LIM Toys - The Least of Use - Guitar Player and Dinosaur Enthusiast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abby is my most hated character in the game series. She’s an ugly ***** and needed to be put down. Hated her and still do. I didn’t care for the story line from game #2. I’ve played through the first game more times than I can count especially considering that it released as a PS3 game years ago. I payed for the PS5 remake which was incredible in terms of details and resolution. I’ve only played through #2 twice due to the distaste left from Abby. Although I understand her motive’s to kill Joel I hated her for it from day one and Naughty Dog can eat a big one for what they did to the story. Great series ruined in game 2. I know there’s a fan base for her but personally I can’t stand her character. 😑

Los Angeles Lakers Wtf GIF by ESPN

Abby is my most hated character in the game series. She’s an ugly ***** and needed to be put down. Hated her and still do. I didn’t care for the story line from game #2. I’ve played through the first game more times than I can count especially considering that it released as a PS3 game years ago. I payed for the PS5 remake which was incredible in terms of details and resolution. I’ve only played through #2 twice due to the distaste left from Abby. Although I understand her motive’s to kill Joel I hated her for it from day one and Naughty Dog can eat a big one for what they did to the story. Great series ruined in game 2. I know there’s a fan base for her but personally I can’t stand her character. 😑
I respect everyones opinion on the game but the game was made to be divisive in the first place. You’re free to not like that, don’t get me wrong. Druckmann designed the game to make you feel extreme sense of hatred and grief. So if the story got a visceral reaction out of you, it succeeded in what it wanted to do.

I feel very passionate about part 2 exactly because of that reason. I’ve never played a game before that could make me feel so many intense emotions. Like I was still thinking about Ellies ending on the beach for weeks after. It’s an extremely depressing game but I think it’s a beautiful thing. Sadness has always been the emotion I resonate with the most, sounds kinda dark I know. There’s a certain comfort to it. Over time I started to like Abby more and more when I replayed the game. I actually think she’s pretty likeable. Aside from yknow, killing Joel and all that.

Last edited:
I respect everyones opinion on the game but the game was made to be divisive in the first place. You’re free to not like that, don’t get me wrong. Druckmann designed the game to make you feel extreme sense of hatred and grief. So if the story got a visceral reaction out of you, it succeeded in what it wanted to do.

I feel very passionate about part 2 exactly because of that reason. I’ve never played a game before that could make me feel so many intense emotions. Like I was still thinking about Ellies ending on the beach for weeks after. It’s an extremely depressing game but I think it’s a beautiful thing. Sadness has always been the emotion I resonate with the most, sounds kinda dark I know. There’s a certain comfort to it. Over time I started to like Abby more and more when I replayed the game. I actually think she’s pretty likeable. Aside from yknow, killing Joel and all that.

Yeah Part 1 and Part 2 constantly shifts between my favourite game of all time whenever I do a mass play-through every few years

I respect everyones opinion on the game but the game was made to be divisive in the first place. You’re free to not like that, don’t get me wrong. Druckmann designed the game to make you feel extreme sense of hatred and grief. So if the story got a visceral reaction out of you, it succeeded in what it needed to do.

I feel very passionate about part 2 exactly because of that reason. I’ve never played a game before that could make me feel so many intense emotions. Like I was still thinking about Ellies ending on the beach for weeks after. It’s an extremely depressing game but I think it’s a beautiful thing. Sadness has always resonated with me, sounds kinda dark I know. Over time I started to like Abby more and more when I replayed the game. I actually think she’s pretty likeable. Aside from yknow, killing Joel and all that.

The ending on the beach hit hard and I couldn't stop thinking about it either. It was compounded by the final scenes.

I'm amused by the reaction to Abby after 4 years.

Joel deserved to die for what he did. I loved his character but it's a harsh world and the fact that he survived for as long as he did was a miracle. Someone was always out there, ready to kill him.
Good point. Even before the events of part 1 he was a smuggler doing shady **** with Tess. And before that he was a hunter, he told Ellie that in dialogue after the ambush happens and they crash the car. And even Tommy had to leave Joel because he was doing so much horrible stuff. Joel has enemies around every corner.

You couldn't go through another full game as Joel slaying hunters and infected unscathed.

Everyone in that world is living on borrowed time. Joel's clock just ticked faster because of his past. And boy did it catch up to him.

Naughty Dog did a great job with both games. Any movie or game that evokes emotions has done its job. Both installments are top notch all the way and both are very playable for more than one play through. I’ve played TLOU 1 so many times and still haven’t found every Firefly medal. I enjoyed #2 but being fond of Joel made me have a lot of negative feelings towards Abby. Did Joel deserve to be killed because he killed the doctor who was going to kill Ellie?! I get it that he killed Abby’s father but he wasn’t a good guy or was he? Hard story line done very well in both cases. Good enough for HBO to pick it up as a series. I’m sure it created a huge amount of interest for those not familiar with the games. A win win for everyone. I just hated Abby for her attitude and for killing Joel. Naughty Dog did its job and then some. Hats off to them 💯!!

There's no easy right or wrong answer to the core of the games, just the emotions that drive the characters. That's what made it compelling.

Ellie and Abby were on a collision course, but it was Ellie who was always making it inevitable. She couldn't do otherwise, just as Joel couldn't let her go through the surgery, just as Abby couldn't let her father's death go unanswered.

Yet Abby was the one who knew sooner when enough was enough.

Ellie's realisation came too late, and she lost even more.

I wish they put Abby in a more interesting outfit. Ellie's outfits are all memorable and iconic, despite just being "basic clothes," but they stuck Abby in a plain grey tank top. She makes for a boring figure, imo. Lim's efforts are better spent making that Aloy they teased me with.

Have played part two just once and while I purchased PS5 remaster, never gonna play it. Yes I can't deny that it's a good game but I rarely develop special connections with characters and Joel is one of them. I don't care what he did, I'd probably do the same thing and save Ellie. Abby's motives are also understandable but YOU JUST DON'T KILL THE MAIN CHARACTER of the franchise. That's just wrong. Whatever ppl say, Last of Us is Joel's journey, I know ppl want to make it about Ellie but she's just a secondary character. For me there is no Ellie without Joel.

If we talk about grief and emotions go play RDR2. It does matter how the main character dies.

Part 2 doesn't even allow you to get a proper revenge. I know ppl want to see 'a deep meaning' in the ending, but it's just a poor writing.

P.S. Started part 1 PS5 remaster yesterday again.

I wish they put Abby in a more interesting outfit. Ellie's outfits are all memorable and iconic, despite just being "basic clothes," but they stuck Abby in a plain grey tank top. She makes for a boring figure, imo. Lim's efforts are better spent making that Aloy they teased me with.
Abby’s outfit is very iconic to me. Not trying to sound like I’m applying for a job at Disney but she’s the first action hero in gaming to break so many gendernorms. She ticks all the boxes for the way writers would write a typical male character but they made her a woman. I think it’s interesting. It’s also comical to see how many people in the world were disgusted by Abby when the leaks originally came out, just because of her physical appearance. Why do people value genderroles so much? It’s insane.

I think her outfit is mocking typical Hollywood action heroes from the past in a way. Like Rambo, John McClane, Arnold Schwarzenegger characters, Kurt Russel characters. The outfits are very plain, only serve to be practical and show off their big biceps. I love that for Abby. It fits her perfectly.

The internet calls ND woke, always used in a negative connotation. But there’s nothing inherently wrong with being woke as long as it comes off as genuine and not as forced. ND actually shows characters not as stereotypes but as multifaceted people all different ages, races, different bodytypes etc. ND’s characters feel like people you could potentially meet in the real world, they’re well written, they act and think like real people. They all have their flaws, but also redeeming factors. They all have to fall down and pick themselves back up.

Whereas companies like Disney… their agenda is so forced you can just feel it through the screen. Their female action heroes have no personality flaws, they never make mistakes. They can never be seen doing any activity that could be seen as typically female. They’re overpowered beaches that are condescending to men (Captain Marvel). Like even in the snow white remake a scene leaked. And Snow White’s whole thing is that she’s the fairest not just because she’s beautiful on the outside, but because she has a kind heart too. In the original scene she cleans the dwarves home in exchange for food and shelter. To me this shows kindness but also a healthy amount of independence. But in 2024 surely we cant have a woman cleaning on screen?! In the leaked 2024 scene Snow White orders the dwarves around like slaves and basically tells them to stop being slobs and clean it themselves. Now that’s how you get people to hate everything “woke”.

Anyway, this went off track lmao. Rant over.

Last edited:
People call Naughty Dog woke but to me ND is anti woke. ND actually shows characters not as stereotypes but as multifaceted people all different ages, races, different bodytypes etc. ND’s characters feel like people you could potentially meet in the real world, they’re well written, they act and think like real people.

You’ve kinda flipped the definition there, you’re describing a more woke perspective.
Anti woke would be; closed minded, ignorant, prejudiced.

You’ve kinda flipped the definition there, you’re describing a more woke perspective.
Anti woke would be; closed minded, ignorant, prejudiced.
Huh. I guess so. Woke is always used in a negative way so I thought putting anti in front of it makes it positive lol. I’ve never actually bothered looking up the definition of the word woke, I always thought it meant raising awareness for social issues, in a forced way. But in hindsight that last part is not part of the definition just something I made up myself. So yes you’re right. ND is very much woke.

I edited the post accordingly, thank you. Im passionate about these things so it’s quite important to convey I know what I’m actually talking about 😅

Last edited:
Back