Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, got me confused there. Thought he was talking about a character.

It's a way of saying that the whole Rises movie wan't good. Ok.

Actually, I liked it, but I confess I don't care much for the Batman character and concept. I developed a strong aversion towards Batman in general due to lots of things that were done with him in the comics, so it's nice seeing a heroic version of him, after so long. Even if it's outside of comics.

What I don't understand is at the end of the Dark Knight Batman took the fall for killing Harvey Dent, thereby making it seem that he's a vigilant that kills. But then after doing all that and setting up some good conflict between him and the police, he just quits. The writers of Dark knight Rises missed a great opportunity for a great follow up story.

What I don't understand is at the end of the Dark Knight Batman took the fall for killing Harvey Dent, thereby making it seem that he's a vigilant that kills. But then after doing all that and setting up some good conflict between him and the police, he just quits. The writers of Dark knight Rises missed a great opportunity for a great follow up story.

Follow up story? Nolan wanted to end it so he ended it no reason to do a follow up just reboot no point in continuing Nolan's films.

Follow up story? Nolan wanted to end it so he ended it no reason to do a follow up just reboot no point in continuing Nolan's films.

Yeah follow up the dark knight with a better story. Dark Knight rises just didn't do it for me.

DKR was really embarrassing.
Some badly done adaptation of Miller's DKR.
If only the action was trully epic. Felt like a big class hbo movie of the week.
Both fights bane vs bats looked better on the paparazzi spy videos than on screen.
And Batman quitting felt so... Wrong...
Im no batfan or anything but it didnt sounded real for the character.
And all the inconcistencies in the script.
I had friends who are serious movie buff, and they hated Nolan approach since day one because they said "its acting as if it was intelligent, smart and all but its actually pretty regular, it has most of the cliché, and easy writing you see in every big blockbusters" i was like "no you're being harsh, yes people are giving maybe to much credit especially on the directing style, and yes they are bad stuff but come on its like the best out there" boy i was so disapointed after DKR and became very warry of anything Nolan will do from now on.
sorry for the off topic :)

Last edited:
Even though I disagree with a lot of what I'm reading, I'm not going to say anything else on the matter, because this is the MAN OF STEEL thread, as in SUPERMAN, not TDKR, not Batman; Superman. That being said, I love how everyone has to get their TDKR potshots in before we can get back on topic.:lol

Sorry, saw it very recently only.
I'll be glad to discuss it in the proper thread...
Well i dont think i would add anything else to what i've said lol
:)

Zack i want my extended cutttttttttt!!!

Dark Knight Rises seems more polarizing to me, because it has its hardcore supporters and hardcore detractors that Nolan has developed over the years for various reasons. Despite the RT scores or whatever, I think more opposition to Superman is muted because people just sort of think it was average, but nothing to get angry about. Zach Snyder leads to lowered expectations IMO. That's how I am anyway. Disappointed, but not pissed off. So it's not so much a polarization as a sizable group of people thinking it is a'aight, and a lot of people thinking it is "meh."

:goodpost::exactly:

TDKR topped it :dunno

Riiight.

Joker_gif_7.gif

If he put a question mark after it, then yes, he'd have been right. :lol

It's never that simple with the Boid.

I forgot what Alfred looked like without tears and crying. Tank a you bic boi batfan.

Back