Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

He'd make a great Jonathan Kent.
Dont see him as Perry White, he's not that old.
Its hard not to think of him in Field of Dreams (One of the greatest movies ever imo)
Standing in the cornfield or having a catch with his dad.
I'd like a scene with him tossing the ball with Clark, he's got that humble "aw gee schucks" attitude down.

(I always thought the actor who played Frasiers dad would make a great Jonathan as well)

Last edited:

Let's be honest. His character from Field of Dreams is just a younger archetype for Jonathan Kent. Perfect casting. Very optimistic for this film so far. 2/2 for casting.

John Schneider is the definitive Jonathan Kent to me. Anybody playing that character in the future has some mighty big shoes to fill, imo.

Eh, I still only see Schneider sliding over the hood of a orange Dodge Charger and shooting dynamite tipped arrows.

:slap
I swear, nobody reads the posts before them anymore.

:lecture Truth. It's one thing to repost something 50 pages back because you might have missed it in a fast moving thread, it's another thing entirely to repost something 7 posts above yours. :monkey4

I'M SORRY!!!

PETA%20sea%20kitten.jpg

Jeesh....

I hope you kids are ready. This ____ is gonna be different as hell compared to what we have seen in the past Superman movies.

(hopefully in a good way, and maybe it's needed)

More excited about this than the next Batman film. The Man of Steel is owed a good film it's been awhile since Superman II

Mortensen as Superman's New Zod?
LOTR actor reportedly under consideration for villain role in reboot.
February 25, 2011

by Jim Vejvoda

Lord of the Rings veteran Viggo Mortensen is reportedly under consideration to play the nefarious General Zod in the Superman reboot. (This despite the fact that director Zack Snyder recently denied that Zod was in the movie.)

Calling him a "person of interest" (cripes, he didn't kill someone!), The Hollywood Reporter says "Mortensen, who is still in negotiations for Universal's Snow White and the Huntsman, is said to be at the top of the list to play General Zod, the evil and super-powered scientist who was portrayed by Terence Stamp in 1980's Superman II. If Mortensen's Snow White deal doesn't close, that would potentially free him up to make Superman. Or Universal and Warner Bros. could work out his schedule and enable him to do both."
The trade adds that while no talks have taken place yet with Mortensen, he is, like Kevin Costner as Pa Kent, Warners' top choice for the role.
Snyder is also said to be meeting with actresses for the film's three key female roles. (We assume the roles to be those of Lois Lane, Ursa and Ma Kent.)

While this is some fine casting I dont want to see the 3 Phantom Zone Villains again.
Braniac or someone else who can go tot to toe with Kal El.

Last edited:
Back