Lord of The Rings Online.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodie The Cursed said:
Im having issues downloading the software.. I preordered, registered.. now cant download.. me dum dum.. any ideas?..

I just downloaded mine last night. I used the link to download the software utorrent and then clicked on the link they give you to download the software and it worked fine. Took all night and then I realized you can't play it until March 30th unless they invite you to the closed beta.

https://www.lotro.com/index.php?page_id=86

smc100 said:
I just downloaded mine last night. I used the link to download the software utorrent and then clicked on the link they give you to download the software and it worked fine. Took all night and then I realized you can't play it until March 30th unless they invite you to the closed beta.

https://www.lotro.com/index.php?page_id=86

I downloaded Utorrent but I dont really know what to do w/ it.. I know Im kinda lame when it comes to this stuff..:eek:

Advice?..

Bodie The Cursed said:
I downloaded Utorrent but I dont really know what to do w/ it.. I know Im kinda lame when it comes to this stuff..:eek:

Advice?..

Take a computer class?

j/k :rotfl :rotfl

I have no clue about bit torrent stuff... never used it.

Bodie The Cursed said:

Advice?..

After downloading the Utorrent software did you install it? If so, click on this link it it will start the torrent download of the game installation software:

https://lotrodl.turbine.com/installers/lotrobeta2.torrent

When it reaches 100%, the download is done. It could take as long as 6 hours depending upon how many seeders there are (people who either partially or completed their download and are still contributing to making it available for download).

You will then need to open the directory to where your file downloaded and execute the game install file.

When I click that link I get a page that says this..

Windows has the following information about this file type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

File Type: Unknown

Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.

The following Web sites have a comprehensive list of file extensions. You might be able to find information about this file type there:
FILExt

I have Utorrent opened.. but not sure what to do w/ it..

I use BITLORD on my torrents, I think it's the best program out there for them. You just download the torrent and load it in your torrent program. BITLORD automatically pops up when you click on a torrent if you install it.

You need to install a Torrent client. BitTorrent is a format to connect people to create a sort of network so the more people there the faster it downloads, without using server bandwith. Get BitComet or uTorrent programs and then you'll be able to use the .torrent file.

For the people that have paid and downloaded it. Is there any other option besides a torrent? The network ports that the torrent programs use are blocked at my college connection and there would be no way to get past it. (people use torrents to spread movies and stuff illegally so it's blocked here).

Im lost .. is it the weed?.. I have Utorrent 1.6 installed and running.. Or maybe I dont.. can you guys supply links and steps?.. Im clueless.. Computer talk is like another language.. WTF is a torrent and why does it torment me..:emperor

Bodie The Cursed said:
Im lost .. is it the weed?.. I have Utorrent 1.6 installed and running.. Or maybe I dont.. can you guys supply links and steps?.. Im clueless.. Computer talk is like another language.. WTF is a torrent and why does it torment me..:emperor

Try right mouse clicking on the torrent file/link and select "OPEN WITH". Then choose utorrent as the application that will open the torrent file.

If u torrent doesn't work, then try installing a different client like BitComet.

The NDA has been lifted as of today. Feel free to ask any questions / discuss.

A few random notes:

I'm currently playing the beta as "Darwin" a Lvl 14 Elf Hunter on the Meneldor server. :legolas

I've been very happy with the game so far. Seems to be paced very well as are the obtaining of traits, the ability to train for new skills as well as crafting.

Quests and side quests are plentiful and appear to be faithful to middle Earth lore.

The music system is great. They already started a thread on the beta forum for sheet music as it relates to keystrokes. I ran into a group of minstrel's that were quite talented. These guys/gals were keystoking various parts of Howard Shore's score.

Edit to add: Who is getting the game for sure?

Last edited:
Being somewhat of an online computer gaming geek from EQ to WoW, I can honestly say the dropping of the NDA for LOTR online is a good thing.

Been playing in beta since mid last year and have leveled up quite a few characters of all types. There are a lot of good things about this game and a few not so good things. Turbine has really straddled the fence on this game, trying to keep the LOTR lore people happy and the online gamer folks happy.

I'd write up a long winded review if I had the energy which I don't, suffice to say its a pretty decent game, if you play WOW and are looking for something similar, your in luck. If you are a lore person who is looking for a life as a hobbit prepare to be transported to a world much closer to the PJ movies then the books by a longshot.

I'll answer any questions I can :)

Evan

My wife signed the NDA and hasn't said a word about it online.

:naughty

She is playing as Bryseis, a level 22 Elf Hunter on Meneldor.

I didn't make a new character after the most recent wipe.

Bodie The Cursed said:
*bump for more insight*:eek:

Ok, here's a tidbit right up your alley:

You'll especially enjoy the different types of weed you can grow and smoke. There are also dev rumors that besides the various types of smoke ring shapes you can blow, you will also experience different "effects" depending on the type you smoke. Ahhh, good ole Chocolate Toby Tie, Ya mon...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IR0C3_5H3rM

:peace

Back