Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:
Definitely a tragic figure. He wasn't just some guy looking for power, he had a purpose and he loved his people. Then he went crazy. Thats why I would love to see a Jor-El movie and see how he and Zod used to be friends and share the same ideas and then see how Zod changed.

That would make a fantastic story, and it could help explain the codex thingy.

This is why I like this Zod better, it's multilayered, not unidimensional and cliché at all.

He's as much a villain as a tragic figure, and the despotic undertones of the character are much more subtle.

Zod and Faora made the show for me. Zod gets a lot of hate though, I just don't see it. :(

Zod and Faora made the show for me. Zod gets a lot of hate though, I just don't see it. :(

Me neither, his performance was fantastic.

And Faora was a man eater :drool: she didn't say much but she turned into one of my favorite female characters next to Lisbeth Salander :yess:

Pure badassery.

yeah... crazy, me checking out a thread to a movie I enjoyed and tripping over your tears in the process. Keep up the trolling, brah! :clap

I'm actually discussing issues I had with the film, i.e. posting on topic. You? You're trolling my posts trying to pick a fight and derail the thread because for some reason it chaffs the hell out of your sphincter that I didn't like the film. :wave

Me neither, his performance was fantastic.

And Faora was a man eater :drool: she didn't say much but she turned into one of my favorite female characters next to Lisbeth Salander :yess:

Pure badassery.

I think you know my feelings about Lisbeth:).

Faora was awesome!!! I kind of hope she is still alive. She has to be, they were just sent back to the Phantom Zone. The explosion shouldnt have killed her.

She's easily my favorite comic book movie female character. That scene her fighting Superman and the Military, just LOVED IT!!! Her quickness was really cool. Really great idea to show how quick she was. Funny Snyder was known for his slow motion scenes, and here he made her super fast. Just Awesome!! :)

I think you know my feelings about Lisbeth:).

Faora was awesome!!! I kind of hope she is still alive. She has to be, they were just sent back to the Phantom Zone. The explosion shouldnt have killed her.

She's easily my favorite comic book movie female character. That scene her fighting Superman and the Military, just LOVED IT!!! Her quickness was really cool. Really great idea to show how quick she was. Funny Snyder was known for his slow motion scenes, and here he made her super fast. Just Awesome!! :)

I want her to be alive as well, and returns later, she could be Supes main kryptonian foe now that Zod's arguably dead (apart from the far future doomsday), technically she should be alive.

And do I know your feelings about Lisbeth? :lol I don't remember :slap

I'm actually discussing issues I had with the film, i.e. posting on topic. You? You're trolling my posts trying to pick a fight and derail the thread because for some reason it chaffs the hell out of your sphincter that I didn't like the film. :wave

Hate to break it to you, genius, but I quoted to Abake, who quoted K80, you then quoted me and trolled my post. I never responded to you until you "jumped" in and responded to my post, so whatever I said that offended you , you must have identified with what you were doing.

Cause people still wailing about a movie they didn't enjoy months later makes sense. :lol

I also find it extremely odd that people tend to "hang out" in a thread relating to a film they absolutely HATED. :dunno I understand posting why you (not you specifically, just those this relates too) didn't like it and even wanting to discuss the flaws you had with it personally, but months later? :cuckoo: We get it, you didn't like it, but why try and hinder other's enjoyment because they did?

I also find it extremely odd that people tend to "hang out" in a thread relating to a film they absolutely hated. :dunno I understand posting why you (not you specifically, just those this relates too) didn't like it and even wanting to discuss the flaws you had with it personally, but months later? :cuckoo: We get it, you didn't like it, but why try and hinder other's enjoyment because they did?

Try finding me in a thread of a movie I hate daily for months.

Nam does have a point, he is discussing the movie, even if it is the same regugitated crap he was posting a week ago, a month ago and many months ago. :lol

The irony (or actually hypocrisy) is strolling over to the Agents of Shield thread and seeing him throw baby fits over people who just watched an episode, having criticism of the episodes (which most of the viewers do) and seeing him explode and accuse people of trolling. :lol

Apparently its not okay in his opinion to give thoughts on something you watched an hour ago or yesterday, but its great to linger in a thread insulting a movie for months on end. :cuckoo:

This is why I like this Zod better, it's multilayered, not unidimensional and cliché at all.

He's as much a villain as a tragic figure, and the despotic undertones of the character are much more subtle.

Definitely a tragic figure. He wasn't just some guy looking for power, he had a purpose and he loved his people. Then he went crazy. Thats why I would love to see a Jor-El movie and see how he and Zod used to be friends and share the same ideas and then see how Zod changed.

There is a saying I heard that fits Zod perfectly..."the most terrifying villains are the ones that think they are the good guy and are convinced they are doing the right thing and will stop at nothing to do it and then get lost in their own madness."

Yeah, what's up with that? he calls everyone a troll :lol

The problem is (and this is just my take on Nam) hes like a Frankenstein's Monster.

Hes 1/3 mad genius, 1/3 cool dude, and 1/3 certified crazy, it just makes for an interesting cocktail, and probably a molotov cocktail at that. :lol

j/k Nam :monkey3

kinda

There is a saying I heard that fits Zod perfectly..."the most terrifying villains are the ones that think they are the good guy and are convinced they are doing the right thing and will stop at nothing to do it and then get lost in their own madness."

:clap

I like that, and I didn't see Zod as a "true villain" until the end when he obviously lost it.

I think he and Gladiator Superman daddy were like the opposite sides of a coin and I think he truly regretted having to kill him, even though he later didn't seem bothered by it at all, I thought that scene on the ship seemed inconsistent when he was tlaking to ghost dad, maybe it was cause it was nothing but a construct, but at the beginning he seemed to respect him I thought.

The ones who think their actions are justified, :exactly:

:clap

I like that, and I didn't see Zod as a "true villain" until the end when he obviously lost it.

I think he and Gladiator Superman daddy were like the opposite sides of a coin and I think he truly regretted having to kill him, even though he later didn't seem bothered by it at all, I thought that scene on the ship seemed inconsistent when he was tlaking to ghost dad, maybe it was cause it was nothing but a construct, but at the beginning he seemed to respect him I thought.

Shannon gets to play a lot of characters who are like this, thats why he one of my favorite actors right now. When they announced he was Zod, I was so psyched.

'Take Shelter', "The Iceman', 'Boardwalk Empire' he is absolutely amazing, and plays these really complex characters that tend to be bad or troubled characters that you can't help but love, feel for, and pull for, no matter how bad they are. He did it with Zod in a lot of ways. Deep down there was a great warrior and so proud of his race and culture, but he lost it when they were about to be wiped out. Can't blame him in a lot of ways. But he was too far gone at the end of MoS, he had to be destroyed, and Kal knew it. And in some ways he takes on Zod's pain because Zod killed his friend Jor-El and was haunted by it.....I hope with Kal, him killing Zod will haunt him as well. I hope they add that into the next films at some point.

Back