Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was implied several times c'mon, I don't see any fanboyism in his post, just knowledgeable opinion.

Go back and doublecheck. I see people saying they would've liked to have seen him rescuing people during the battle. Nobody said he had to save everyone, nor implied it for that matter. The "U GYZ EXPUCT HERM TO SAVE EVERONEZZZZ" is the hyperbolic counter by the fanboys who thought MoS flawless.

Looked a lot like more of the same "You are an idiot if you don't agree with my odd theory/delusional or arbitrary belief" to me. But that's just me.

Which is essentially what you pop in to troll every other day with your "TLDR HATERS." :wave

I thought of the perfect moment; he's just defeated the Kryptonians, he's about to kiss Lois, and his super hearing kicks in; "excuse me for a second." Helps some people and comes back before she can blink.:lecture

Which is essentially what you pop in to troll every other day with your "TLDR HATERS." :wave

Sorry.... not really sorry. Oops. You are one of the worst with the "everyone who does not agree with me is a stone cold idiot" attitude.

You have spent dozens of pages both in this thread and others inveighing against this film. I read your arguments the first dozen times; now its tldr.

Implications shouldn't be in a Superman movie.

cr3z.jpg

MOS was a very narrow superhero action film that set out to prove how physically powerful Superman was. They certainly accomplished that and it garnered just enough money to justify a sequel with Batman in it. However, in doing so Snyder certainly had to dumb down everything else surrounding the action for action's sake. Neither DC nor WB seem to have the vision that Marvel had going into the last decade.

For all the attention Batman gets, every other character in the DC universe is treated like a red-headed stepchild. Forget the Justice League, these guys don't have the talent to make it happen.

Go back and doublecheck. I see people saying they would've liked to have seen him rescuing people during the battle. Nobody said he had to save everyone, nor implied it for that matter. The "U GYZ EXPUCT HERM TO SAVE EVERONEZZZZ" is the hyperbolic counter by the fanboys who thought MoS flawless.

I suppose you don't remember people complaining about people dying.

But continue to dismiss my argument as a fanboy counter, I've already said MoS perfect and I'm still saying some of you implied what you implied.

MOS was a very narrow superhero action film that set out to prove how physically powerful Superman was. They certainly accomplished that and it garnered just enough money to justify a sequel with Batman in it. However, in doing so Snyder certainly had to dumb down everything else surrounding the action for action's sake. Neither DC nor WB seem to have the vision that Marvel had going into the last decade.

For all the attention Batman gets, every other character in the DC universe is treated like a red-headed stepchild. Forget the Justice League, these guys don't have the talent to make it happen.

I fear you just might be correct. Which is A SAD WASTE of the DCU's character stable.

Don't mix up management and talent, though. DC superhero movies, I feel, have largely suffered from bad management decisions, and many have been plagued by a lack of talent or hampered creativity because management didn't want to invest heavily in the superhero genre, or wanted something different from a true-to-the-comic-book superhero film. Basically, WB has suffered from a lack of faith in superhero movies, much less cinematic universes that showcase their second-stringers. Now that Avengers, and the rest of Marvel's stable, in general, have been wildly successful, I would imagine that WB has seen the light, at least from a financial perspective, and will pull out all stops as far as bringing in quality talent and staying out of their way. Whether or not they can plan for the long term, and execute those plans successfully the way that Marvel has, remains to be seen.

Don't mix up management and talent, though. DC superhero movies, I feel, have largely suffered from bad management decisions, and many have been plagued by a lack of talent or hampered creativity because management didn't want to invest heavily in the superhero genre, or wanted something different from a true-to-the-comic-book superhero film. Basically, WB has suffered from a lack of faith in superhero movies, much less cinematic universes that showcase their second-stringers. Now that Avengers, and the rest of Marvel's stable, in general, have been wildly successful, I would imagine that WB has seen the light, at least from a financial perspective, and will pull out all stops as far as bringing in quality talent and staying out of their way. Whether or not they can plan for the long term, and execute those plans successfully the way that Marvel has, remains to be seen.

Trust me, I would never confuse management for talent with WB. That's the problem! Nobody over there seems to have the killer instinct for anything other than Batman. Now that Affleck is cast as Batman, I'm starting to think they've lost it completely. :lol

The amount of tears collected this summer between Superman's neck snapping/callous attitude, Affleck's ascension to Dark Knighthood and Trevors surprise in IM3 have probably set a record for making grown men weep like little girls. :lol

Definitely the evil triad to fanbois everywhere. :clap

The amount of tears collected this summer between Superman's neck snapping/callous attitude, Affleck's ascension to Dark Knighthood and Trevors surprise in IM3 have probably set a record for making grown men weep like little girls. :lol

Definitely the evil triad to fanbois everywhere. :clap

All corporate lies! :cuss

s.

So thats what MoS is all about. To show how he really cannot save everyone, its impossible, and there will be consequences because not everyone will trust him. T

Cool. So WHY MAKE A SUPERMAN MOVIE THEN? If you're not going to have him do the ONE thing that makes him who he is....then what's the ****ing point?

I get that people think Superman is "teh gayz lolz" but seriously....he has one super important function as a character. And that's to save people. All the time. You can have him failing, but you NEED to have him winning. This film is too damn depressing and dour to feel good afterwards. He breaks a guy's neck, screams, and millions of people die.

Uh. Yey? It's almost just like the ending of Watchmen the movie. If they killed Adrian. Yeah, the movie ends, and people move on...but the ending is ****ing dour, because millions of people died for so little. Except one man's twisted fantasies.

The fact that he can't save every single one doesn't mean he can't save the situation or save the world, as fast as he is he's not omnipresent and can't reverse time :lol Not even Reeve's Supes could've saved everyone if he didn't have that dumb gimmick. What's the point? Is that a real question? Yes he does have that function, and he fulfills such function. And it's nothing like Watchmen, not a bit.

The original film set up the idea he can save anyone from anything, except death. That was the point. He can snatch you up when you're falling, he'll help you if your plane is going down, he will save you if you're being mugged....ect..

But if you die, something so natural....Superman, the most powerful being on the planet, cannot do a damn thing. Especially when you're conflicted between two different scenarios. Your love, or hundreds of people. Spinning back the world is just fun stuff, to keep the film from not being a dour piece of crap. But the idea, and theme's of mortality shown from a being who is basically immortal still stands strong.

Back