these will be the new or old designs ?
Wait.... the what? There is going to be a classic universal monster theme parrk?????

I was really disappointed with the Phantom of the Opera. He doesn’t come with his mask. I wouldn’t buy it for that reason alone. It’s a huge mistake on their part and I just don’t understand that kind of thinking why they wouldn’t bother with such a huge icon like that!?!
The mask should have been a given from the off. It seems that everything was sacrificed for the moveable eye system.
Personally i would have preferred if they had stayed with the painted on eyes and two head sculpts of previous releases.

I love moveable eyes....but i'm worried they'll look more like ASMUS than HOT TOYS :horror

For me personally, I'd prefer this shade of green:
View attachment 713381
View attachment 713382
That colour would look good. I read that the grease paint used was more of a grayish blue colour than green.

I went with a grayish green on my custom:frank

DSC_0058.JPG

I wonder will Franky and the Bride have rooted hair? The beehive on the bride will be a challenge.
My gut says no - they haven't done rooted figures yet, Frank doesn't really warrant it and Bride might be too difficult and Wolfman would be insanely difficult and expensive.
Plus they will want these to go with their Bela figure who also doesnt have rooted hair.

My gut says no - they haven't done rooted figures yet, Frank doesn't really warrant it and Bride might be too difficult and Wolfman would be insanely difficult and expensive.
Plus they will want these to go with their Bela figure who also doesnt have rooted hair.
Maybe, but the upcoming London after midnight Chaney proto has rooted hair.

1721144350406.png

He does come with the mask but only for orders directly through their site. But I agree, that should have been an accessory included with all versions of the figure. It was a pretty big mistake on their part.

Where is this information available BM? Are there any photos showing him with the mask?

Directly on their website
https://www.infinitestatue.com/gb/c...opera-16-action-figure-exclusive-version.html

They only have digital renders of the mask and it appears to have been a last minute inclusion as up until it went up for preorder we were told they weren’t making a mask.
Thanks BM. I was thinking directly from SS not KP. It should have just been made as a standard feature in my opinion. It’s a huge part of the film and should be included. Thanks for sharing the link. 👍🏼

Yeah not a fan of them but I suppose they’re prepared for when the originals start becoming public domain in a few years. Sad stuff like that makes them need to adapt something they nailed the first time.

New monsters designs. Sorry I don’t have better pics.
They look like super heroes...
It's missing to point.
It's not horror.
Wolfman is cool but again, it looks like Marvel's Wolf man.

That colour would look good. I read that the grease paint used was more of a grayish blue colour than green.

I went with a grayish green on my custom:frank

View attachment 713478

Oh it's a really cool custom !
I would love this color too for the Kaustic figure.
Is it an old Sideshow figure modified ?

Back