Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One clear homage to Reeve I noticed was during one shot he was flying out in space and put his arms at his sides as he banked toward the Earth. IIRC that was an almost exact copy of a similar shot from STM.

They are saying that it was intentional:

kLTGf0B.jpg

I don't see it. Looks like Cavill looking up at light to me.

If I were to stretch it, I guess it sort of looks like Hayden Christensen as Anakin albiet the long hair.

I bet that pissed Nolan off.

Remember, you're supposed to ERASE all anknowledgement of characters played by dead actors in a franchise, not go out of your way to plug them in. :lol

The Reeve homage was intentional.

As was using wind sound FX from the George Reeves TV show in the first flight sequence (though that is much more subtle).

The Reeve homage was intentional.

As was using wind sound FX from the George Reeves TV show in the first flight sequence (though that is much more subtle).

I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I totally noticed that. It put a big silly grin on my face.

#3 is not an issue or problem at all for people who understand & appreciate the history of the Lois Lane character.

A much bigger nit than any of those is the CG tentacles stuff. Just too over-the-top and cartoony. I've always hated that.

And, for the record, I'd not only run back toward a tornado to save my dog... I'd save him before some people. :lol My main beef with that sequence is that they left the dog in the car in the first place. That's what makes it contrived, not that he'd go back.

I agree. I'd grab him right up as I got out.

I was more bothered by him standing there staring at Ka-El just a tad bit too long. He could've at least tried to run in that amount of time.

I agree. I'd grab him right up as I got out.

I was more bothered by him standing there staring at Ka-El just a tad bit too long. He could've at least tried to run in that amount of time.

I think we're supposed to believe he can't run at that point because his ankle is broken.

Yeah, it got pinned when he was in the car and another slams on top of it. And when he gets out it's twisted and he can't put any weight on that foot.

I probably would've been so full of adrenaline at that point I would've drug it or crawled. I wouldn't have made it, but I would've tried! :lol

Speaking of doggies, how's yours doing?

Back