Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we must have seen different movies. What was there about it that was in anyway traditional? It's colour is faded out to almost non-existence, there's shaky cam, an incoherent story, both zero character development and redundant characters, idiotic dialogue (Yes "...we have no morals" Faora...I'm looking at you), a stilted and unbelievable love interest, and a super disregard for human safety from the hero, and it was as shallow as an empty puddle on a scorching hot day in the Sahara.

Yes, totally traditional. If by "tradition" you mean "things that happened as far back as last Tuesday week."

Traditional in the sense that at the end of the day, it's still a movie about a superhero that can fly and beat up bad guys. It wasn't like Superman meets TDK, it was a comic book movie plain and simple. Gritty but not shooting for the illusion of realism.

And I'd disagree with you on the character development and incoherent story. The faded colors too, for that matter. I'll concede a little on the disregard for human safety but it looked as though most of those buildings were emptied and the humans were already moving away from the terraforming devices, which is where most of the action between Supes and Zod took place. Other than that, I must say a lot of the negative points you make about the film are loaded with hyperbole. "Idiotic," "non-existence," "incoherent,"... judging by these words, we probably did in fact see different movies. To each their own, I guess. With the exception of the Nolan trilogy, I genuinely believe that MoS was a better-quality film than the other stuff we've seen lately (not that that's saying much, considering Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Green Lantern, etc.).

Last edited:
If WB wanna play catch up with Marvel's avengers, then they should bring back Bale as Batman for the next MoS flick. Just like how Marvel squeezed in Downey from the realism universe of IM 1 and 2 to the aliens, magic, gods etc in avengers.

Heck, Wayne can even do something similar with Alfred while looking at the monitor in batcave of superman flying etc, like what stark did with Jarvis something along the line of "I'm seeing it, but I'm still trying to believe it"

If WB wanna play catch up with Marvel's avengers, then they should bring back Bale as Batman for the next MoS flick. Just like how Marvel squeezed in Downey from the realism universe of IM 1 and 2 to the aliens, magic, gods etc in avengers.

Heck, Wayne can even do something similar with Alfred while looking at the monitor in batcave of superman flying etc, like what stark did with Jarvis something along the line of "I'm seeing it, but I'm still trying to believe it"

When I read comments that Bale's Batman wouldn't fit it, it makes no sense to me why.

When I read comments that Bale's Batman wouldn't fit it, it makes no sense to me why.

They need a fresh face to keep things moving forward.

Bale's time had it's run - he's not the be all.

Plus - I don't want to see that ugly as **** suit, in any of the future films AGAIN!!! :lol

They need a fresh face so they control the character, as opposed to downey, which by now 'owns' tony stark. :lol

I just think that if they could bring Bale back, they dont have to reboot batman again. Plus the fan base is already there.

I'm ok with moving on, i'm not delusional about Bale having said "thanks but no thanks", i'm just saying that had they gone that route, he would've fit in just fine within the context of MOS, Nolan had his hand in both series, of course he would've fit in, Gotham in Nolan's series was no different than Metropolis in MOS.

Same realistic bull ****. :lol

So now give me a gay midget black Batman movie or GTFO.

"I want you to remember, Clark... in all the years to come, and in all your most private moments... I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Picture Bale saying that (in his silly Batman voice) without dying from :lol

And that's just the aesthetics. The Bale/Nolan Batman also lacks the aspect of the character that's a detective with a plan who is always several steps ahead of everyone else.

What "realism universe" in Iron Man 1 and 2? Iron Man was intended to be in the Marvel cinematic universe from the very beginning, and it was never entirely realistic. Hence, the appearance of Nick Fury in the very first Iron Man film to foreshadow the Avengers. Iron Man was not retroactively worked into the Marvel movie universe as an afterthought, he was the cornerstone it was built on. As is Man of Steel for the DC cinematic universe. Thank you for playing.

Only fanboys think this is some kind of race.

Indeed. I've always found that aspect of the discussions in here (and in the media at large) to be pointless and irritating. Makes me skim posts until it passes....

I'm going to remain hopeful that Synder and the rest of the creative forces are coming up with something that works as a good "next step" for MOS.

Yes, I wanted a good "stand alone" follow up...MOS does warrant that...it ended with the "next step" ready to be taken with all of the characters and situations introduced in that film.

Is adding a powerful, attention-demanding character like Batman to the mix part of that "next step"? Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'm certainly interested to see where Snyder et al are going to take this....

Indeed. I've always found that aspect of the discussions in here (and in the media at large) to be pointless and irritating. Makes me skim posts until it passes....

I'm going to remain hopeful that Synder and the rest of the creative forces are coming up with something that works as a good "next step" for MOS.

Yes, I wanted a good "stand alone" follow up...MOS does warrant that...it ended with the "next step" ready to be taken with all of the characters and situations introduced in that film.

Is adding a powerful, attention-demanding character like Batman to the mix part of that "next step"? Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'm certainly interested to see where Snyder et al are going to take this....

Quite frankly, I don't really care if the DC cinematic universe ever has another standalone solo film that only features one superhero again. I wouldn't mind looking at this as one big Justice League series, with crossovers galore. There's no rules here. Who's to say that the next film after this isn't Batman/Wonder Woman/Superman? Or, maybe even just Wonder Woman/Superman? I wouldn't mind that at all, as long as the movies are good. I think DC has spent long enough muddling around in the muck of isolated, realistic universes and spectacular one-shot fails. It's time to give us a real shared universe, and take that concept to a new level. Why rely on Marvel's format when we can outdo them? Think outside of the box, people.

Back