MarfMaster's Mix *LOTS of New Stuff* :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Malcolm Reynolds*

That's right! There is also a Ace Ventura figure out there too right? Why don't you have that one?

I wasn't really a fan of the head sculpt, unfortunately. :( I'm hoping Mike will consider Ace if he has fun with Harry and Lloyd. :pray:

That Malcolm is a masterpiece mate , don't sell it.
I loved Firefly and would bash my own if I had the patience , I can imagine that was a hard one to put together.

That Malcolm is a masterpiece mate , don't sell it.
I loved Firefly and would bash my own if I had the patience , I can imagine that was a hard one to put together.

Thanks buddy, I already have a few HT figures on the chopping block in Mal's place. :)

Looks great! Wish I could have put one together, but that SMcG guy wouldn't respond to e-mails in a way that made sense, and I got frustrated and sold the stuff I bought from Trevor :(

Looks great! Wish I could have put one together, but that SMcG guy wouldn't respond to e-mails in a way that made sense, and I got frustrated and sold the stuff I bought from Trevor :(

Thanks, Kara! That sucks...Chad does some great work, but he can fall off the grid from time to time. :(

So a few weeks ago, I got the idea in my head that I would be selling my Malcolm Reynolds figure. I decided to put together a custom box with the help of Denny Kim and Corrose, and in doing so...gave myself too much time to talk myself out of it. :slap Here are pics of the figure and box, the ones that will be used in the sale thread if I ultimately decide to let him go.

Tip for painlessly parting with a figure: Don't start watching the source material.

_MG_6709_zps2a4ec05f.jpg

_MG_6708_zps78a5d246.jpg

_MG_6705_zps3c173810.jpg

_MG_6704_zps57a8a3e5.jpg

_MG_6702_zps92d403b5.jpg

Back of box

_MG_6714_zps41b133b4.jpg

Hey buddy, just keep it :)

Hey buddy, just keep it :)

I think I will, thanks Nic. :)

This figure achieves what most set out to, but rarely do...it's a perfect representation of the character in 1/6. Granted it was an easier task, the character being a droid and not a human, but that doesn't make it any less impressive to look at. A truly remarkable piece.

_MG_6722_zps6d21fdfd.jpg

_MG_6717_zps9574d2b8.jpg

_MG_6728_zps065bf6ed.jpg

_MG_6727_zps15a65a1f.jpg

_MG_6726_zps705764d8.jpg

_MG_6725_zps7fe6a7a9.jpg

_MG_6721_zpsc063b324.jpg

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Tamashii Chogokin C-3PO*

Congrats Dane! Great shots!

I bet you are pleased you caved now? Looks incredible!

Looking forward to getting mine this week now :yess:

Horrid.

Love,

Ski

Understatement. :lecture

Wow that really shines literally and figuratively. Nice addition.

Thanks, jimmie. :)

Congrats Dane! Great shots!

I bet you are pleased you caved now? Looks incredible!

Looking forward to getting mine this week now :yess:

Cheers, Aaron, very glad I caved! A piece like this is what this hobby is all about. :duff Sorry to hear about your customs charges, but this sucker is worth every additional penny!

Nice acquisiton Dane! I ordered him from amiami.com. They are still looking for one for me. Fingers crossed that they do!

Did you get the Medicom R2D2 or are you going to wait it out for the Tamashii one?

I don't like Star Wars but holy crap that's impressive. Yoda, Luke, R23PO, and old guy rule.

Nice acquisiton Dane! I ordered him from amiami.com. They are still looking for one for me. Fingers crossed that they do!

Did you get the Medicom R2D2 or are you going to wait it out for the Tamashii one?

Thanks, Justin! :) I've been debating which R2 to get...but I think I've settled on the Tamashii version strictly because of scale. It's important to me that 3PO and R2 be the correct scale in relation to one another, even if that means I pay out the nose for it. :slap

I don't like Star Wars but holy crap that's impressive. Yoda, Luke, R23PO, and old guy rule.

Nailed it. :yess:

Thanks, man. :1-1:

3PO looks amazing man. Can't wait til Thursday.

I need to send my Yoda to Nathan already.

Back