Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man of Steel Good Points and Bad:

Henry Cavill: Good. There was a lot of comic faithful, including myself, that were afraid cavill was chosen only for his chiseled good looks. (See Channing Tatum in GI Joe, See Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern). I am happy to say I was wrong. As Clark Kent, Cavill really shines. He embodies a confident, yet non-sleazy, grace as Clark. When he stands up for the girl at the bar, when he is just hanging out with his mom, you can feel the person he is underneath. I got chills when Clark watches his father die. As superman, I am slightly meh, cuz Snyder made him spew out action movie cliches. Not to mention the action scenes were slightly numbing, so perhaps I was not as sensitive to Cavill's performance at that point. Great job Mr. Cavill, see you in two years for the sequel!!

Action Scenes: Bad point and good point. I wanted to see a 2013 interpretation of two alien titans battling on the streets of New York. I did get to see that, but only at the end of the movie, and it only lasted six minutes!! My eyes widened and I felt over joyous for those six minutes. However the movie spends twenty minutes on the pizza box holder battle (world engine). That entire sequence was superflouous and even slightly silly. If Snyder did NOTHING else except cut those twenty minutes out, the movie would have gotten a better rating.

Potential for a sequel: Good Point. I want to see Mr. Cavill reprise his role, because he performed well. The ambiance, and general feel of this Superman world is also quite superb. I DO NOT want to see another thirty minutes of action scene vomit. Zack snyder is also fit for a sequel, but he ABSOLUTELY has to make sure the sequel flows better, puts in more heart, and less action scene vomit.

Critics Review: Can you blame them? They only rate what they see on hand, not on its potential for a sequel. The character development and the heart was in the movie, but awkwardly sequenced into the movie. The second half of the movie was action scene vomit, so its fitting they only gave this a 50-50 "so, so" rating.

My final opinion: When you buy this on dvd or blu ray, skip over the pizza box holder battle, and you will see that this movie is actually quite good. Christoper Reeve was an angel of a man. I believe he would have accepted and admired BOTH Brandon and Henry. Overall, this movie is good, and sets up a lot of potential for a sequel. (Hopefully with less action scene vomit).

Some good points, I agree wholeheartedly about the final fight being so short compared to the world machine action. When I first started reading reviews on here I thought Zod and Superman duked it out for like an hour, the reality was the 6 to 7 minutes you describe. The whole world machine thing I think made people think the final fight was really long due them blending the two scenes in their mind even though Superman wasn't even there.

The sad part is if they pared down the world machine stuff, they could have still included every Superman fight scene as shown and put in more things that the :softer side" fans wanted. ( I guess Superman coming back and combing the rubble for survivors before engaging Zod?) Then the people wanting Superman fighting and the people wanting him saving would have both gotten what they wanted in the same timeframe. In alot of ways, its like the World Machine is MoS's version of the endless runway in FF6. :lol

That's Burton's style but there was still Joker shooting Bob point blank, Batman blowing up a ton of guys, Joker gassing tons of people to death, etc. It's a pretty violent movie regardless. I think many of today's parents wouldn't want to take their kids to see if if it was released now. There seems to be a lot more sheltering of kids these days. However, I do agree that Joker hanging that fake Batman guy for example, was a lot more realistic and disturbing than anything in Burton Batman(the Penguin nose bite was pretty graphic, though). Bringing it back to Man of Steel, I think the movie wasn't really that dark or brooding and grounded in reality. The Zod neck snap wasn't worse than anything that I saw in Batman '89.

Plus, c'mon how many of us are children of the 80s? you guys had no older siblings that made you set through F13th Exorcist, etc.. with their friends just for amusement? you guys had it easy. :lol

Plus, c'mon how many of us are children of the 80s? you guys had no older siblings that made you set through F13th Exorcist, etc.. with their friends just for amusement? you guys had it easy. :lol

I made my sister watch nightmare on elm street. It scared the crap out of her. :lol

I made my sister watch nightmare on elm street. It scared the crap out of her. :lol

From all the little brothers and sisters of the world...we hate you josh. :lol

I literally had nightmares for a month after being forced to watch Salem's Lot when I was like....8. :horror
I was convinced there was a vampire in my basement.

I literally had nightmares for a month after being forced to watch Salem's Lot when I was like....8. :horror

I've heard that a few times from her. :lol

To this day she still can't watch them. It creeps her out but makes me laugh. :lol

To this day she still can't watch them. It creeps her out but makes me laugh. :lol

Hope youre ashamed of yourself, and here I thought you were a nice guy. :thwak

It just goes to show kids do the same crap and they didn't need the internet to influence them to torture their siblings. :lol

It just goes to show kids do the same crap and they didn't need the internet to influence them to torture their siblings. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I think the word I would use is proud. :nana: :rotfl:hi5:

Nah, I could torture her with ease. It was more fun doing it old school. :yess:

Man of Steel Good Points and Bad:

Henry Cavill: Good. There was a lot of comic faithful, including myself, that were afraid cavill was chosen only for his chiseled good looks. (See Channing Tatum in GI Joe, See Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern). I am happy to say I was wrong. As Clark Kent, Cavill really shines. He embodies a confident, yet non-sleazy, grace as Clark. When he stands up for the girl at the bar, when he is just hanging out with his mom, you can feel the person he is underneath. I got chills when Clark watches his father die. As superman, I am slightly meh, cuz Snyder made him spew out action movie cliches. Not to mention the action scenes were slightly numbing, so perhaps I was not as sensitive to Cavill's performance at that point. Great job Mr. Cavill, see you in two years for the sequel!!

Action Scenes: Bad point and good point. I wanted to see a 2013 interpretation of two alien titans battling on the streets of New York. I did get to see that, but only at the end of the movie, and it only lasted six minutes!! My eyes widened and I felt over joyous for those six minutes. However the movie spends twenty minutes on the pizza box holder battle (world engine). That entire sequence was superflouous and even slightly silly. If Snyder did NOTHING else except cut those twenty minutes out, the movie would have gotten a better rating.

Potential for a sequel: Good Point. I want to see Mr. Cavill reprise his role, because he performed well. The ambiance, and general feel of this Superman world is also quite superb. I DO NOT want to see another thirty minutes of action scene vomit. Zack snyder is also fit for a sequel, but he ABSOLUTELY has to make sure the sequel flows better, puts in more heart, and less action scene vomit.

Critics Review: Can you blame them? They only rate what they see on hand, not on its potential for a sequel. The character development and the heart was in the movie, but awkwardly sequenced into the movie. The second half of the movie was action scene vomit, so its fitting they only gave this a 50-50 "so, so" rating.

My final opinion: When you buy this on dvd or blu ray, skip over the pizza box holder battle, and you will see that this movie is actually quite good. Christoper Reeve was an angel of a man. I believe he would have accepted and admired BOTH Brandon and Henry. Overall, this movie is good, and sets up a lot of potential for a sequel. (Hopefully with less action scene vomit).

Mmmmmmmmmm, action scene vomit.:drool Got my 5th helping of that today, definately more room for a 6th next week.

For me, it's not so much the content in these DC superhero films that I think would bother kids....it's just all the mopey, horribly flawed superhero angle that I think might be a bit of a turn off.

I love me some flawed characters. But there needs to be a sense that these characters have it under control, despite their problems. Like, Keaton's Batman was a horribly flawed, and possibly disturbed individual....but he carried himself like he wasn't. And that worked for me as a kid, and works for me as an adult, but on a different level all together.

Content doesn't mean anything. When I was a kid and the villain didn't
die at the end, I was always angry. KILL HIM! HE'LL COME BACK AND DO MORE BAD THINGS! :rock :lol

Yep. :lol

Kids don't pick up on that. Kids just see a cool guy doing cool things. Look how cool he is! What a cool dude!

Yeah you're right, I didn't even notice how sick Keaton was until someone pointed it out on a video :lol

batmanshock.jpg

Back