Kotobukiya ARTFX+ ALIEN statues coming out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I don't like how the Warrior turned out, I'm tempted to get the Big Chap. I also like how you can make your own dioramas with the included 'grate' pieces.

This is the best big chap I've seen in years. They've even replicated the buckling of the latex suit.

IMG_80031.jpg

Nice, but my alien obsession really is only for the original Giger design. While I love all other designs as well, it's only the Giger one that I try to get as many pieces from as I can.
With the dog-alien, or Dragon, I'm happy to settle with NECA's amazing figure.

This is the best big chap I've seen in years. They've even replicated the buckling of the latex suit.

IMG_80031.jpg

Does look very promising indeed. BUT, is that a freaking seam? And is his right hand inverted? The thumb seems... pinky.

Does look very promising indeed. BUT, is that a freaking seam? And is his right hand inverted? The thumb seems... pinky.
1) no, it's a ridge and not a seam, it should be there. if you mean his head and not his hip.
2) no, he has 2 thumbs, frontal one is pointed directly at you on that photo and blurred.
it's seen on this pic.

877c4630c95d332558f353c1a196a958.jpg

the thing is a beauty, i wish it was in 1/6 and it would be enough for me, no need of super articulation for A1 (if third millenium says that it can't make articulated figures anymore).
BTW just watched A1 agan, what a stupid dull movie it remains, and the beauty of alien design wasn't used throughout the movie at all.

Last edited:
1) no, it's a ridge and not a seam, it should be there. if you mean his head and not his hip.
2) no, he has 2 thumbs, frontal one is pointed directly at you on that photo and blurred.
it's seen on this pic.

877c4630c95d332558f353c1a196a958.jpg

the thing is a beauty, i wish it was in 1/6 and it would be enough for me, no need of super articulation for A1 (if third millenium says that it can't make articulated figures anymore).
BTW just watched A1 agan, what a stupid dull movie it remains, and the alien design wasn't used throughout the movie at all.

Good. No seam = purchase. This looks fantastic in that case.

I knew it had two thumbs, but the top thumb was lost in that angle's illusion. Thanks for pointing it out.

I also watched A1 again recently for the ouhoufth time. It was absolutely terrific.

Did anyone who also owns a NECA xeno ever get the ARTFX+ Warrior? It'd be great to see them compared, for sizing/scale purposes.

I don't own it, but from the reviews I've seen the body of the Koto warrior is mostly in-scale with NECA, but the head is noticeably smaller. When they get cheaper I'll get some for background crawling Xenos.

After looking at the photos posted above, this seems to me to be the most faithful sculpt to the on-screen suit. If only we could get this in larger scale...

There are ugly seams on this figure. Where the tubes go into the back and where the legs join upper thigh. Still forgivable if they get anywhere close to this paint job. They should go back and redo the ALIENS warrior. That thing is a mess in my opinion.

Their Warrior would be laughable if people hadn't paid money for it. This looks much better... Assuming they will all look like that.

Just jumped onto the Koto-train. Awaiting the Chap and Dog, I got a Warrior for a good price. These three will go quite well with NECA's Queen. Sideshow diorama style (
SSS030.jpg
).

Chap is supposed to release this month.

Rather surprisingly, it jumped right near the top of my can't-wait-list. The WIP shots are very, very promising. How good at releasing on schedule is Kotobukiya normally?

On a sidenote, has anyone tried their hand in making custom plaques (with or without podium) for the stylized film names, like the Sideshow aliens above?

Got the Warrior today. Got one with really good paint apps so really happy. Have to figure out how Im gonn display it.

Back