Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I'm still surprised that no one is really complaining about the fact that Henry Cavill isn't American. First non-American to play Superman.

Why would anybody complain? If he is as good of an actor that everybody says he is, then it shouldn't matter if he's American or not...

Personally I think British actors far eclipse American actors and have no issue with them being cast in these roles. Superman is the US's most famous illegal immigrant anyway. I give credit where its due in each performance and not that there are aren't fantastic American actors but for me at least when I see a Brit cast it tells me they are going for a real performance and presence.

In those photo's Henry almost looks like Tom. Nothing wrong with that.

Where are the ____ are the glasses? :lol

Perhaps like the red trunks, the glasses disguise has also been deemed too campy and "unrealistic."

Clarkwinking.jpg

That looks like a Smallville setting. In Metropolis I''m sure he'll wear glasses.

That looks like a Smallville setting. In Metropolis I''m sure he'll wear glasses.

That pisses me off way more than the trunks. The glasses either work or they don't but the thought that he could wear them in Metropolis but not need them in Smallville is silly. I hated that aspect of Smallville that even though there were tons of pics in yearbooks, articles, etc of Clark that no one was smart enough to piece it together with the world's most famous superhero is laughable.

Oh well, I guess for me the glasses are the red trunks. :lol

Of course they are. They absolutely are. So are the fact that domino masks being any kind of disguise or that the film Batman with his eyes and 1/2 of his mouth revealed in close proximity wouldn't be found out immediately. That's one thing I liked about GL. Carol knew immediately it was Hal as it probably would be.

Either do the glasses and use things like were done in Birthright or even Morrison's All-Star arc where it's one component to his disguise or just do away with them and say that he is who he is and go that way. All of this half assed stuff drives me insane.

I'm still surprised that no one is really complaining about the fact that Henry Cavill isn't American. First non-American to play Superman.

I think people already did. They just moved on to the suit. :lol

Comic book canon or not, the glasses concept is ludicrous though it has to be said :lol

Of course it is. Superheroes are ludicrous. That's the whole point! It's fun and escapism. Glasses as a disguise, magical rings, shapeshifting Martians... never overthink this stuff.

Yeah I agree that they should either embrace it for what it is or take it another direction completely - being half assed is asking to be pooped

Back