Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

So Zod is/has a large metal suited droid looking thing straight out of Halo. Perhaps it's a techno suit of some kind. Underneath he has a weird "beard" long dangling tentacle type things from his chin. Pretty cool looking. Much more Sci-fi looking than any of us are expecting.

Yeah but there's no cape either there so I'm guessing the belt is just off in those shots - regarding the colour we don't know what kind of filter the movie will have so it could end up looking quite different colour wise

There is a belt. It's weedy gold and thin looking with an organic shaped buckle.

Here's the best shot so far, imo:
29964210150276215858882.jpg

Here he is with the cape:
305422_2361950972304_1356218227_2807068_3746774_n.jpg

320679_1505975105373_1714160424_782931_4592506_n.jpg

with the villainess:
321482_2361848369739_1356218227_2806990_1227215_n.jpg

Yup, that would be the big CG robot thing I saw then, and the black textured suit I mentioned the other day. Thats not Cavill's body by the way, he has a huge muscle suit underneath.

Cavil is in good shape or his neck wouldn't be so big but that said he's still sporting a muscle suit. Undecided about the suit but I did want a hint of a spit curl.

More and More for me... Look at all the changes that Batman has had... He Looked like Robocop in the last one.

With this suit the essence is there and he look buff and tough... I miss the trunks but I'll accept the lost for a decent Superman film and throwdown!

Weird...Caville sort of has a Reeve-esque profile.

Or maybe I just want to see Reeve in everything Superman.

I don't like this at all, look I am not the biggest Alex Ross fan (everyone looks the same) but would this have been so hard to bring to the screen? I mean it's Superman, he's like Mickey Mouse...totally recognizable as who he is. I don't want Superman hyper-realistic like the Dark Knight, it's not the same character.

SupermanBlueSkyPainting492.jpg

From what I understand, the recent legal fighting about rights as to who owns superman resulted in the shuster family owning the red trunks and yellow belt look, as well as the spit curl, and any variation WITHOUT those specifics being owned by DC. Hence the new look in the comics as well as in the movie.

jesus cavill is yoked! not entirely convinced its a muscle suit, but at the same time i'm not entirely convince its NOT a muscle suit. however didnt he state in an interview he was eating up to 5000 calories a day? its believable that a 6' guy can get that much muscle in the time hes had.

Looks awesome! And I'm tired of everyone always complaining btw

i never understood the fascination with reeve (mind my ignorance, maybe its because i didn't grow up around that time) sure he was a great superman but i always felt (and no disrespects) that he had an old man body physique. I thought routh was a pretty good superman too, but he was such a wimp. I really like how they portrayed superman in TAS/JL/JLU series, now THATS superman to me. Rooting for cavill though!

Back