Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Amy Adams, far from my first choice, I was hoping for a more sexy and seductive Lois, like Teri Hatcher... Seems like a Bolsworth decision to me.

But then again, she is one of the most talented actress about, sings and does dramatic and comedic role equally as well!

I like the choice. She reminds me a bit more of Lana Lang than Lois Lane (maybe its the red hair). Actually, she would've been my choice for Lang if Singer had made another movie or two.

She's a much better actress than Bosworth. Cute. She's older than Cavill ... but she looks younger than she is. I remember her most from Enchanted. Hopefully she'll play Lois more like Erica Durance than Margot Kidder (I could never figure what Superman saw in Kidder's Lane ... she was such a pain in the ass to Clark). Adams reminds me a bit of Durance, actually.

SnakeDoc

I think The Fighter played a big part in getting her the role. Not only can she be funny, but that movie showed how diverse she can be. Plus she's pretty hot, and ten times a better choice than Kate Boszzzzzzzzzworth

Love Adams - not who I see as Lois - but she's a great actress - not her fault she's played "soft" in more roles than she's played tough. No Durance, but I'm sure she can do justice to the role.

I think Amy Adams is great! I do remember her small role in season 1 of Smallville. But she'll always be the princess in Enchanted to me. :lol:lol

Adams was prolly the best actress available after testing. The fact that she is 36 shouldn't be a problem. My choice was Zooey Deschanel.

Last edited:

Zooey Deschanel would have been great actually but Adams is a brilliant choice. I've got a soft spot for her ( and a hard one) .

Amy Adams is a terrific actress and will do a wonderful job as Lois Lane.
so far everything looks good for this reboot.

The only thing that bothers me about Nolan being on board as producer is that if this movie rocks, people will give all the credit to Nolan. If this movie blows, then they will blame it on Snyder.

Amy Adams is a terrific actress and will do a wonderful job as Lois Lane.
so far everything looks good for this reboot.

The only thing that bothers me about Nolan being on board as producer is that if this movie rocks, people will give all the credit to Nolan. If this movie blows, then they will blame it on Snyder.

Funny they said the same thing to James Cameron when he made Aliens, they said if it was a hit, then Ridley Scott would get all the credit, but if it bombed it would be on him.

Honestly I think win, or fail it will all fall on Snyder's shoulders.

The thing is with Snyder is that knowing his track record no matter who is producing or who has their name on the credit reels, the film will look, feel and play like a Snyder film. It will be unmistakenly his regardless of how it plays.

They didn't go for a chameleon that can meld their style to fit any writer or producer, they got a director who has a particular styling to everything he does and so there shouldn't be any fears about who's shoulders the film will ride on.

My only problem with Adams is she's too "sweet" looking. Even in scenes where she's mad you kinda just want to give her a hug (no not that kind you pervs! :lol) and tell her everything will be fine. When I think of Lois Lane, I think of a chick who has a sorta "______y" look to her for lack of a better word.

My only problem with Adams is she's too "sweet" looking. Even in scenes where she's mad you kinda just want to give her a hug (no not that kind you pervs! :lol) and tell her everything will be fine. When I think of Lois Lane, I think of a chick who has a sorta "______y" look to her for lack of a better word.

You need to watch The Fighter.

I did and even when she was beating up Wahlberg's sister, I couldn't help but imagine her in the blue dress she wore in Enchanted while she whaled down of that chick. I fully expected her to giggle and apologize after words :lol

wahlberg's sister looked exactly like conan 'o brien and i totally woulda punched her in the face. :D

hey even in enchanted she grabbed a sword and threw down with a dragon,lol

Back