Lim Toys - 1/6 The Gunslinger (Outlaws of The West)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It usually just means they have (pre)sold out of the stock that they ordered for this particular release. Or, in some cases the manufacturer has requested orders only be made available for a limited window of time, usually when a company is nervous about being hit with a cease and desist from the license holders. Either way, if you log into your account you should still see your order there.

This is a pretty normal thing with third party releases on any number of sites, removing the item/product page as soon as they have sold through their stock allocation, or otherwise marking it as no longer available (or something similar) if it's a site that does leave the product page up. Nothing to worry about. If you got your order in you'll be fine.

I just wish I knew what the full price will be, because it only lists the price of the deposit ($15)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can?t get to the description because I can only see it under ?my orders?

I just looked in their Facebook group. The price there was $185. It's usually the same price in their store.

OneSixthKit was also $185, and their price generally matches TNS because both stores include shipping in the total.

I just looked in their Facebook group. The price there was $185. It's usually the same price in their store.

OneSixthKit was also $185, and their price generally matches TNS.

Awesome!

All this talk made me look up my order.

Ordered it May 29, 2019. Will we get to the two-year mark? Seems likely.

For those keeping score, I ordered the VTS version May 22, 2020. What a coincidence that the two figures were announced almost exactly a year apart.

One clue that Arthur is probably almost ready for release - in the LIM Toys group, an admin put out a question this morning about what video game figures people want to see next. Seems they're preparing for what comes next, which means the Gunslinger is probably going to be released in the coming weeks. Fingers crossed.

Lots of love for John and Sadie from RDR, various Metal Gear Solid characters and a lot of comments for Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn, for those wondering what the feedback has been.

I’d like to see Sadie, as well, but man! The wait for this has been excruciating, so I can’t even imagine how long the wait would be for her — especially if they decided to do it right and not use one of the $#@tty after-market bodies most of these companies use for female figures.

The Star Ace hose really does look quite small here:

Looks more like Bill from the Lord of the Rings rather than a full size horse. I?m glad I still have the Mr. Z thoroughbred on PO now. Too small for my taste.

It does give that impression:

btp.jpg
weta-fellowship-ring-weta-samwise_1_f5d48669b992d76ae4f71bddf6731439.jpg

weta-fellowship-ring-weta-samwise_1_f5d48669b992d76ae4f71bddf6731439.jpg

Ive seen this one awhile back. It looks like a Mustang to me, which is a smaller horse.

I would look for a thoroughbred as theyre a much larger horse and more accurate to the game.

I've seen some discussion recently and decided to bring it here.

For those who want a John Marston figure, would you rather have it be based on his "remastered" appearance from RDR 2?
(And before anybody asks we would give him his NPC hair, not Arthur's:lol)
pCPr0ZG.jpg

vEFhl4o.jpg

gm7jHLo.jpg

qfFshUh.png

Or his old looks from RDR1?
lCRY8Hi.jpg

xFBizEG.jpg

gBWkwpN.jpg

I've seen arguments presenting pros and cons of both, his RDR 1 look is iconic but the graphics and character model are outdated by now and he could look out of place next to other figures, RDR2 John looks a bit younger and less iconic but his character model and outfit are more detailed and realistic, which is always a plus for a figure.

So what are everyone's thoughts?

Red Dead Redemption 1 all the way. I think it’s be possible to make the figure based on part 1 while also looking at part 2 for certain details.

Red Dead Redemption 1 all the way. I think it’s be possible to make the figure based on part 1 while also looking at part 2 for certain details.
Thanks for the response, one of our main concerns is sadly the first game is severely underrated and the majority of those who played the second have not played the first, we already got some rejection from chinese collector groups saying they want his RDR2 look, but I would like to hear all sides.

Thanks for the response, one of our main concerns is sadly the first game is severely underrated and the majority of those who played the second have not played the first, we already got some rejection from chinese collector groups saying they want his RDR2 look, but I would like to hear all sides.

I love the first game, always have, but I'd personally prefer his RDR2 look, as he just looks more realistic and I like the overall look more (outfit & character design).

Honestly I’ve wanted John since I first played part 1. I think it makes sense for the figure to appear as he did in his own story. That being said,I look at part 2 John and it’s still John, just remastered. I think part 2 should be used as reference, but I think you should age the character appropriately. Johns model from part 2 with his older age of part 1

Last edited:
Loved Red Dead 1, but would prefer a RDR2 figure.

If Arthur's story didn't end the way it did, I might feel differently. But the way he helped John get away and give him a chance at a life and some peace, I feel Red Dead 2 made me look at John in a new way. One in which I'd like to have his Red Dead 2 figure first and foremost.

I also think the added realism from the newer graphics are a big plus for a Red Dead 2 version, plus, if you are ever to make Sadie or Dutch, it would be nice to have a little Red Dead 2 display going.

Definitely would prefer Red Dead 2. Instant buy for me.

I'm not sure there's a difference between the two looks. Both wear dark denim vests with tan, button-up, collared shirts and dark pinstripe pants. For lore purposes, they're the same outfits. Only the graphical fidelity makes them look slightly different.

Discounting the clothing issue, you've already given Arthur multiple heads, why not just make two heads for John? Pack the RDR2 version in the box, and offer the RDR1 version for order like you did the mid-beard Arthur sculpt. You can still make both heads realistic, you don't need to make the RDR1 head look ******, just so it matches the model.

Back