Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, not to revive old arguments but I just saw both Superman 1 and MoS (3rd time) today, and it made my mind solid in 2 things, MoS is the best Superman movie and The old movies have an incredible amount nostalgia armor, they're just not timeless classics, they're not, I liked them just as I liked them back then, and the Clark parts are just pure gold but they have just as many if not more things to complain about in comparison with MoS, at times it seemed like I was watching a Three Stooges movie, it didn't age well, and someone said something about Margot Kidder being hotter than Amy Adams? Lol no, mhm mhm no.

But anyway, oddly enough I find both movies equally enjoyable in different ways, I still think MoS has more character development and heart but as usual, that's my opinion.

'bout to re-watch S2 for the kazillionth time.

Ok, not to revive old arguments but I just saw both Superman 1 and MoS (3rd time) today, and it made my mind solid in 2 things, MoS is the best Superman movie and The old movies have an incredible amount nostalgia armor, they're just not timeless classics, they're not, I liked them just as I liked them back then, and the Clark parts are just pure gold but they have just as many if not more things to complain about in comparison with MoS, at times it seemed like I was watching a Three Stooges movie, it didn't age well, and someone said something about Margot Kidder being hotter than Amy Adams? Lol no, mhm mhm no.

But anyway, oddly enough I find both movies equally enjoyable in different ways, I still think MoS has more character development and heart but as usual, that's my opinion.

Yeah, they're timeless classics. Hence why people still remember them today.

Imagine a threesome with 70s Margot Kidder and Carrie Fisher while you're coked out of your mind on cocaine and LSD with them. I'd love to get lost in a bush like Kidder did in the 90s.

Ain't nothing better.

Imagine a threesome with 70s Margot Kidder and Carrie Fisher while you're coked out of your mind on cocaine and LSD with them. I'd love to get lost in a bush like Kidder did in the 90s.

Ain't nothing better.

:rotfl:rotfl

If we're talking women of the time, I prefer Lynda Carter.

Carrie Fisher never made me feel funky.

Total BS, every movie has inconsistencies and production problems including the three you mention. Every single movie... the degree is just smaller or greater on some.
What, do you mean stuff like a car is in a different parking spot in shot A vs. shot B? :lol Fair enough. Yes, some films are half-thought through, sloppy messes (like Man of Steel), and on the other end of the spectrum, some are going to have very minor production inconsistencies that 99% of the viewing audience will never notice or care about because the filmmakers went to lengths to minimize such things, particularly when they were important to the story.

MOS is painfully lacking in heart, no emotional attachment to the characters.

The amazing effects, superman flying, his cape blowing, jets, Faora's agility, massive punches, destruction, all work in perfect unison to confuse my brain that i'm actually caring about these characters when in reality I am not.

Will I own it in bluray, awf cawrse.

Did it make me forget about S1/S2, awf cawrse not.

MOS is painfully lacking in heart, no emotional attachment to the characters.

The amazing effects, superman flying, his cape blowing, jets, Faora's agility, massive punches, destruction, all work in perfect unison to confuse my brain that i'm actually caring about these characters when in reality I am not.

That makes absolutely no sense, either you care for a character or you don't, how can a CGI scene "trick you" into thinking you care for a character?

I cared more for this Superman than Reeve's in Superman 1, and also the rest of the characters.

Freddy Mercury?

Yup, that one.

That makes absolutely no sense, either you care for a character or you don't, how can a CGI scene "trick you" into thinking you care for a character?

I cared more for this Superman than Reeve's in Superman 1, and also the rest of the characters.

Brains are tricky.

I used to love poking at them during my autopsy rounds.

Reeve Superman > Cavill Superman (he was good for what the script gave him though)

KNEEL Zod > Shannon Zod

Glenn Ford Pa > Costner Pa

Jackie Cooper Perry White > Earring wearing Fatburn

Jimmy Olsen > Jenny the building destruction bait

Brando looking at baby diapers for lines as he phones in his performance > Crowe riding on CGI Star Wars creatures

Amy Adams + Faora + Ursa + Margot Kidder + Carrie Fisher = Happy DiFabio

I actually don't know why I keep adding Margot Kidder. I was actually joking. :lol

Now Vicki Vale on the other hand. Ohhhhhh damn.

Back