Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took Dad to see this today and he really enjoyed it. His main complaint was the battle sequence was a little too long. That's my one complaint of the film. He said he'd give it an 8/10.

Seeing it again today confirmed for me this is by far the best movie I've seen this summer and in the year so far. I really love everything about this movie.

I still think MOS got a fire started for the character which is what was needed. Supes still needs a well thought out update and while I see them filling in details, they don't quite gel at least for me.

Alfred cried in Batman and Robin, then hugged Bruce Clooney.

There's a difference between crying like an old man and blubbering like an old woman. Couldn't stand Alfred in TDKR. He's not guilting me for wanting to see Batman do what he does!

Not sure if this has been brought up but I saw this on another website. This is where Zod left his armor:

RnYuBIY.png

I wonder if the end result will be something like this:

Lex_Luthor.jpg

He should be both, but not all in the same film. And he doesn't need to be revealed as a villain in the next film, either.

That said, I'm not yet privy to what Goyer has planned. Hopefully, he'll just steal stuff from the source material like he always does and uses Justice League Unlimited as his source. :lol

I really don't want to see Luthor as a super-powered/super-suited guy. He has to be mastermind pulling the strings behind some other physical threat.

There could be other ways to incorporate it, though. Perhaps John Henry Irons is the foreman on the site, and he retrieves the armor before anyone else gets there. Or, maybe, Luthor, along with the US Government, reverse engineers the alloy to create Metallo?

I really don't want to see Luthor as a super-powered/super-suited guy. He has to be mastermind pulling the strings behind some other physical threat.

I'm fine with him using it at the end as a desperate last resort move to prevent superman from taking him to jail.

I don't care if Luthor wears his power suit at some point (in fact, it'd be a nice change of pace from previous live action Luthors) as long as the Level 12 intellect part of his character is established first.

Just finished watching the movie again.
I just freaking love it.
It got ballzzz! It got heart! its great!

Here is a great interview of the storyboard artist Jay Oliva, lots of interesting stuff on how they done the action scenes and how the whole collatearl dmage thing has been touched and all
https://voicesfromkrypton.net/man-of-steel-exclusive-storyboard-artist-jay-oliva-part-1/

Still 2 things are bugging me
Why Zod ask for Lois Lane? I can't find a reason...
Did the family at grand central was saved? There is no shot of them and the way Kal snaps Zod's neck you can almost think its too late...

Agreed.

I also bet you will see Luthor getting ahold of some Kryptonian technology that allows his business to grow ten-fold. Hence, allowing him to be the mastermind behind some other threat for Superman (i.e. Metallo).

I've had some people say they want to see Darkseid but I feel he'd be better kept for a Justice League film in the future. I think establishing Luthor as a character should be part of the second MoS movie but not as the main villain. Have him as the puppetmaster behind some other threat like Metallo or Parasite or Bizarro, etc.

Amazing Spider-man has done this well. Norman Osborn will show up in the second flick but his "presence" is felt all over the first one. Man of Steel 2 should have Luthor's presence at the very least.

Agreed.

I also bet you will see Luthor getting ahold of some Kryptonian technology that allows his business to grow ten-fold. Hence, allowing him to be the mastermind behind some other threat for Superman (i.e. Metallo).

I've had some people say they want to see Darkseid but I feel he'd be better kept for a Justice League film in the future. I think establishing Luthor as a character should be part of the second MoS movie but not as the main villain. Have him as the puppetmaster behind some other threat like Metallo or Parasite or Bizarro, etc.

Amazing Spider-man has done this well. Norman Osborn will show up in the second flick but his "presence" is felt all over the first one. Man of Steel 2 should have Luthor's presence at the very least.

Yeah, this is what i'd like to see.

Luthor wearing a suit would just come off very Iron Man'ish. And not in a good way.

Yeah, Luthor was in the green power suit a lot, way before Iron Man. Plus, it's also nostalgic to those who grew up with the Secret Powers figures. It's a big, established part of the character's history that also allows him to go toe-to-toe with Superman on occasion.

Back