MarfMaster's Mix *LOTS of New Stuff* :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Malcolm Reynolds*

So a few weeks ago, I got the idea in my head that I would be selling my Malcolm Reynolds figure. I decided to put together a custom box with the help of Denny Kim and Corrose, and in doing so...gave myself too much time to talk myself out of it. :slap Here are pics of the figure and box, the ones that will be used in the sale thread if I ultimately decide to let him go.

Tip for painlessly parting with a figure: Don't start watching the source material.

_MG_6709_zps2a4ec05f.jpg

_MG_6708_zps78a5d246.jpg

_MG_6705_zps3c173810.jpg

_MG_6704_zps57a8a3e5.jpg

_MG_6702_zps92d403b5.jpg

Back of box

_MG_6714_zps41b133b4.jpg

:drool

Such a stunning figure Dane! Surprised you would let this one go.

That box really adds to it also :clap

What are you making space for?

Not that it will be enough space :lol...but Vince, Jules, Harry, Lloyd, Blondie, Joker, The Bride, and maybe C3PO and R2. When I saw OMG's pics of the die-cast 3PO, I decided it's that one or nothing...of course that makes the pair of droids more costly than I was anticipating.

:drool

Such a stunning figure Dane! Surprised you would let this one go.

That box really adds to it also :clap

Thanks, Aaron! :)

It's not for certain yet, I'm thinking of clearing out some easily replaceable HT figures first.

Not that it will be enough space :lol...but Vince, Jules, Harry, Lloyd, Blondie, Joker, The Bride, and maybe C3PO and R2. When I saw OMG's pics of the die-cast 3PO, I decided it's that one or nothing...of course that makes the pair of droids more costly than I was anticipating.

Thanks, Aaron! :)

It's not for certain yet, I'm thinking of clearing out some easily replaceable HT figures first.

Makes way more sense if you ask me :wink1:

So a few weeks ago, I got the idea in my head that I would be selling my Malcolm Reynolds figure. I decided to put together a custom box with the help of Denny Kim and Corrose, and in doing so...gave myself too much time to talk myself out of it. :slap Here are pics of the figure and box, the ones that will be used in the sale thread if I ultimately decide to let him go.

Tip for painlessly parting with a figure: Don't start watching the source material.

_MG_6709_zps2a4ec05f.jpg

_MG_6708_zps78a5d246.jpg

_MG_6705_zps3c173810.jpg

_MG_6704_zps57a8a3e5.jpg

_MG_6702_zps92d403b5.jpg

Back of box

_MG_6714_zps41b133b4.jpg

Great acquisition my friend ;)

Don't even think about selling this figure Dane! Yours was the inspiration for my own bash. :lol
As Teddy said sell some of those useless HT figures but keep this one-of-a-kind masterpiece!:)

obviously because the matrix figures won't go for a lot, at all, ill take them off your hands if I have to. Sheesh.

Don't even think about selling this figure Dane! Yours was the inspiration for my own bash. :lol
As Teddy said sell some of those useless HT figures but keep this one-of-a-kind masterpiece!:)

Thanks Ashad, definitely leaning towards keeping! :)

obviously because the matrix figures won't go for a lot, at all, ill take them off your hands if I have to. Sheesh.

Hey now, Malcolm is the only figure that is (potentially) for sale. :lol

I agree Dane. Sell the HT if you need the space or money. The customs are where it's at bud. They are unique for a reason. Keep it and you will thank youself later.

I agree Dane. Sell the HT if you need the space or money. The customs are where it's at bud. They are unique for a reason. Keep it and you will thank youself later.

Cheers, Justin, I think you're right. :duff

You're putting together Harry and Lloyd? And The Bride from Kill Bill? Excellent!

Glad to hear you're keeping Malcolm. It looks like a lot of work had been put into it!

I always thought it was painted by SilentSurfer. It was that good.

Glad to hear you're keeping Malcolm. It looks like a lot of work had been put into it!

I always thought it was painted by SilentSurfer. It was that good.

Yeah Josh Small (Small_Studios) is extremely talented, and his attention to detail is just as impressive as Nathan's, they just have very different styles. Malcolm was my first custom, and the only true kitbash I've done that has remained in my collection. :)

Ahhhhh, gotcha! mg2065 is doing Harry and Lloyd, and iminime is doing The Bride. :wink1:

I cannot wait for Harry and Lloyd!! One of my favorite movies of all time. I am glad to see some Jim Carrey love. I know there is a Mask, Riddler and a custom Grinch out but Lloyd Christmas was what shot him to stardom IMO.

I cannot wait for Harry and Lloyd!! One of my favorite movies of all time. I am glad to see some Jim Carrey love. I know there is a Mask, Riddler and a custom Grinch out but Lloyd Christmas was what shot him to stardom IMO.

Definitely! Ace is the most definitive Jim Carrey character for me, but the duo of Lloyd and Harry make Dumb and Dumber my favorite of his comedies. :exactly:

Definitely! Ace is the most definitive Jim Carrey character for me, but the duo of Lloyd and Harry make Dumb and Dumber my favorite of his comedies. :exactly:
That's right! There is also a Ace Ventura figure out there too right? Why don't you have that one?

Back