Maglor’s Menagerie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maglor’s Menagerie & Figure Photography

Chest bump me, com'on... do it!!!!

sports-guy-chest-bump.gif

All the cool kids are starting photography threads in the Art Show forum.

I've considered it ever since I started this thread, but didn't for these reasons:
I have debated for a while as to whether I wanted to start a "Show Your Shelves" thread or an 'Art' thread. I have a pretty small 1/6 collection compared to many here (less than 40) and my photography skills aren't great. But I love my collection and I love taking pictures of it!

Ultimately, I decided it was more about showing off the toys than the photography. That's why I take the pictures - because I love the subjects! It seems to make more sense to start a show your shelves thread. However it will serve as an all-purpose thread for my toys and toy photography. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Along the way I've taken some pictures that I'm quite proud of and I'm wondering if now's the time to start a thread showcasing them.

I would cherry-pick the best photo's (ones I like anyway) from throughout this thread at first and then I would put the more artistic highlights from upcoming photo-shoots there as well.

I would still use this as my primary thread. It will be where I update pics of my shelves, update new arrivals/purchases and it would also be where I put the long sets of pictures. I have a very hard time narrowing down my pics to a few because I fall in love with so many of them. Plus I've always liked to show off figures from many angles in various lighting (as I said in the original post - this thread was first and formost about the figures themselves). So I could still post the long sets here while really trimming the fat for the Art thread. Those of you who think the long sets are tedious could unsubscribe from this thread and just watch the art thread. Or you could all just put me on ignore. :lecture :D

What do you all think? More importantly, do you care. :exactly:

...:wave

Google seems to indicate a reference to The Exorcist. Still don't get it. :dunno

Any serious comments regarding an art thread?

Pretty sure nobody cares. :lol

Think I'm gonna do it...

Wait, so Mags. Your gonna open up a thread just for your showcases? And not post anything here but new stuff?

I'd subscribe.:)

...Pretty sure nobody cares. :lol

Yes we do Mag! :1-1:

Apart from the amazing pics you shoot, its the poses and futzing you do which, honestly, I haven't seen much on the board. You get the best out of a figure. Sure people have huge collection, maybe 400 as compared to 40, but its the way one displays stuff which makes a difference.

Once you start the 'Art' thread, I am sure people will really appreciate, learn, and get inspired :wink1: a lot from you (this being one of my all time favourite inspirations! :D):

P1150149.jpg

Back