Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
erin_gray_buck_rogers_being_eyed_up_by_twiki_zps71f5151a.jpg

Reeve Superman > Cavill Superman (he was good for what the script gave him though)

KNEEL Zod > Shannon Zod

Glenn Ford Pa > Costner Pa

Jackie Cooper Perry White > Earring wearing Fatburn

Jimmy Olsen > Jenny the building destruction bait

Brando looking at baby diapers for lines as he phones in his performance > Crowe riding on CGI Star Wars creatures

Amy Adams + Faora + Ursa + Margot Kidder + Carrie Fisher < Happy DiFabio

I like both Supes the same, they represent different ages in comics.

Shannon Zod > Siegfried and Roy Zod

Costner Pa >>>>> Glen Ford Pa

Old Perry>< New Perry, I don't know I never liked Fishburne but he did a great job in MoS.

Yeah Jimmy > Jenny

Crowe Jor-El > Brando Raver-suit Jor-El, didn't even care for Brando in S1.

Glenn Ford schools everyone who's tried to follow in his footsteps

Just that simple scene of Pa Kent having a heart attack when he's trying to keep up with Clark after giving him that talk is more powerful than leaving the dog in the car during a Tornado disaster.

Anyone who is putting Crowe over Brando for Jor-El hasn't seen the behind the scenes footage of Superman: The Movie.

He's literally just doing it for the cash and walking around talking about bagels (and how he, himself is a bagel). It's lolzy stuff. The fact that he barely cared and put in as little effort as he did and STILL makes a godly, fatherly, almost magical character speaks volumes in my eyes.

I still can't believe he made 3 million dollars for fooling around for a couple minutes on set.

Just that simple scene of Pa Kent having a heart attack when he's trying to keep up with Clark after giving him that talk is more powerful than leaving the dog in the car during a Tornado disaster.

I disagree, for me the tornado was more powerful, not cause of the CGI, but cause you could see the Clark's struggle for not being able to act.

But overall Costner Pa is way more heartwarming and fatherly than Ford's IMO.

Anyone who is putting Crowe over Brando for Jor-El hasn't seen the behind the scenes footage of Superman: The Movie.

He's literally just doing it for the cash and walking around talking about bagels. The fact that he barely cared and put in as little effort as he did and STILL makes a godly, fatherly, almost magical character speaks volumes in my eyes.

I still can't believe he made 3 million dollars for being a couple minutes on set.
I accidentally deleted my earlier post, but I do think Crowe was much better than Brando, even though I have a nostalgic connection to Brando's performance. It is a bit godly and "magical," but the one thing MOS really fails at--demonstrating heart--is one thing Crowe did much better than Brando IMO. Could well be the case that Brando did more considering the relative effort :lol But the performance is the performance, and based on that I just don't think Brando matches up to what Crowe did. Of course, part of that is no doubt the writing and direction.

Crowe was actually one of my favorite things about MoS. I liked his silly Jedi door-closing ghost bit. But that's probably because he had way more dialogue and character than Superman.

Found it.

Here's what I was talking about. It's GREAT stuff if you haven't seen it before.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvELw4_pdXQ[/ame]

I accidentally deleted my earlier post, but I do think Crowe was much better than Brando, even though I have a nostalgic connection to Brando's performance. It is a bit godly and "magical," but the one thing MOS really fails at--demonstrating heart--is one thing Crowe did much better than Brando IMO. Could well be the case that Brando did more considering the relative effort :lol But the performance is the performance, and based on that I just don't think Brando matches up to what Crowe did. Of course, part of that is no doubt the writing and direction.

The council scene from S1 blows MOS council scene away.

Back