Mars Toys 1/6 Batman Forever Riddler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I moved from one city to the neighboring one, USPS have been ace. Before, it was a crap shoot every time.
Yeah it's all about who the postmaster is in your area and how they run the joint. Definitely varies from town to town.

Usps has always been great. Even their tracking has been reliable. I'm sure I'll get my item. It's just their wording on this delivery has been rather odd. It definitely reads as if the package is in Calif. when it's not. Even the 4px tracking has misspellings which it never had before.

Yo, this looks really good in both display options. Gonna be tough to land on an ideal pose and look for this guy.

Also, KG have now shipped Riddler so they aren’t that far behind.

Well, mine arrived today! Outstanding service from Kit -- 4 days!

Pictures first, since that's what everyone really wants to see... but stay for the review at the end...

COMP 3.jpg

REVIEW:

This figure is electric green! It pops so ridiculously on the shelf, don't expect to notice any figure around it.

Great overall. The figure is sturdy. Good weight. The outfit is really well tailored. All the accessories rock. Heads swap out easily. Fun as hell to pose -- even though I was a little gun-shy with extreme poses. The body is tight -- which is good -- but on first futz, I didn't want to challenge it too much. With another head and a better representation of Carrey, this would rival Romero Joker.

The biggest problem with this figure: deciding on a pose! There's so many options.

Here's the ones I tried today:

COMP 1.jpg

But then, every doll has its nits. Sadly, my figure came with a snag in the leotard on the left thigh. I'm going to keep my eye on it and hope it doesn't grow.

What to watch out for:

This part is important: go slowly when removing the jacket. Also when pulling back the leotard sleeves to swap hands.

The hands are a little tricky -- and scary -- to swap out... but you can do it. Pull the sleeve forward first to get the thumb out, then slide the sleeve back over the hand to replace hands. Reverse process once hand is on. Its pretty obvious -- but you do have to go for it.

As always, be gentle with the jacket closure snaps -- the snap head is sturdier this time than other snaps but the stitching on one of my snaps is already unravelling. I'll likely need to re-stitch it if I unsnap the jacket.

Summation:

In the end, I'd say Mars has another HIT on its hands.

Other than the snag on the leotard and one snap stitching coming undone, I have no problems with this figure -- and only glowing things to say about it. Toying with it this afternoon has been nothing but silly fun.

I can't say Batman Forever is a favorite of mine, but I love colorful villains and that's what this movie is all about -- and Mars really went the extra mile in getting the body to look lanky like Carrey.

Pictures first, since that's what everyone really wants to see... but stay for the review at the end...

View attachment 709256

REVIEW:

This figure is electric green! It pops so ridiculously on the shelf, don't expect to notice any figure around it.

Great overall. The figure is sturdy. Good weight. The outfit is really well tailored. All the accessories rock. Heads swap out easily. Fun as hell to pose -- even though I was a little gun-shy with extreme poses. The body is tight -- which is good -- but on first futz, I didn't want to challenge it too much. With another head and a better representation of Carrey, this would rival Romero Joker.

The biggest problem with this figure: deciding on a pose! There's so many options.

View attachment 709257

But then, every doll has its nits. Sadly, my figure came with a snag in the leotard on the left thigh. I'm going to keep my eye on it and hope it doesn't grow.

What to watch out for:

This part is important: go slowly when removing the jacket. Also when pulling back the leotard sleeves to swap hands.

The hands are a little tricky -- and scary -- to swap out... but you can do it. Pull the sleeve forward first to get the thumb out, then slide the sleeve back over the hand to replaces hands. Reverse process once hand is on. Its pretty obvious -- but you do have to go for it.

As always, be gentle with the jacket closure snaps -- the snap head is sturdier this time than other snaps but the stitching on one of my snaps is already unravelling. I'll likely need to re-stitch it if I unsnap the jacket.

Summation:

In the end, I'd say Mars has another HIT on its hands.

Other than the snag on the leotard and one snap stitching coming undone, I have no problems with this figure -- and only glowing things to say about it. Toying with it this afternoon has been nothing but silly fun.

I can't say Batman Forever is a favorite of mine, but I love colorful villains and that's what this movie is all about -- and Mars really went the extra mile in getting the body to look lanky like Carrey.
Great write up. That pose session looked super fun. Look forward to it. Only just paid my invoice today. Ugh.

The 4-day delivery sounds great! I'm technically on day one, so perhaps a Monday delivery.🤞

Looks great Wor-Gar.

This will the most versatile figure in my collection in terms of posing options. It is going to be fun to mix it up regularly. The hatted and jacket look is still my favourite by far.

These from Justin's videos will be highly on my list to display like:

1718935145910.png

1718935175409.png

The months and months waiting for mine from Sugo Toys will be painful the more the pictures come in

View attachment 709256

REVIEW:

View attachment 709257

What to watch out for:

The hands are a little tricky -- and scary -- to swap out... but you can do it. Pull the sleeve forward first to get the thumb out, then slide the sleeve back over the hand

Hate that it has those button snaps though. Have had those break often in the past. Should have gone with magnets instead. Easy on and off.
Aren't magnets considered rare earth... stuffs?

Idk. I'm in full agreement here I just don't know wth I'm talking about..

Aren't magnets considered rare earth... stuffs?

Idk. I'm in full agreement here I just don't know wth I'm talking about..
It brings to mind a figure i purchased a while back. The Present Toys Blade 2 figure, his bomber jacket had these nice magnets on the front that opens and comes off with ease. Should have been sewn into the riddler's coat, easy peasy.

Last edited:
I need a stoic head and another wild jim Carrey expression.

I very much like Both Mars and SooSoo toys...heck even Toys Battalion seems to have a strong game..
Mars is 3rd party king 👑

Last edited:
Back