Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Snyder always seems like a buffoon in interviews. That is part of the mystique, he is a geeky, gawky kind of guy. I have to say he hasn't hit a sour note with me yet, I even liked his Dawn of the Dead remake so I'm down with whatever he has planned.

Henry Cavill will be working with Mark Twight, who trained all of the actors in 300.

Snyder said, "Henry?s gonna be hitting the iron pretty hard."

good news :yess:

Snyder always seems like a buffoon in interviews. That is part of the mystique, he is a geeky, gawky kind of guy. I have to say he hasn't hit a sour note with me yet, I even liked his Dawn of the Dead remake so I'm down with whatever he has planned.

Zack is just himself in interviews. Unlike most in Hollywood, he's never bothered to get "polished" when talking to press. It drives the publicists mad, but that's just Zack and he isn't changing. It's almost always stream-of-consciousness. And there's a lot going on in that head at all times. :lol For the typical, reserved and diplomatic interviews they should go to Debbie (his wife and producing partner). She's pretty polished now.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/be0npyiLQ1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think the most important thing to remember is that Superman is the most iconic super hero of all time, even stan lee himself said without superman he wouldn't have gotten into comics.

Cavill and Singer's main challenge is to make a superman movie that people who don't read his comics, or don't even like superman would love to go see again and again.

That's what Reeve did, he made Superman a character everyone could love, it's gotten away from that a little bit, but If Cavill and Singer focus on who superman is, and what he stands for, the man of steel will stand above all again.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/be0npyiLQ1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think the most important thing to remember is that Superman is the most iconic super hero of all time, even stan lee himself said without superman he wouldn't have gotten into comics.

Cavill and Singer's main challenge is to make a superman movie that people who don't read his comics, or don't even like superman would love to go see again and again.

That's what Reeve did, he made Superman a character everyone could love, it's gotten away from that a little bit, but If Cavill and Singer focus on who superman is, and what he stands for, the man of steel will stand above all again.

Singer??? :nana:

That song reminds me of the Lois & Clark scene when Ma Kent is making all of the Super-Suits for Clark to try on.... I hope we get a scene like that without the camp!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV5pB-x5IHc
Couldn't embed :(

:exactly:..........:goodpost:........:clap......

I had completely forgotten about that part of the show. but that scene perfectly captures Superman (if in a campy way) Yes he's from Krypton but deep down he's a country boy. When he stepped out with the "S" on his chest I got that same feeling I did when I saw it as a kid that feeling of "YES! thats the man of steel!"

Zack is just himself in interviews. Unlike most in Hollywood, he's never bothered to get "polished" when talking to press. It drives the publicists mad, but that's just Zack and he isn't changing. It's almost always stream-of-consciousness.

I like it. Hollywood needs more "buffoons" :lol I've had a enough of the polished bull____ you usually see.

I am honestly nervous about no JW score in this movie (if true) It is SUPERMAN at this point no matter how you cut it. (it's just that good) I understand the need/want to go into the new and that's fine, but at least for the opening credits? Who cares what people associate it with. It's too good to matter! It would ALMOST be like starting a SW movie without the SW theme. I want some new EPIC music, but i want some old school as well. Best of both worlds too much to ask?

It occurs to me that the most memorable Superman themes have borrowed a bit from the previous versions. I can hear little bits of Fleisher theme influencing the George Reeves TV theme, and I can hear little bits of that informing the John Williams theme. The Superman Animated Series borrowed from Williams score.

I think if I can hear a similar progression in the new Superman film score it will be OK. I might find the opening credits the oddest bit to sit through because S:The Movie had the best opening credits/music EVER.

I bet the execs overseeing this film are getting nervous reading Sucker Punches reviews.

They shouldnt. One movie out of 3 good ones.

Plus, the studio and Zack both cut it down. So...

They shouldnt. One movie out of 3 good ones.

Plus, the studio and Zack both cut it down. So...

Was The Watchmen a money maker? Execs dont care about "art" or pleasing the fan boys.
It either a blockbuster or GTFO!
:horror

Did not. Forgot it existed...:lol I didnt finish it because I had to do some ____.

I ment, Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Watchmen.

Ah, but...he's already hired. So...I dont really understand what you're saying. They're not going to fire him now. He's already got it casted, already starting pre-production, moving into post.....he's locked in.

Back