Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Much improved over the SR suit. Loving the big, retro S shield and the cape. I'm hoping that he's got the shorts and that it's a bit lighter. I never was down with the darkness of the SR suit. The gold belt does look like the new comic design though.

and for those hating the texture - that's the movies and HD - you have to have texture to a suit like this - the spandex just doesn't cut it any more. I still like the suit on the fanart I posted more.

I'm fine with texture in general, just not the look of this texture in particular. Something a bit more subdued would be fine... This looks like golf ball dimples.

I think it looks great... And I cannot wait to see a full shot of the suit... I reckon that Cavill looks exactly like a contemporary Superman... Or a 90's Superman at least...
Superman%20Reign%20of%20the%20Supermen%2081.JPG

Even in MadMen there are times he puts on reading glasses and I'm like "there's Clark Kent. There's the next Superman!!!"

I thought that from day 1 when I first watched MadMen.

People asked him about it in interviews a lot too...

In the words of Mad Men's Henry Crane: "Draper? Who knows anything about that guy? No one's ever lifted that rock. He could be Batman for all we know." With that being said, I still think Jon would be a great Bruce Wayne once Nolan's run ends. An older, more experienced Batman? I'd take that. Hamm plays Bruce pretty much every week on Mad Men, so I'm still hoping.

I'd love an older Bats series

More than anything though (depending on what happens at the end of TDK Rises), I'd love for Nolan to do a film 15 yrs down the line with the same cast - The Dark Knight Returns..

But I digress

This pic has me pumped for this film

New Joker though. Also, Morphosis, your poster is from a guy named SkinnyGlasses on comicbookmovie.com

I agree I never liked the reeve suit and it reminded me of a holloween costume, this suit however looks up to date and very stylish. I like it.

79902_gal.jpg

Looks great! It appears to be the best representation of the costume so far. My only problem with this movie is that I wish they would use some better villains. Over and over again with Lex Luthor and Zod. Where the hell is Brainiac, Darkseid or even the Parasite?

I know right ? I really hope and pray they make lex luther menacing and not some stupid goofy guy . I really hope he is actually a freaking threat. As for zod . Well I dont really no much about him.

The more I hear and see about this film the more the words epic and fail come to mind

Just like the SM thread seems half are excited as hell and the other half doomsayers.

I really like the suit, but unfortunately, I can't say that about the actor in the suit. I'm sure he can pull off the Supes persona, but he just doesn't look like Superman, in my opinion.

I'm sure (and hope) he can sway me once I see this film pull together with supporting cast, etc. As of this screen-shot, I'm underwhelmed.

I think the suit looks great and this Superman looks like he's ready to kick somebody's ass--Zod. Plus, Supes looks like he isn't ashamed of being Superman. He's all assertive looking maybe because he feels totally confidant in the suit and with his powers. This is going to be a helluva Hot Toys figure my friends.

I guess Goyer & Nolan writing the script, Nolan and his wife producing the film, and great Academy Award Winning actors isn't enough for you. :dunno

And in someways the script is more important than the director. You need a great story first. Directors sometimes get too much credit. The entire team creating & producing this film is incredibly strong, they want to get this right!. Im sure Nolan will oversee a lot of whats going on.

I am well aware of the three standard stages of film production. Thank you. Nolan, his brother, and Goyer are all phenomenal creative influences, and I am certain they have crafted a terrific concept and screenplay. However at the end of the day it will be Snyder adapting from the page, and putting him behind the camera concerns me. I find myself continually losing faith in his abilities and creative decisions. The man essentially is only concerned with what looks "cool" and little else in the way of emotion, audience to character identification, or any other type of substance. I'm sure Nolan will occasionally peek in on the production, probably the editing room as well, but the fact is of the matter is he will be far too busy with The Dark Knight Rises to give this the attention it deserves. Both films have deadlines from the same studio, and I guarantee you, Batman will get the majority of his attention. Rightfully so, of course.

I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong, but I'm predicting an underwhelming film. I'm sure it will look "cool", but I'm not expecting much else. Regarding the cast, aside from Costner and Crowe, the remaining players bore me. :peace

Much improved over the SR suit. Loving the big, retro S shield and the cape. I'm hoping that he's got the shorts and that it's a bit lighter. I never was down with the darkness of the SR suit. The gold belt does look like the new comic design though.

and for those hating the texture - that's the movies and HD - you have to have texture to a suit like this - the spandex just doesn't cut it any more. I still like the suit on the fanart I posted more.

QFT brother. QFT.

Back