Logan25 Kruger Elysium Bust/ Marv Sin City/ Man Bat Bust/ Leonardo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Logan25 head sculpts Constantine Bust WIP Big Boss

This head sculpt is awesome! Great job :clap

Received all my head sculpts the other day, even more impressed with them in hand! :yess:

Thanks and im glad youre happy with em :)

Re: Logan25 head sculpts Constantine Bust WIP another Big Boss

Wow that Big Boss sculpt looks great. Having trouble finding good ref pics for are project so will try scan some in this week some time :)

Wow that Big Boss sculpt looks great. Having trouble finding good ref pics for are project so will try scan some in this week some time :)

Cheers Pete, no probs just send em over when youve got em :)

Angry Bats with shortened ears, in retrospect i should have done it like this first as i think it suits him more and makes him look meaner

DSCF3860_zpsbc052a08.jpg

DSCF3861_zps93afec31.jpg

DSCF3862_zps25eee370.jpg

Re: Logan25 head sculpts Angry Bats shortened ears

Very tough looking Batman!

Re: Logan25 head sculpts Angry Bats shortened ears

whilst messing with the chunky boots and hands i got thinking about the super hero body mods, and had a play :)
DSCF3869_zps3bda208c.jpg

DSCF3870_zps7f1c8722.jpg

Re: Logan25 head sculpts super hero body mod wip

Thanks guys, i know a lot of people go for the small head to make the body look bigger, but for me the bodys are just to proportionate, ive been trying to work out how to do this as a kit for anyone that is interested but i reckon it will be easier and cheaper to just offer it as a custom service. Still a fair bit to do so we shall see

That looks great Logan! I hope we get more bodies like this from the manufacturers.

I'm not sure how you can offer something like this as a kit. Maybe cast in a slightly flexible skin tone resin? I think some body parts might be doable. I think Smooth-On has some materials that have a high-break point but still flexible. Let me know if you offer them up. We need more bodies like this.

That looks great Logan! I hope we get more bodies like this from the manufacturers.

I'm not sure how you can offer something like this as a kit. Maybe cast in a slightly flexible skin tone resin? I think some body parts might be doable. I think Smooth-On has some materials that have a high-break point but still flexible. Let me know if you offer them up. We need more bodies like this.

Cheers mate, thats what i was thinking but if you factor in the time of sperating the sculpted bits, getting them off the body without breaking em, molding and casting it will be easier, less time consuming and cheaper to offer it as a service, i intend to keep it affordable and then the customer has the benefit of picking the body and muscle size (to an extent) thats my plan anyway but then again when im done he may look like a steroid experiment gone horrifically wrong lol

I wouldn't mind a muscled Batman or Superman ala Ed McGuinness.

Come to think of it, an Ed McGuinness style Batman or Superman headsculpt would be awesome!

How about that????

Superman__Batman.jpg

Eric

I wouldn't mind a muscled Batman or Superman ala Ed McGuinness.

Come to think of it, an Ed McGuinness style Batman or Superman headsculpt would be awesome!

How about that????

Superman__Batman.jpg

Eric

Sent you a PM :)

Are you using sculpey on the body modifications? And if so how are you drying them... I tried baking a piece on a body once and it whent terribly wrong. I've heard of people using a hair dryer, but never tried it myself.

Oh, and awesome work by the way :rock

Are you using sculpey on the body modifications? And if so how are you drying them... I tried baking a piece on a body once and it whent terribly wrong. I've heard of people using a hair dryer, but never tried it myself.

Oh, and awesome work by the way :rock

yeah sculpey, i have cooked bodys before even a rubber one, the trick is to do them for longer on a lower heat, the main problem is the plastic contracts different to the clay so you do get the odd crack but once cooled its an easy fix. ive also had some success with steaming them. Hair dryers dont get hot enough and the clay will start to crack and crumble over time. Saying all that this was just a test to see how it looked and then i was going to use epoxy clay for the final piece but will see what works best

Back