Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear lord no.

MoS II should be a sequel to MoS and not a rushed co-op. Set up the elements sure, but do not pull the trigger so early. Time needs to pass and a hunger, an appreciation and anticipation for this new this-MoS-world-does-have-metahumans-in-it Batman needs to grow or it will just not work.

I guess WB thinks that the only way that it can make money like the Avengers is by pairing up their 2 most famous characters. Marvel seemed to have a plan with the Avengers. WB seems to be throwing darts at a board and hoping they hit a bullseye.

Grrrr....no more MOS viewings in the theater for me...it's out of the theaters in my area.

Oh well. ...have to wait for the BR now.....

I guess WB thinks that the only way that it can make money like the Avengers is by pairing up their 2 most famous characters. Marvel seemed to have a plan with the Avengers. WB seems to be throwing darts at a board and hoping they hit a bullseye.

Marvel seemed to have a plan because you waited longer between movies but the actual production Time was probably shorter that this world ´s finest.
Not the first attempt to the team up, not the first scripts either and 2 year until release so i dont think its rushed or anything. This is nt Fox with their xmen3.
Now i would have prefered to see another full MoS sequel with some big cameo but...

Bit late to the party, but I finally saw this. Loved it. While I certainly could have done with less mind-numbing action at the end, I thought the majority of the movie actually had plenty of emotional depth and gravity and thus came out well-balanced. Don't know why people are acting like the whole thing was loaded with fight scenes; it really wasn't. The flashback sequences, the scenes on Krypton, Supes breaking the sound barrier for the first time, those hit me pretty hard. Rather than attempting to switch genres for widespread appeal, it embraced its comic book roots without becoming cheesily melodramatic. It satisfied my need for a geekfest as well as my need for a great work of film. Blew me away, some of the moments in this.

In summary, the strength of 'Man of Steel' -- at least in my opinion -- is that it didn't have to become a gritty, modern crime thriller like TDK in order to work. Here we have something that is still a traditional superhero movie that also feels like something more.

In summary, the strength of 'Man of Steel' -- at least in my opinion -- is that it didn't have to become a gritty, modern crime thriller like TDK in order to work. Here we have something that is still a traditional superhero movie that also feels like something more.

I think we must have seen different movies. What was there about it that was in anyway traditional? It's colour is faded out to almost non-existence, there's shaky cam, an incoherent story, both zero character development and redundant characters, idiotic dialogue (Yes "...we have no morals" Faora...I'm looking at you), a stilted and unbelievable love interest, and a super disregard for human safety from the hero, and it was as shallow as an empty puddle on a scorching hot day in the Sahara.

Yes, totally traditional. If by "tradition" you mean "things that happened as far back as last Tuesday week."

WB will never catch up to Marvel no matter what else happens at this point

Ink is right.

Don't know how important catch up really matters but think about how many Marvel characters have been together up on the big screen going back to Blade 1 in 1998.

Now think about DC going back to 1998.

Not even close.

Last edited:
Ink is right.

Don't know how important catch up really matters but think about how many Marvel characters have been together up on the big screen going back to Bade 1 in 1998.

Now think about DC going back to 1998.

Not even close.

Including Watchmen?

First they need good writers and good ideas. And making movies that are about someone other than Batman and Superman.

They might if they release a Flash movie a year after audiences have already seen two versions of Quicksilver.
Yeah, the kids will be so angry at DC for giving us that lame Quicksilver wannabe Flash. Would have been awesome if Marvel had done a Squadron Supreme movie before a Justice League movie got off the ground just to completely screw with WB.

Don;t worry about catching up. Just make good movies.
If that's WB's mantra, then they aren't exactly hitting the ground running considering Man of Steel.

Back