Maglor’s Menagerie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I finally started my Art thread. If you are board by my loooong sets of pics here, you could unsubscribe from the Menagerie and subscribe to the Art Thread. I plan to use it as a 'best of' thread, so the photo sets will be much shorter. However, the 'Menagerie' will still serve as my main thread where I update the collection and post the comprehensive sets.

Anyway, here's the new thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109138

:wave

Well, I finally started my Art thread. If you are board by my loooong sets of pics here, you could unsubscribe from the Menagerie and subscribe to the Art Thread. I plan to use it as a 'best of' thread, so the photo sets will be much shorter. However, the 'Menagerie' will still serve as my main thread where I update the collection and post the comprehensive sets.

Anyway, here's the new thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109138

Nice..:clap:clap:clap

Pfft....:pfft:

TWO FACE

Part 2

IMG_6334-1.jpg

IMG_6347-1.jpg

IMG_6348-1.jpg

IMG_6352-1.jpg

IMG_6353-1.jpg

IMG_6325-1.jpg

Last edited:
Question Mags. Tonight I tried taking some photos of my various figures in the way you do, with your monitor light, in a dark room. I tried keeping my ISO at 100, and opened my exposure time to full time to let more light it. But they kept coming out almost pitch dark. I noticed It would only take the light in if I set my ISO at around 400 or so.

Am I doing this right? Or is this just normal.

You can view the photos in my thread here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96424&page=120

Also, do you have any tips of posing TF Bats? I never know what to do with his legs. :lol

Thanks for all the help this last week.
:duff

Question Mags. Tonight I tried taking some photos of my various figures in the way you do, with your monitor light, in a dark room. I tried keeping my ISO at 100, and opened my exposure time to full time to let more light it. But they kept coming out almost pitch dark. I noticed It would only take the light in if I set my ISO at around 400 or so.

Also, do you have any tips of posing TF Bats? I never know what to do with his legs. :lol

You need to keep F-stop at the lowest as well as the shutter speed so even if the ISO is at 100 you will still allow enough light to get in. But do use a tripod and keep a timer. :duff

^^^ Thanks KD & DS. :wave

Pretty sure you forgot about setting the shutter speed. Go into your menu and look for: "MIN. ___R SPEED" and set it to "1". In dark conditions the shutter will stay open for that full second. You'll find that the "Exposure" setting will not need to be all the way over like that then, and 100-200 ISO will be plenty.

I honestly don't know how the "Exposure" settings work on these PAS cameras. On a DSLR you adjust exposure by how long the shutter stays open. On the Lumix it's two separate settings - so it is confusing.

Anyway, set the "MIN. ___R SPEED" to "1" and you should be off to the races. :D

[WTF, "S.H.T." was censored. :slap]

You need to keep F-stop at the lowest as well as the shutter speed so even if the ISO is at 100 you will still allow enough light to get in. But do use a tripod and keep a timer. :duff

Sadly, there's no way to adjust aperture/f-stop on this camera.

Pretty sure you forgot about setting the shutter speed. Go into your menu and look for: "MIN. ___R SPEED" and set it to "1". In dark conditions the shutter will stay open for that full second. You'll find that the "Exposure" setting will not need to be all the way over like that then, and 100-200 ISO will be plenty.

I honestly don't know how the "Exposure" settings work on these PAS cameras. On a DSLR you adjust exposure by how long the shutter stays open. On the Lumix it's two separate settings - so it is confusing.

Thanks Mags, I'll try it out next time. :duff

[WTF, "S.H.T." was censored. :slap]

Sadly, there's no way to adjust aperture/f-stop on this camera.

Oh I thought it was a DSLR :slap

Back